wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

so please clarify this rule

ok so watching the houston game and clearly a fumble but they give a incomplete pass to luck. Because they said the arm was going forward. So if that is true and the ball only goes 2 yards how come no intentional grounding since he was not out of pocket and there is no one around him.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

The key word is "intentional". If it slips out of his hand there is no "intent" to throw the ball.

wtt0315

i get that but when you are going down in a sack what is to keep you from accidently throwing it down

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    The key word is "intentional". If it slips out of his hand there is no "intent" to throw the ball.
    this

Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

All around terrible call by the refs. That was a fumble.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Shitty call I agree (I'm on the Colts today so set that aside) but they later said since contact was made - him being sacked- it changes the rule of how far the ball is thrown. That crazy fine print in the rule book I guess.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17680

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Very simple. Its been on the books now for 13 years. It amazes me when people don't get it. It is a forward pass until the hand stops going forward and the ball it brought back. It doesn't matter if its a pump fake, spike, or if the QB is making fun of a gay person. If the arm goes forward, its a passing motion.

Luck's play was yet another perfect example.

As for the intentional grounding, everyone is right. INTENTIONAL is the key word. Without that you know how many calls would come in a heavy rain storm?

To the OP, I hope you are just blinded because you are either a Texans fan of have taken that side of the game. If the answer is no to both of those, you should not be allowed to bet until you know the rules of the game.

wtt0315

Got it teacher..
    one day I will be as smart as you, but I won't hold my breath.
    Still a fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheRed View Post
    NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Very simple. Its been on the books now for 13 years. It amazes me when people don't get it. It is a forward pass until the hand stops going forward and the ball it brought back. It doesn't matter if its a pump fake, spike, or if the QB is making fun of a gay person. If the arm goes forward, its a passing motion.

Luck's play was yet another perfect example.

As for the intentional grounding, everyone is right. INTENTIONAL is the key word. Without that you know how many calls would come in a heavy rain storm?

To the OP, I hope you are just blinded because you are either a Texans fan of have taken that side of the game. If the answer is no to both of those, you should not be allowed to bet until you know the rules of the game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

there is always at least 1 smartass that has to chime in when u just ask a question

wtt0315

yeah espically when they make comments like i should understand the rules before i bet on. Hell i have been hitting 58 percent in my soccer thread and I have never watched a full match in my life or can i name 1 player

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    there is always at least 1 smartass that has to chime in when u just ask a question

wtt0315

And on top of that I am pulling for the texans, since this is the only way the broncos can get the 1 seed, but still a fumble

wtt0315

err cant edit i mean the colts

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    And on top of that I am pulling for the texans, since this is the only way the broncos can get the 1 seed, but still a fumble