Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I never said they cant win on the road. I said they were below average.
    I'd say average, not below it. They had some quality road wins and a few close road losses.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Ok 104-145 was the record of all road teams this year (including playoffs and not counting the tie between STL/SF). That is a winning percentage of 41% on the road. Counting today's game, the Seahawks went 4-5 on the road, a winning percentage of 45%. You are incorrect in your statement, and I rest my case. They are in fact, an above average road team.
    Dirtybird.......

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I never said they cant win on the road. I said they were below average.
    Not directed at you. But it's definitely a common idea that comes up every week the Seahawks are on the road. With seven of their eight road games ending within 7 points and the team having gone 2-5 in those games, it seems like too much is made of a couple of bad bounces. If they had gone 4-4 on the road, winning one more of those close games, then their road performance wouldn't even be an issue, and I really doubt anyone can make the case that the team would be any better at 4-4 than they are at 3-5. IMO, the road numbers aren't very predictive of their continued post-season play.

I think the much more relevant issue is their general upward trend starting after Week 4, and really showing in their last 6 games. They're a team that's gotten significantly better as the season has gone on, and have very few issues with injuries.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Well they are 4-5 now on the road.....I bet if you go through every NFL teams home record....you'll see that most teams fall far below .500 on the road (just a guess).

Now look at their losses on the road:

Lost in Wk 1 to Arizona by 4
    Lost in Wk 4 to St Louis by 6
    Lost in Wk 7 to San Fran by 6
    Lost in Wk 8 to Detroit by 4
    Lost in Wk 12 to Miami by 3

Such horrible losses.
    Those are crappy non-playoff teams they should have beaten by double digits bro!

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Dirtybird.......
    Ok fine, you want me to give you that the Seahawks are a SLIGHTLY above average road team, by 4% when looking at overall league records, and against some terrible teams?

Here are teams that were above .500 on the road this year: Denver, Houston, New England, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago and Washington.

Here are teams that were below .500 on the road this year: Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Steelers, Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, and Chiefs

You tell me which group of teams you'd rather be a part of...and thats what I mean when I say below average.
    Last edited by DirtyBird1500; 01-06-13 at 08:17 PM.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by amrit View Post
    I think I'm going to take Atlanta -2.5...I think it's just too good of a line to pass up
    ROOKIE QB on the road
    Matt Ryan's home record

Take it bro. You got to take it. You don't get rookie qb's on the road facing guys with 90% winning percentages at home.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Clemons is getting an MRI time now and the Hawks are 0-2 in Domes this year to include losses to the Rams and Lions. The GA Dome will be very loud, just ask Eli and Peyton who's teams got destroyed. This is your second straight east coast trip with an early Sunday start. ATL is 100 percent healthy and Mike Nolan gets to scheme against a rookie QB. Seattle gets buried on Sunday.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Clemons is getting an MRI time now and the Hawks are 0-2 in Domes this year to include losses to the Rams and Lions. The GA Dome will be very loud, just ask Eli and Peyton who's teams got destroyed. This is your second straight east coast trip with an early Sunday start. ATL is 100 percent healthy and Mike Nolan gets to scheme against a rookie QB. Seattle gets buried on Sunday.
    Seattle hasnt been buried by anyone this year. Not by the Patriots, not by the Packers and not by the 49ers. They lost 5 games by a total of 23 points! How on earth can you possibly think that the Falcons (who give up 375 yards a game) are gonna bury anyone?? Didnt they beat the Raiders at the last second 23-20 AT HOME? I see this being a very close game. Maybe the Falcons win but not by more than 7.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    They lost a 5 games by a total of 23 points! How on earth can you possibly think that the Falcons (who give up 375 yards a game) are gonna bury anyone?? Didnt they beat the Raiders at the last second 23-20 AT HOME?
    So when the Seahawks lose to shitty teams by a few points it is a postive, but when the Falcons beat shitty teams by a few points it is a negative. Interesting logic.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

So when the Seahawks lose to shitty teams by a few points it is a postive, but when the Falcons beat shitty teams by a few points it is a negative. Interesting logic.
    Good point! Lol!

Just answer me this--What is Atlanta's record VS PLAYOFF teams this year?

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Good point! Lol!

Just answer me this--What is Atlanta's record VS PLAYOFF teams this year?
    2-0. So not sure they could have done any better. You can't beat who you dont play.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Open Atlanta -3, now Atlanta -1. So, I do not know what to play. Atlanta -1 at home with good record against rookie QB, wow only -1.

suicidekings
    Update your status

2-0. So not sure they could have done any better. You can't beat who you dont play.
    True, however they wouldn't be the first team to play an easy schedule for the season and then get slaughtered in the playoffs.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    True, however they wouldn't be the first team to play an easy schedule for the season and then get slaughtered in the playoffs.
    For sure, no disagreement there. I definitely don't want to give off the impression that I think this will be an easy game. I just get tired of the total lack of respect by some out there and this idea that the Falcons choke in the playoffs. Now we have to just go out there and earn it in the playoffs this year, and thats what I am hoping for.

I honestly believe that the Seahawks are virtually unbeatable at home. But I also think that when they go on the road they become a much more average team.

If the Falcons go out and get blown out in this game and show no fight at all then there are absolutely no excuses.

suicidekings
    Update your status

For sure, no disagreement there. I definitely don't want to give off the impression that I think this will be an easy game. I just get tired of the total lack of respect by some out there and this idea that the Falcons choke in the playoffs. Now we have to just go out there and earn it in the playoffs this year, and thats what I am hoping for.

I honestly believe that the Seahawks are virtually unbeatable at home. But I also think that when they go on the road they become a much more average team.

If the Falcons go out and get blown out in this game and show no fight at all then there are absolutely no excuses.
    I'd be shocked if this isn't a very competitive game, and leaning strongly to it being low-scoring. Definitely a game where FGs will be a huge factor. Something like a 16-13 final score.

Speedy88

Ok fine, you want me to give you that the Seahawks are a SLIGHTLY above average road team, by 4% when looking at overall league records, and against some terrible teams?

Here are teams that were above .500 on the road this year: Denver, Houston, New England, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago and Washington.

Here are teams that were below .500 on the road this year: Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Steelers, Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, and Chiefs

You tell me which group of teams you'd rather be a part of...and thats what I mean when I say below average.
    Sure I'd rather be with the top group.....but I don't why you are preaching that the Seahawks are such a bad road team. They've gone 4-5 on the road, not to mention they've won their last 3 road games. Honestly, I'd rather be 4-5 on the road, winning my last 3 on the road, than 6-2 on the road and losing my last 2. Who cares what happened back in weeks 1-4, the NFL is a "What Have You Done For Me Lately" type of league.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Falcons are at their best at home.

DirtyBird1500

Sure I'd rather be with the top group.....but I don't why you are preaching that the Seahawks are such a bad road team. They've gone 4-5 on the road, not to mention they've won their last 3 road games. Honestly, I'd rather be 4-5 on the road, winning my last 3 on the road, than 6-2 on the road and losing my last 2. Who cares what happened back in weeks 1-4, the NFL is a "What Have You Done For Me Lately" type of league.
    The Falcons last road game was Week 16 and they won.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

If you actually think Seattle CBs are going to be too physical for ATL WRs, you are delusional..Roddy White was a state wrestling champ, he thrives against physical corners..Julio Jones is a beast, he destroyed Browner last time they played..Clemens is supposedly injured which will give ATL chance to help McClure and Konz in the middle where ATL has been struggling in protection...Key is that today's game was very physical for both teams..ATL with all the doubts and disrespect will be hungy to win their first playoff game and I expect their crowd to be raucus...Dirty Birds win this one for sure

Speedy88

The Falcons last road game was Week 16 and they won.
    Ok....well Seattle won their last 3 road games. Either way....it should be a good game. Personally, I think the Falcons probably win, but I just can't stand all the people on SBR that call Seattle a bad road team. They were a bad road team last year, and for the first half of this season. If they lose, it won't because they are a bad road team. There are plenty of other reasons why they can lose this game, being on the road is not one of them.

Either way....good luck to your dirty birds.

DirtyBird1500

Ok....well Seattle won their last 3 road games. Either way....it should be a good game. Personally, I think the Falcons probably win, but I just can't stand all the people on SBR that call Seattle a bad road team. They were a bad road team last year, and for the first half of this season. If they lose, it won't because they are a bad road team. There are plenty of other reasons why they can lose this game, being on the road is not one of them.

Either way....good luck to your dirty birds.
    Fair enough...I get equally defensive when people say the Falcons choke in the playoffs, so I get where you are coming from. And I definitely think it will be a good game as well, I hope I dont give off the impression that I think it will be an easy win. I posted in another thread somewhere today and flat our said I'd rather play the Redskins. But if we do have to play Seattle I damn sure would rather have it be on the road.

Good luck to you too...I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about next weekend!

rockhardfister

Bro - They shit on the Giants 34-0 when the Giants were rolling everyone and world was hanging from the Giants Scrotum as they postured for another super bowl run. ATL took their soul.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Bro - They shit on the Giants 34-0 when the Giants were rolling everyone and world was hanging from the Giants Scrotum as they postured for another super bowl run. ATL took their soul.

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Any of you know if Seattle traveled back home to Seattle or went directly to Atlanta after the Washington game?
    Last edited by GP; 01-07-13 at 05:59 PM.

calmeat
    calmeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

RG3 was on the road to victory before he got hurt. SEA corners are good but WSH was pretty much plowing through that D the whole first half. SEA Offense is ok but im not buying that they are that good. Lynch is the only playmaker on that O. Sid is good but hes no julio or roddy. ATL D will be pumped up and looking for a couple of picks from Wilson.

Also some Divisional round trends
    NO. 1 seeds 32-12 SU and 24-20 ATS
    Top seeds in NFC have gone 19-3 SU and 15-7 ATS
    Teams that were losing teams last year (seven or fewer wins) are just 8-36 SU and 17-25-1 ATS in this round.(SEA <7 wins)

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I get equally defensive when people say the Falcons choke in the playoffs

Well what else should people call 27-2 and 48-21 or whatever the score was in the Rodgers Human Highlight reel game. For the record I think Atl gets this one if the lazy Falcon crowd actually gets loud this time.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Any of you know if Seattle traveled back home to Seattle or went directly to Atlanta after the Washington game?
    They did travel back.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Well what else should people call 27-2 and 48-21 or whatever the score was in the Rodgers Human Highlight reel game. For the record I think Atl gets this one if the lazy Falcon crowd actually gets loud this time.
    Well in the Giants game they were on the road and the worse seed, so I'm not sure how that qualifies as "choking".

The Packers game they got smoked by the better team, and then so did everyone else that played the Packers after that on their way to the Super Bowl. That doesn't quite qualify as choking to me either. It is possible to just lose to a better team without it being a choke job.

rockhardfister

Im telling you, Seattle is getting set up big time. Look at this map, nobody outside of GA thinks ATL can win. All media outlets are swinging from Seattle's JOC. Funny thing is, even after Atlanta takes Seattle apart Sunday they will still get no love. I can see it now. The Falcons beat a rookie QB at home, now its time to play the big boys"insert team". No way these knuckle heads are going to hold Roddy and Julio down. Its pretty simple, if you give Ryan time, your done and last time I checked Chris Clemons is gone.

Akbar Gbajabiamila (whoever that is) on NFL AM:

"They (Seattle defense) are going to make the Atlanta Falcons' offense very one dimensional. When they're one dimensional they can't do much....how does Browner and Sherman do against Roddy White and Julio Jones? AND THOSE GUYS (Sherman and Browner) THEY'RE GOING TO CLOBBER; THEY'RE GOING TO SUFFOCATE THEM; THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OFF THE PRESSES; THEY'RE GOING TO GET PHYSICAL WITH THOSE...IT'S GOING TO BE A MONUMENTAL FAILURE ONCE AGAIN FOR THE ATLANTA FALCONS. THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS."

"I want the viewers and Atlanta fans to just bury it and go ahead and give it to the Seahawks...you can't stop this team. "

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm liking Atl more and more here. Living in Indy....I had season tickets for 4 yrs at the RCA Dome and trust me it is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE advantage when your offense can hear the QB audible and the other guys can't. Atlanta is known as a $hit NFL market compared to college but they are a #1 seed so it will be LOUD. Now Seattle could shut the crowd up with 150+ yds rushing but RWs passing game will suffer. You throw in Clemons injury and Ryan's numbers at home and the Falcons win....maybe in a rout.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Atlanta's a soft team. They won't like the physical brand of football Seattle plays. Matt Ryan is going to get his hair messed up all game.
    clemmons is out and browner looked rusty lasf game.

havent decided if i am playing this game...

i have a ton of confidence in both of these teams

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was apparent that everyone would be on seahawks. The world saw them come back from 14 points. Rg3 cost the skins the game by staying in buy his receivers didn't catch what we're thrown to them in their hands.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

Keep in mind....the Washington D didn't do a very good stopping Seattle after the first quarter. Yes, RGIII got injured and the game changed......welcome to the friggen NFL. 380 yards of offense to 78 in the last 3 quarters had a heck of a lot more to do with what Seattle was doing than with what the Redskins were doing.

Regarding the game in Atlanta: Should be a great game. Seattle is a better team at home/neutral site....but this is in ATL and that advantage should be enough for them to win.

I hear there are still 11K seats available. ATL should be embarassed. That is truely pathetic.

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I'm liking Atl more and more here. Living in Indy....I had season tickets for 4 yrs at the RCA Dome and trust me it is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE advantage when your offense can hear the QB audible and the other guys can't. Atlanta is known as a $hit NFL market compared to college but they are a #1 seed so it will be LOUD. Now Seattle could shut the crowd up with 150+ yds rushing but RWs passing game will suffer. You throw in Clemons injury and Ryan's numbers at home and the Falcons win....maybe in a rout.

I must say that I love how people are commenting on the sound of a stadium as part of their argument against the hawks. Ever hear of Century Link Field, didn't think so if you were dumb enough to mention the sound of a stadium in part of your argument. Also, please use Clemons' injury as an excuse to go all in on Atlanta. He had 11.5 sacks, and he is being replaced by the rookie Bruce Irvin who has 8 sacks, leading for a rookie this season. What does Atlanta offer against Seattle's run game? Oh right, nothing.

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatman36 View Post
    I must say that I love how people are commenting on the sound of a stadium as part of their argument against the hawks. Ever hear of Century Link Field, didn't think so if you were dumb enough to mention the sound of a stadium in part of your argument. Also, please use Clemons' injury as an excuse to go all in on Atlanta. He had 11.5 sacks, and he is being replaced by the rookie Bruce Irvin who has 8 sacks, leading for a rookie this season. What does Atlanta offer against Seattle's run game? Oh right, nothing.
    Your missing an important detail: It will be loud when Seattle is on offense, and significantly more quiet when they are on defense. Century Link Field pays their team the same respect that any other knowledgeable professional sports stadium does, and when their home team is on offense, they try to be quiet too. You sir, while you may not be dumb, are being dumb here. One more thing, ever notice the signs they are showing now: "Quiet please, home team on offense, etc."

First 1234 Last