bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else heard these rumors yet?

Rumors have Green out and the Mooch in AZ.

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard Mooch was top of the list to replace John L Smith at Mich St

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard that myself a few weeks back. However, I just heard this rumor this morning about him going to the desert.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Green is much more suited as an assistant.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Mooch should take the Michigan State job.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

On Sirius this morning they stated that Green was told he will be let go at the end of the season. Assuming that the Arizona office will be recruiting here....

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Mooch should take the Michigan State job.
    I agree. I think he would be better suited in the college ranks.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Mooch isn't going to go back to coaching for at least another year, I'd bet. He probably would've taken the Green Bay job last year - but he doesn't want to coach right now.

Personally, you'd be flat out STUPID or flat out STUBBORN to take a job in AZ. Only TOUGH SOBs have, at best, modest success down there. Tobin, Ryan, McGuinness are all TOUGH SOBs and all were or are outstanding coaches IMO - but you just cannot win down their until they change the culture - similar to what Marvin Lewis battled when he took the Cinci job - but that's another can o beans for another time.

Also, I think it'd be a huge mistake to fire Dennis Green. You have to admit, even though they've been horrible at times all year (and their expectations from the media were BS... What dumbass picks a team to go to the playoffs with not 1 player on the offensive line that could start for ANY OTHER team in the NFL) - they have quite a few playmakers on both sides of the ball (Dockett, Berry, Fitzy, Bolden and now Edge)... They need to shore up that O line. It's been a revolving door for awhile and they've come up busto almost every year. That O Line needs MAJOR help.

Also, I don't blame Green's coaching or game management for losing in situations they have been (Bears game, included). I believe their problem lies in 3 things. 1- pitiful O line. 2- pitiful QBs. 3- HORRIBLE execution (from mostly the QB and O line - defensive scheme, also).

I don't care HOW good of a coach you are, you can't win with tomato can players. Look at the Cowboys now that they got Bledsoe out... Their talent is coming out. I didn't expect Romo to be MVP calibur, but sheesh - I'd take Bledsoe over Warner or Leinart right now. Both just lose ballgames in creatively dumb ways that, IMO, aren't entirely on the coach... And sadly, Leinart is an upgrade over Warner... And Leinart, so far, has had incredible wide-out play from his special receivers that make HIM look good. Good QBs make their talent look good... Leinart isnt' good enough to take that team to the next level without a LOT more talent around him.