innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Sunday night football and the law of averages.

Figured I would ask the brains of the forum your opinion. I already wrote up why I like the Cowgirls tonight but nonetheless. It's being advertised that Romo is 1-5 in win or go home games. 16.666667%. Oddly enough espn is advertising the Cowboys are 2-10 since 2000 in week #17. Also 16.666667%. However nobody is mentioning that since 1961 when these two divisional team started playing each other twice a year (except 1 year) the redskins have only swept the boys 4 times. Good for 8.16326%. Seems to me the odds which locally dropped from -180 to -175 in favor of redskins sweeping. Is a little too good to be true. I have the Skins favored on paper by -4.5 to -6 depending how home field value is configured. I think the home team is being undersold because they really are not the favorite here.
    Last edited by innovation; 12-30-12 at 05:08 PM.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Your decimal places are off, but I know you mean 16%. Not sure how much stock you put from games in the 60s or 70s, I believe they are unrelated events to games in 2012 and should be ignored.

innovation

Lol ya my decimals are off. Can't put stock into past but definitely a ton of pressure riding on RG3 with the secondary woes his team has. If he wins I tip my hat to him and the effort his club has made as of late.
    Last edited by innovation; 12-30-12 at 03:21 PM.

RUGSCRUBBER
    RUGSCRUBBER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas will win and I will go a step further. Dallas will win the Conference and play the Broncos or Patriots in the SuperBowl. And no I am not a Cowboys fan. I am a Dolphins fan and we stink.

lovesbaseball1
    lovesbaseball1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

well it looks like you really thought this one out, good job.

innovation

I am assuming Seattle will be licking there chops to play the boys inside and then on to Atlanta.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Figured I would ask the brains of the forum your opinion. I already wrote up why I like the Cowgirls tonight but nonetheless. It's being advertised that Romo is 1-5 in win or go home games. 16.666667%. Oddly enough espn is advertising the Cowboys are 2-10 since 2000 in week #17. Also 16.666667%. However nobody is mentioning that since 1961 when these two divisional team started playing each other twice a year (except 1 year) the redskins have only swept the boys 4 times. Good for 8.16326%. Seems to me the odds which locally dropped from -180 to -175 in favor of redskins sweeping. Is a little too good to be true. I have the Skins favored on paper by -4.5 to -6 depending how home field value is configured. I think the home team is being undersold because they really are not the favorite here.
    I love that you carried your figures out to six decimal places to make it look as if there is some sort of math going on here.

innovation

No I was going to round up but wasn't sure how anal I needed to be to post in here. I wasn't going post three six's either. Just wanted some feed back is all from the clever people. The only math going on is how many fingernails I will chew during the game.

Kolotoure
    Kolotoure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

That is all small sample size nonsense and is essentially statistical noise

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by RUGSCRUBBER View Post
    Dallas will win and I will go a step further. Dallas will win the Conference and play the Broncos or Patriots in the SuperBowl. And no I am not a Cowboys fan. I am a Dolphins fan and we stink.
    Dallas has about the same chance of winning the NFC as you have of becoming a certified Mensa member.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Yea Dallas has no shot...They are choke artists...Still confused as to why they're even considered "America's team" Hmm. Shouldn't America's team win a playoff game in 10+ years lol...