tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Colts vs Ravens Preview and Pick

Going into the 2012 season nobody thought that a match-up between the Colts vs Ravens would be a playoff match-up. And it's not the Ravens that are the surprise. The Colts are coming off of a 2-14 season that smelled like a Peyton Manning-less team would be in for a dismal future.

Andrew Luck had other ideas. Luck has given the Colts new hope that their future is brighter than they could have ever imagined. The Ravens are in a familiar situation behind Joe Flacco, in the playoffs again. Flacco has been known to win playoff games, however, has not won a Superbowl yet in his still young career.

Although Flacco has had critics, he is a proven winner. Luck will try and win his first playoff game in his rookie season. Luck has had struggles with turning the ball over and a combination of that and the Baltimore Ravens may cause trouble for the rookie. One thing the Colts do have on their side is Chuck Pagano. Pagano has battled back from cancer and is back on the sidelines which has given the Colts a sense that they can do anything.

The Colts are the 7th best passing team in the NFL and will look to pick apart the Baltimore secondary. Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton lead the Colts in receiving yards. Wayne is the sole veteran in the group and has had success with any quarterback he has played with.

The most important part of the Colts offense may be Vick Ballard who rushed for over 800 yards during season but has hit his stride lately.

Joe Flacco started to gain critics with his inconsistent performances this season until he stumped the Giants in a must win game in week 16. Flacco looked impressive with Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin backing him up. With Ray Rice in the backfield Flacco has controlled his offense with a dual threat offense.

The Ravens rank in the middle of the NFL in yards per game, passing yards per game and rushing yards per game.

M&T Bank Stadium will be ready to see Flacco and the Ravens take on the Colts as Colts fans anticipate the first playoff game in Andrew Luck's career.

Pick Indianapolis MoneyLine

Yinz Hooligan
    Yinz Hooligan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

tshafer117

Joe Flacco, 9 playoff games, 1 game with over 300 yards and people praise him like he's a god

THoll702
    THoll702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5448

Baltimore -7

tshafer117

^
    Buried

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

^
    Buried forsure

NavsPicks

Baltimore -2.5 is the play. Safe . buy the pts.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

over where it at,,i can make a decent case for either side but however it plays out ravens will score and Luck should keep pace, whether or not he can set the pace or win i dont know but think this gets well into the 50s, something like 30-24 sounds bout right...

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Baltimore -2.5 is the play. Safe . buy the pts.
    Smart man right here.

tshafer117

28-17 Colts

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Took the Colts +7 and ML small

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

My wildcard round of playoffs plays

Saturday:

Cincinnati +4.5 and ML ATS*** ML **

Green Bay -7.5 *****

Sunday:

Baltimore -6.5 "HUGE" ********

Seattle -3 this one might push ** ML*****

*'s=strength of play

Good luck................

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    28-17 Colts
    unless balty goes completely stupid there no fukkin way colts hold them to 17...

tshafer117

Smart

tshafer117

Flacco in the playoffs= No points check the history of Joe Flacco in the playoffs.

tshafer117

The best play for tomorrow no matter what is Seattle -3, got them at 2.5 though

NavsPicks

i agree with your Seattle -2.5 play got it there aswell But i dont understand why your giving off "history" when making plays... all that matters is the 60 mins in the game and if your gonna go off of anything go off of this season..
    Last edited by NavsPicks; 01-06-13 at 12:00 AM. Reason: PAULYJOKER

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    making plays... all that matters is the 48mins in the game
    What about the other 12 minutes?

NavsPicks

lol oops.. thats what happens when theres only 4 nfl games and 50 nba games . myb lol meant 15ech q

2daBank

Flacco in the playoffs= No points check the history of Joe Flacco in the playoffs.
    check the recent history of what defense you backing,,rice will steamroll this team, they give up 5.1 ypc on the yr (ranking them 2nd to last right behind the aints) and if that isnt pathetic enough they have given up over 6ypc the last month, they back that up with a pass defense in the bottom third of damn near every stat, have been out gained by pretty significant margin every gm the last month, they give up a avg of 29 ppg on the road and balt typically scores at home (much more than a lot of the teams that been scoring on them)...all that and then throw in the pick or 2 you know balty gonna get off luck that sets their offense up for more points...while you talking "check flacco's playoff history" i dare you to find me a worse defense he has ever got to face in the playoffs...colts might win but it damn sure not gonna be by holding balt to 17, balt will score 20-24 minimum and more likely 27-30....u crazy if you think balt not scoring more than 17 at home on the worst yards per point defense in the playoffs, i dont even wanna bet ravens but that cause i think Luck will be able to put up some points himself. if you think balt only scores 17 you should put your life savings on the colts..

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joe Flacco, 9 playoff games, 1 game with over 300 yards and people praise him like he's a god
    This is your angle? Flacco is better now than he has ever been in the past, and more importantly, Torrey Smith has gotten a LOT better since last year. Flacco has a full complement of receivers in Smith/Boldin/Dickson that's better than anything he's had to rely on in the past.

Plus Ray Rice vs the Indy ground defense. HUGE mismatch.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Indy to cover though. All favs won today and Seattle won't loose so Indy should cover by a fg or 4

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

I like Indy and the points here, but I've got them on the ML too.. Balt could win, but it should be a close game, the Pagano angle is stronger than any angle I can think of on Flacco.. He know's how to shit a bed.. No romo or anything, but yea.. +7 seems lik a gift for Luck and the Upward Trending Colts D.

Big play for the day is SEA-3.. penetrate the hook I think they will win this game by 10+

GL fella's

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have indy + points but there's no fukking way ravens loose....lewis is too much heart to go out on wildcard....too much heart brother. pegano had his time, but these dudes don't know him like ravens know ray......

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Let's not forget that Chuck Pagano was the Baltimore Defensive Coordinator last year

Reener77
    Reener77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7006

Newsflash: Nobody praises Flacco like he's a God.

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    This is your angle? Flacco is better now than he has ever been in the past, and more importantly, Torrey Smith has gotten a LOT better since last year. Flacco has a full complement of receivers in Smith/Boldin/Dickson that's better than anything he's had to rely on in the past.

Plus Ray Rice vs the Indy ground defense. HUGE mismatch.
    Flacco is better now than he has been in the past? Lol... I laughed at that for a good 10 minutes! Flacco is garbage! If the Ravens run game isn't going today, the Colts roll. The Ravens defense is the worst it's been since they abandoned Ohio and there QB is not playoff elite. I take my chances against this inflated spread any day.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

I took Baltimore -7.5 would it be too inconceivable to also place another bet with Indy at +10?

If Baltimore wins by 8 I would still win both bets.

Has anyone here tried this type of bet before?

Actually I bought the points to under 50.

So I took Baltimore -7.5 and the under 50.
    Last edited by GIVEMETHEMONEY; 01-06-13 at 09:38 AM.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Flacco has been in the playoffs every year he's started in the NFL. In EVERY year he has WON at least ONE playoff game. His QB rating in the playoffs has improved in the each of the last 3 years. Don't know why you wouldn't take the points if you liked INDY. Flacco doesn't have to be great for BAL to win, Luck MUST be for Indy to have a shot. Ravens is the play, plain and simple.

EDIT - I see you already knew this and still went with Indy.... wish I had money to waste
    Last edited by Deol; 01-06-13 at 09:54 AM.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Ahahaha just as I tried to tell you...it wouldn't matter what flacco did and on top of that he played decent. Luck wasn't ready and neither were you.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Saturday:

Cincinnati +4.5 and ML ATS*** ML **

Green Bay -7.5 *****

Sunday:

Baltimore -6.5 "HUGE" ********

Seattle -3 this one might push ** ML*****