rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

teasers in the NFL...

I'm curious as to whether certain point spreads in the NFL cover a 6-point teaser more often than others.
    For example, it would seem that a 6.5 pt. favorite would cover more often in a teaser than a 3 pt. fav. Has anyone done any research on this?
    I know that squares love to tease 6-7 pt. favs and they obviously aren't successful at it. Hmm...maybe playing the money lines on these dogs would be profitable?
    Do 1.5 or 4.5 dogs cover more often than other point spreads on a tease? How about totals?

Or are teasers just plain sucker bets, pure and simple?

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

So far the way the NFL has been this year, which is pretty damn crazy, teasing strong Dogs is the only way I'll go for the rest of the season, except for an occasional clear mismatch or something. Been losing my NCAAF $'s to NFL so far. Dog pound teasers all the way....but I'm no expert so someone might have something to say about this.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

"Wise-guy" teasers are any play that crosses the 3 and 7 - e.g. fro -7.5 to -1.5, or +2 to +8.

You'll do better if you pass on road favorites - they don't hit the magic number to justify paying for the teaser.

Last thing - make sure you are playing at "even money": 2 teamers at +100, or 3-teamers at +180. If you play at a site where "tie+loss=loss", look for 3+ teamers - if it reduces, you can still win.