godevils2001
    godevils2001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carolina line a little low??

Anyone else scared off by the Panthers only giving the Skins 3.5 - 4.5 (depending on the site)? Seems like it should be 7 or 8....

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm guessing this is partially due to the change at QB for the skins, of whom not many people know much about.

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by godevils2001
    Anyone else scared off by the Panthers only giving the Skins 3.5 - 4.5 (depending on the site)? Seems like it should be 7 or 8....

Gotta go with Carolina...something tells me they are going to be in the face of the new QB all day...also with Portis out the running game is not the same....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too would take Carolina in this game.

We all know the Skins have pretty much packed it in for the season, but the lines don't appear to be reflecting that fact yet.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm loving Carolina in this game... Their defense has been pretty solid as of late... Posting the shutout against the Rams and holding the Bucs down for the last 3 quarters of their Monday Night game...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

As much as most will deny, Betts suits their run game better. Portis needs gaping holes to run through where as Betts is better at creating situations. You can't tell me you think Carolina should be favored by 7 on the road...you really think Carolina would be favored by 10 at home?

If you do, I think you are crazy.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

first vibe: I see something low scoring by a FG like CAR 13-10 but I haven't 'capped it fully yet . . .

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Betts is suited to run beind that line because they are big. Well, his STYLE of running. He's not that great of a back to begin with.
    Portis is a cutback runner - and needs an agile line that can pull/stunt/trap. Washington is not as good at that as they used to be in doing that, that's for sure (that's how they paid the bills back when they were Champs). Portis is a pure speed/cutback back... He's not exactly a downhill runner ala the bulkier backs - however, he's one of the best backs in the NFL I've seen in the last 10 years between the tackles. It's easy - it's blocking scheme. Washington just hits the guy they are supposed to. They are designed to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of running team. Portis is not that kind of back, nor should he be. He's so fast, that if he has an athletic line, you can run more traps/stretch running plays, where speed/patience KILL.

Betts just kind of runs the ball. Portis is just the wrong guy in the wrong place... But him being out definitly does not help that team. I don't know how you can say a guy that has done nothing in the NFL is a better fit than a guy who's rushed for almost 6,000 yards in 4 years, previous to this one. It isn't exactly an Al Saunders type of OL, either. KC's running attack under him was good because it's athetic and big. Washingtons is just big.

I think this is a soft line, but is also reflective of Carolina's record ATS this season. It's gotten better, recently, but it's been horrible the rest of the year.