PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chip Kelly Interviewing With The Eagles Today

Apparently, the Eagles were so worried that Kelly was going to sign a deal with Cleveland they flew out immediately to Arizona to make their sales pitch to him today.

Could be an interesting afternoon heading into the evening in regards to where Kelly will be coaching next season.

I still think he goes to the Browns, but the Eagles seemed pretty desperate to meet with him when they found out he was close to a deal with Cleveland. Makes me think they are going to offer him everything they can to get him.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

He'd be a good fit for us offensively, defence still a concern however. Philly are you content with Todd B??

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

It'll be interesting to see what he does with a bunch of guys who don't fit his system at all. Seems like the path to success in the NFL these days is fitting your system to your talent, instead of trying to shoehorn them. I guess Shady fits it perfectly, but Foles not at all and DeShaun not at all.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    He'd be a good fit for us offensively, defence still a concern however. Philly are you content with Todd B??
    Vinnie I'm not an Eagles fan bro but I do watch them and follow them as it's pretty much inevitable in this environment. To answer your question, if I were an Eagles fan, I would not be satisfied with Todd B. I think he stinks as a matter of fact. If the Eagles do get Kelly hopefully, he brings with him a good, solid D coordinator.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

I like the idea of Chip Kelly in Philly.

1) Keep Vick
    2) Run Oregon Offense
    3) Collect Wins

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

no chance todd b is back

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's smart, give him that. Taking more meetings is just driving up his price if he does bolt. Especially smart between the Browns and Eagles where you've got former Eagles personnel in the Browns front office. I think he's hoping for a bidding war. There is no QB on any team that he is being pursued by that is going to be able to run his offense the way it was intended, so anywhere he goes - they've got to know where to find a QB to run the offense or he's going to as mentioned be forcing someone into a system that will not fit well. From a skill perspective, Philly or Buffalo probably has better speed players on offense that could assimilate into his system. The Browns really don't look like they fit him at all with their personnel IMO.

I still don't want anything to do with Kelly in Philly personally. As for Bowles, the only thing he would be back for is to return to being a position coach - but in all honesty, any new coach who comes in is likely going to clean out almost 100% of the staff. There isn't a coach in Philly that really needs to be on a new staff coming in IMO.

And even though I am sure Lurie has the cash, I still don't see why he would want to pay top dollar to a guy like Kelly while he is paying Reid $5 million to not be the coach next season. I think they are looking for someone more like a McCoy who is young, would command a lower salary to start and they could lock him up for a smart contract.

dlunc3

staley might be the only coach back

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Wouldn't mind giving Zimmer a shot either, gotta admit I'm not too high on Kelly.

I'm also hearing Broncos o coordinator mike McCoy

dlunc3

imo its gonna be mccoy or bradley

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The more I have read too, I wouldn't be surprised if Lurie and Roseman were swooping in to make Banner & the Browns pay more and didn't have any major intention of making an offer unless they were surprised by what they found it would take. Those guys do not like each other much from how things ended with Banner in Philly.