DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

How is that hit on Veron Davis a penalty?

Ok I get the helmet to helmet thing on QB's and the defensive receiver thing also, but come on.

that's old fashioned football. A great solid hit. Shoulder to chest.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I didn't see it live, and can't tell watching it on the phone, but if the helmets never made contact, I agree 100%, it's an awful call that drives me nuts. How is a safety supposed to cover over the top over the middle if the QB throws underneath him and he can't do that to dislodge it?

It's a penalty for hitting too hard... Put flags on 'em for fukks sake.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like anything that moves a receiver like that will be called. Great hit and BS call.

Champ Bailey got called for personal foul on the ever sensitive Brandon Weeden for barely touching him. Refs are gay.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they should reward players for following the rules, not penalize them. otherwise just hit him in the head if it's the same penalty. the point was to not let him get a touchdown and he didn't.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Best hit of the year in my book. Refs are always thinking of the "popping" noise as a hit to the head. Beautiful hit by the way. Classic football hit. If that's a penalty they need to call this the NFFL - National Flag Football League

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

it was a blown call

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

In real time, I thought it looked like a helmet to helmet hit. I can understand why the flag was thrown. I'm sure even the ref would admit, it was a blown call.

No harm done, to the Hawks at least. Still held them to a FG. Niners whole season could be done after that ass kicking.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

it's just hard to believe 3 officials threw a flag. True, no harm done. Seattle blocked the FG for a TD 4 plays later if memory serves. Fuk, I would hate to play Seattle right now. 150 points in last 3 games!

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

too many penalties in football today. What ever happened to walking it off ?

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Dam no one is going to want to play safety with these dumb rules and fines. That was a beautiful hit. Poor Seattle though gonna have to play my Cowboys without Sherman hopefully and a Rusty Browner.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Untied View Post
    In real time, I thought it looked like a helmet to helmet hit. I can understand why the flag was thrown. I'm sure even the ref would admit, it was a blown call.

No harm done, to the Hawks at least. Still held them to a FG. Niners whole season could be done after that ass kicking.
    I agree with this, in real time with the head jerking back it looked like helmet to helmet.

However, the penalty was spoken as "hitting a defenseless receiver"

Does this mean CB's are supposed to let receivers catch the ball if they jump in the air?

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I agree with this, in real time with the head jerking back it looked like helmet to helmet.

However, the penalty was spoken as "hitting a defenseless receiver"

Does this mean CB's are supposed to let receivers catch the ball if they jump in the air?
    There were a couple of questionable PFs in that game and the ref never said what specifically for. That's what drives me nuts: They can literally call personal foul and not say why it's a personal foul.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Hate that defenseless receiver rule. Every receiver trying to catch a ball is defenseless if you think about it.