Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

Thanksgiving Games . . . Early Chat

opening lines and subsequent movement:

Mia -3 @ DET (now some 2.5): I love DET here; already got it
    down +3 . . .

Tampa +9.5 @ DAL (now some +11): I have TB leanage . . .

Den -3 @ KC (now KC +1): I have KC leanage . . .

Let's Get the Discussion Strarted . . .

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

No bets in the NFL on Turkey day. Im just going to kick back, eat, drink and watch some football. All day.

Good luck on your bets.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tampa Bay might be the only game I even thinking about playing on turkey day.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC is the play.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anybody else like Miami going up against Detroit??

If this wasn't a turkey special I would love Miami in this role, and a look at the recent stats show me that Detroit has not been doing well on Thanksgiving lately. I also think that future pro-bowler Joey Harrington (Yeah right) has something to prove against his old team. The line will probably move to under 3 at Pinny sometime today.

I also like the over for the Den/K.C. game. I know that Trent Green just got back and that Gonzo might not play, but these AFC West divisional games in primetime seem to go over the total every time.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    KC is the play.
    They are one hell of a home team at this time of the year. The problem I have is the Trent Green factor. This will only be his 2nd game comming off that injury, and the Broncos defense should contain him IMO

austintx05

Herm just was on NFL Radio. Said Tony G is practicing all week and will play. His gameplan vs Oakland was to protect Green to get him in rythym for this game.

Take KC at home.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

think Miami wins thuis game easy. Detroit is horrible while AMiami has had 3 decent wins in a roll. Think Joey will show off his old team. 3 unit play for me.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    Herm just was on NFL Radio. Said Tony G is practicing all week and will play. His gameplan vs Oakland was to protect Green to get him in rythym for this game.

Take KC at home.
    Speaking about game plans. If he tries to go with the same game plan on thursday, I think the under could be a nice play in this one.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Line is now KC -1.

Tomxster
    Tomxster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard
    Does anybody else like Miami going up against Detroit??

If this wasn't a turkey special I would love Miami in this role, and a look at the recent stats show me that Detroit has not been doing well on Thanksgiving lately. I also think that future pro-bowler Joey Harrington (Yeah right) has something to prove against his old team. The line will probably move to under 3 at Pinny sometime today.

I also like the over for the Den/K.C. game. I know that Trent Green just got back and that Gonzo might not play, but these AFC West divisional games in primetime seem to go over the total every time.

Hey, when is the last time you saw Miami as a road favourite. I think Detroit, while not a great team, covers and wins outright against Miami Thursday. Dont like Harrington.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tomxster
    Hey, when is the last time you saw Miami as a road favourite. I think Detroit, while not a great team, covers and wins outright against Miami Thursday. Dont like Harrington.
    with you on this Tomxster and welcome to forum . . .

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Thanksgiving use to be much more exciting when Barry Sanders was playing.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I agree with the Detroit pick. I still don't trust Harrington. Detroit will be motivated against their former qb and I also think they win this game SU.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan
    I agree with the Detroit pick. I still don't trust Harrington. Detroit will be motivated against their former qb and I also think they win this game SU.
    okay, current list of DET takers in this thread . . .

Checkerboard, Tomxster, and TexasFan . . .

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    No bets in the NFL on Turkey day. Im just going to kick back, eat, drink and watch some football. All day.

Good luck on your bets.
    Thanks onlooker ~ enjoy the day! Be careful, though, they say 'you are what you eat'. We wouldn't want you to baecome a turkey! LOL

lid73
    lid73's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think one thing to consider when capping the Thanksgiving games is the short week. Teams coming off a tough, phisical game are going to come in a little sore. Teams that kind of breezed through their last game should have an advantage.

I kind of feel like KC may be a little beat up after the Raiders. I didn't see the whole game, but the portions I saw seemed to be pretty hard hitting.

I also like Miami in the Detroit game. I hear they will dress a Turkey as Ricky Williams and rush it 35 times. Everyone knows those things are really tough to catch!

godevils2001
    godevils2001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being from the D, the Lions have shown NOTHING these past couple of weeks, while the Fins have looked pretty good. Yes, the Lions D will want a piece of Joey Ballgame, but don't you think HE will have even more motivation to show both them AND the fans a little something?
    If I've learned one thing about the Lions over the years, it's that they're NEVER a good play, no matter how they've looked (good or bad), or what the situation is.
    Just stay away....

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good advise dude. Detroit Lions are the worst franchise in the NFL. Year after year they suck. Living here in the Philly area I don't know which is worse, having a team that goes to the playoffs every year only to eventually crash and burn or having a team that is out of it every year by the time that the Thanksgiving day game occurs.

By the way, how do you place other peoples comments in your comments so that other people know which comment you are addressing. I am new to forums, and have just learned to use the computer for something other that CAD work. Is there a section contained in the web site that can explain this?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Remember, the fans are going to get on Joey Harrington tomorrow. They shouldnt make it easy for him to hear in the dome.

Nah Checker, I wont become a turkey.

austintx05

I don't like the line movement here. KC -1.5, KC -2 at some books. Denver -3 was the opener and this is a huge move. After looking at this game I lean Under.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit horrible against the pass and will be again today. But can't trust joey.

KC at home, Denver on even shorter time off b/c they played sunday eve and traveled. Green back without so much rust. I also believe Larry Johnson will get his before this one is over.

3rd in 10 days for bucs as they "played" prior monday eve and they are historically horrible road bet coming off su home win...Dallas laying 11 too many for me so...

2 teamer= Dallas-5 & kc +5

Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard
    okay, current list of DET takers in this thread . . .

Checkerboard, Tomxster, and TexasFan . . .

Add me to the list

ROKNDJ
    ROKNDJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goin' wit the Phins!

Detroit has no offense. No running game. Playing against the Dolphins defense that punishes everyone they play lately. Look what they did to Chicago & Minnesota.