austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

MNF DIscussion : Giants vs Jaguars

I lean Jax -4

Eli Manning is not a good road QB. He is in last place in INT's in the league and every week just seems to struggle with his decision making. Throwing some jump balls to Plax or just the way he doesn't get teammates involved. This might have a bit to do with their O-Coordinator, but it happens like clockwork. Even with Garrard in, he has played well. More mobile than Byron and plenty capable of running this offense. Giants will need to get 120 yards out of Tiki tonight who is nursing a banged up right thumb. He said on his radio show "The Barber Shop" that if it continues to bother him he might have to carry the ball in his left hand. This might seem like a minor detail, but its the little things that can lead to turnovers. The Jags receivers are big enough to give a poor NYG secondary fits all game long. In this last stretch where the Giants won 4 in a row, their secondary was not really tested. And when they were, it was disastrous. Do you remember the Seattle game? All in all you look at this line and see a team in the top of the NFC getting over a FG and with a potential MVP at RB and a Super Bowl hyped team keeping it close should be no problem and you might even expect an outright win. I disagree. Jax has a very good defene especially at home and Tiki will need to have another solid 120+ game in order for the Giants to win this game. A 10 pt Jax win, would not suprise me.

Your thoughts....
    Last edited by austintx05; 11-20-06 at 09:36 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jags just ain't getting the love tonight as the favorite at all under the Monday night lights. There ranked like 5th in defense, and should be the chalk in this game. I'm just wondering if the under would be the better way to go here.

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am also leaning towards Jax -4 and the under the Jags play nasty D especially at home and I am hearing alot of people talking the under!!!!

austintx05

Honestly, If you take the under you really need to have soem confidence in the NYG secondary. I don't. I think an average passing attack can have great success vs this secondary and given the size advantage of the Jax receivers over the Giants secondary. I see Jax scoring around 24 points tonight. No lean on this total, just the side.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    Honestly, If you take the under you really need to have soem confidence in the NYG secondary. I don't. I think an average passing attack can have great success vs this secondary and given the size advantage of the Jax receivers over the Giants secondary. I see Jax scoring around 24 points tonight. No lean on this total, just the side.
    I see a 24-13 Jax type of game, maybe even over; sometimes
    when it 'rains' in FLA, it pours.

austintx05

As much as I have been debating this game, I think I am going to pass. Too many variables.

No Play

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

good call.

any winning gambler will tell you there are always three sides to a game.