bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jake Plummer keeps getting worse

When will Shannahan finally bench him anyways. I mean this guy is just that bad, and it seems like he's only getting even worse.

How long will it be before see see Cuttler do you think ???

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Plummer was pretty bad, but I think he keeps his job for the rest of the season and playoffs. A quick exit for Denver and he could be through.

Also, why does Plummer need to go to the sideline for a drink in the middle of drives? That really is bizarre. He must have done that at least 20 times tonight.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

He had 2 big weeks (at best, I believe - maybe 3) - and Denver is a lock for the playoffs.
    However, I agree... I thought Cutler performed at a level 10x higher than Plummer in the pre-season against 1st string talent and 50x better than Plummer against scrubs.

Cutler is the real deal. Denver is going NOWHERE with the snake... How many crushing/TOUGH loses in the playoffs does Shanahan need to see that his 'system' can't make a QB... Maybe a RB, but not at QB.
    A good QB is a good QB. Plummer flat out STINKS... The Broncos still win a lot of games with him, though... But I agree. If they want to take the next step - they need a QB. Plummer is horrible (but not Matt Leinart horrible - but hell, at least Leinart got a win today).

EDIT- Also, Slew, that's hilarious... But Plummer ALWAYS does that if you watch tape. He is on the sidelines on ANY play that nets 15-20+ yards. He must be dehydrated from all the H or Blow he's doin. He's always been that way, though.... In the NFL, at least.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 11-20-06 at 03:20 AM.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

that ball plummer threw to javon walker where the corner had his back turned could have easily been INT and returned for a TD had the corner been more aware

assuming jake saw and factored in the corner having his back turned then i have to give jake props on the throw but it was right there to be INT if the corner was paying any attention to the QB
    Last edited by goldengoat; 11-20-06 at 05:36 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I say..

Plummer Out
    Cutler In

I dont think Cutler can perform any worse then Plummer. Give the kid a chance, he may surprise you.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I say..

Plummer Out
    Cutler In

I dont think Cutler can perform any worse then Plummer. Give the kid a chance, he may surprise you.
    Onlooker,
    No question they drafted Cutler as the "QB of the future" but I don't think you'll see Cutler as long as the Broncos are in or near the playoff hunt.

Doc JS

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Plummer will not be back here (in denver) next season. I think they stick with him though this year as long as they are in the playoff chase.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

He just didn't look together and now going into arrowhead . . .

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS
    Onlooker,
    No question they drafted Cutler as the "QB of the future" but I don't think you'll see Cutler as long as the Broncos are in or near the playoff hunt.

Doc JS
    I agree with you, but do you think Culter could do any worse then Plummer? Being a rookie and all.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

taking that last sack complete with fumble in that position inexcusable...Cutler starts next year, won't take a snap this season barring injury to plummer.