Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

RG3 = Mick Vick 2.0 aka Fools Gold

Can't win a Super Bowl with the quarterback who misses 3 games a season, that is why no matter how flashy RG3 looks and how much you want to believe you can win the ship with him everyone knows deep in their mind he is Mike Vick 2.0 always destined to be one hit away from another injury.

Guy is softer than marshmallow, how many times do you fools have to watch this play out to know you have to win from the pocket.

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Can't win a Super Bowl with the quarterback who misses 3 games a season, that is why no matter how flashy RG3 looks and how much you want to believe you can win the ship with him everyone knows deep in their mind he is Mike Vick 2.0 always destined to be one hit away from another injury.

Guy is softer than marshmallow, how many times do you fools have to watch this play out to know you have to win from the pocket.

Calling RG3 soft is like calling your mom a "lady". They both end up on their backs, but at least Griffin gets up, eventually.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Unreal, one of the toughest qb's in the nfl

The wheel chair thing is very clever though

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like the comparison, but I do believe that if Mike Vick were to come out today, he would have been much more successful on the field due to the schemes of today, especially if he had Shanahan who could manufacture a 1,000 yard RB from nothing.

RGIII is a shit load smarter though.

Scottish

3 injuries in his rookie season!

He'll be falling apart by his 3rd season by the time the Redskins have a 1st round pick again they'll be needing another QB.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He needs to improve in the pocket obviously and not be so reckless when he runs. He'll be fine next year.

Scottish

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    He needs to improve in the pocket obviously and not be so reckless when he runs. He'll be fine next year.
    You assume that but guys who don't slide as a young QB tend not to slide ever, Luck is already sliding and so did Rodgers/Brady/Peyton/Brees as young quarterbacks.

Some guys just refuse to slide.

I think RG3 can become a good QB but they need to cut down the option offense and run a pro style offense where he only runs when the play breaks down then slides, there is a reason option football doesn't survive in the NFL, the QB can't run it without getting killed.

I also don't think he can fit the ball into tight coverage so many of his throws are to wide open guys.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

You can criticize him all you want for running...but you can't call him soft...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

You assume that but guys who don't slide as a young QB tend not to slide ever, Luck is already sliding and so did Rodgers/Brady/Peyton/Brees as young quarterbacks.

Some guys just refuse to slide.

I think RG3 can become a good QB but they need to cut down the option offense and run a pro style offense where he only runs when the play breaks down then slides, there is a reason option football doesn't survive in the NFL, the QB can't run it without getting killed.

I also don't think he can fit the ball into tight coverage so many of his throws are to wide open guys.
    I seem to recall Rodgers getting a concussion towards the end of the season a few years back because he didn't slide. RG3 will be fine.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Skins will be even better next year with Fred Davis back. I'm confident Mike Shanahan will be smart enough to use RG3 the way he used Jake Plummer in Denver.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

The option offense let him showcase his skills but it was a huge injury risk. We saw what happened. The thing is the option offense is the reason why he was throwing to wide open guys in the mid level. If he stops running the options crap he will have to start fitting passes into tight windows and he hasn't prove he could do that yet.

Basically he's running a college football offense which is very dangerous. We'll see what kind of pro quarterback he is one he's running pro schemes.