Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    RG3 has Mike Shanahan, that's why I'm confident RG3 will get to the Superbowl before both Luck and Wilson. Shanahan knows how to utilize his QB's talent to the fullest. He made Brain Griese, Jake Plummer, and Jay Cutler all pro bowlers under his tenure in Denver. The Redskin passing game will be even better next year once Fred Davis comes back or Shanahan drafts a good tight end.
    RG3 will never get to the Superbowl, I'll guarantee that. Teams will adapt to his style of play just like they did with Cam Newton and he won't be doing this next year. Mike Shanahan hasn't been to the playoffs since 2005 and I don't see them getting their this year either. The Cowboys will beat them Sunday and knock out the Redskins.

Wilson has the best shot at making it to the Superbowl first because of his team. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it this year.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Haha nobody cares to bring up who Andrew Luck has beaten. Jake locker twice, Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, Blaine Gabbert, garbage ass Lions, Ryan Fitzpatrick. The list goes on. Only legit team he has beaten is the Pack and Vikings. And he didn't beat the Pack, Mason Crosby's two shanks beat the pack.

On the other hand, RW and RG3 have actually played a real schedule.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    RG3 will never get to the Superbowl, I'll guarantee that. Teams will adapt to his style of play just like they did with Cam Newton and he won't be doing this next year. Mike Shanahan hasn't been to the playoffs since 2005 and I don't see them getting their this year either. The Cowboys will beat them Sunday and knock out the Redskins.

Wilson has the best shot at making it to the Superbowl first because of his team. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it this year.
    Have you noticed what Cam's doing lately? Teams aren't adjusting very well to him as he's been the BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE over like his last four or five games. You can't make sweeping statements like that... players evolve... they go through peaks and valleys. We have to wait and see on all these guys. There are only a few things we KNOW FOR SURE around the league... such as... Brady is f'n sick... Peyton is amazing... Sanchez blows... these are all truisms, they are inarguable.

Speedy88

When the Colts drafted Andrew Luck, they gave him the entire playbook from Day 1 and said learn this, go out there and win games. No babysitting here. He's throwing on average around 40 times a game, having to out duel his opponent to win games because his defense is awful. Not to mention, Luck is doing this with an interim head coach. He broke the record for most passing yards in a game by a rookie, broke the record for most passing yards in a season by a rookie also. This guy is an NFL quarterback. With 7 come from behind wins this year. You guys say he has a low QBR and a lot of interceptions, he has those because he has to do everything for his team. When throwing the ball 40-50 times a game of course your going to throw interceptions. RG3 throws the ball maybe 25 times a game, obviously Andrew Luck's chances of throwing interceptions rises by the amount of times your put the ball in the air. If Andrew Luck ran read options all day long his interception number would obviously be lower, use your head people, it's logic. Now, for RG3, the Redskins gave him 1 page of the playbook. The read option. Your going to read linebackers and the defensive end. Not hard to do. If the linebackers bite, pull the ball back and throw the post route. If they stay, hand the ball off. If it's a QB option, he reads the defensive end. It's not a complicated system. The Redskins are smart for doing this but, it's not a hard system to run, it's a college offensive. I think you guys would agree with me when your running a QB option it's very unlikely to throw an interception right? Right. RG3 is fun to watch but, there's more to the picture that you aren't seeing. In the long run the NFL has shown option quarterbacks don't last in this league and the quarterbacks that are successful and have a future are the ones who stay in the pocket, read coverages, make the throws into small windows, and execute. Cam Newton had fun last year doing what RG3 is doing this year. Look at Cam now, teams figure it out and when they do, they run out of options to run. Andrew Luck is a better quarterback easily than RG3.
    Ok so you made a great argument for Luck over RG3. Now let me hear your argument for Luck over Wilson. Because if you watch the Seahawks, you should know that they just started running the read option the last 3 or 4 games. And unlike the Skins who run it nearly every play, the Seahawks only run the read option a handful of times a game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Don't be so sure. If I am reading between the lines correctly what you are saying is white QB's are historically the better QB's in this league. Just like no one could argue Black players are not the better rb's. Have to agree. Luck is more the type of QB that succeeds long term in this league than RG3. But RG3 has had a great year throwing about 20 td's and around 5 picks. If he can stay healthy and do it long term is another matter.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Luck is the only true American in this mix............

he has the worst defense of the 3 by a coons age.................
    Still stand by7 this my fukkin yanks...................

Speedy88

Ok here are the stats for RW and Luck vs the same 8 opponents (both of them have played Buffalo, Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, NYJ, Miami, New England, and Detroit).

Stats for 8 common opponents:
    Wilson QBR = 84.8
    Luck QBR = 68.1

Wilson Passer Rating = 114.4
    Luck Passer Rating = 74.6

Wilson 17 TD's and 1 INT
    Luck 14 TD's 13 INT's

Wilson Comp % = 64.3%
    Luck Comp % = 54.1%

Wilson Yards per Attempt = 8.2
    Luck Yards per Attempt = 7.1

Come on guys.....stop riding Luck's jock. Outside of passing yards and the argument that Luck has "to do more," show me a fact or stat that shows Luck being better than RW.

Oh yeah, Luck broke the rookie passing record for yards. Well who cares, that is a meaningless stat. Matthew Stafford currently leads the league in passing yards, and he has been awful all year. RW just needs one TD to tie Peyton Manning's rookie record for passing TD's. If RW throws 2 TD's next week, he should win hands down.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Ok here are the stats for RW and Luck vs the same 8 opponents (both of them have played Buffalo, Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, NYJ, Miami, New England, and Detroit).

Wilson QBR = 84.8
    Luck QBR = 68.1

Wilson 17 TD's and 1 INT
    Luck 14 TD's 13 INT's

Wilson Comp % = 64.3%
    Luck Comp % = 54.1%

Come on guys.....stop riding Luck's jock. Outside of passing yards and the argument that Luck has "to do more," show me a fact or stat that shows Luck being better than RW.

Oh yeah, Luck broke the rookie passing record for yards. Well who cares, that is a meaningless stat. Matthew Stafford currently leads the league in passing yards, and he has been awful all year. RW just needs one TD to tie Peyton Manning's rookie record for passing TD's. If RW throws 2 TD's next week, he should win hands down.
    Luck is a lock For ROTY............

Do ya wanna bet?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Andrew Luck took a 2-14 team to the playoffs by himself. Wilson has the Seattle defense which helps him out a whole lot and RG3 has players around him that make him better. Alfred Morris rushed for over 1,000 yards I believe this year. Both of them have great players around them. Wilson has Lynch who is 2nd in rushing yards on the year, it's a lot easier for them to succeed when you have these key players around you.

Put your money on Luck if you want to win this.
    Colts defense just gave up 350 yards rushing to the Cheifs, how dare you say Luck has to play with the worst defense the D only produces turnovers vs teams like the Jags and Chiefs too...hahaha, and yet... still.... 10 wins. 9-1 in 1 score games... a bunch of comebacks and late game clutch drives & if Luck has made mistakes he doesn't make that one fatal mistake late in a close game that seals the win for the other team aka he is CLUTCH!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Wilson QBR = 84.8
    Luck QBR = 68.1

Wilson 17 TD's and 1 INT
    Luck 14 TD's 13 INT's

Wilson Comp % = 64.3%
    Luck Comp % = 54.1%

everything on here is meaningless diatribe son... stats! stats.... you are talking to some Colts fans, we KNOW how meaningless the better looking stats are in the end

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Colts defense just gave up 350 yards rushing to the Cheifs, how dare you say Luck has to play with the worst defense the D only produces turnovers vs teams like the Jags and Chiefs too...hahaha, and yet... still.... 10 wins. 9-1 in 1 score games... a bunch of comebacks and late game clutch drives & if Luck has made mistakes he doesn't make that one fatal mistake late in a close game that seals the win for the other team aka he is CLUTCH!
    Bunch of comebacks against the Titans, Dolphins, Jaguars, Browns, Chiefs, and Bills.

TopMoron, stats mean stuff. They are facts. You only have one argument. "Oh he plays on the worst team and he is asked to do so much" RW does play on a much better team, but it is not like he has pro bowl WR's and TE's. Outside of Lynch, Luck has much better options to throw to than RW.

Here is a stat for you, Russell Wilson has the NFL's best passer rating since week 8.

And like I said. RW throws 4 TD's in the rain against the NFL's best defense, while Luck barely beats the Chiefs with 1 TD, and people still claim that Luck is the ROY.

I can't wait for your next response....Let me guess...it will go something like this, "Luck plays on a worst team, he has to do more, etc."
    Last edited by Speedy88; 12-24-12 at 06:51 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Bunch of comebacks against the Titans, Dolphins, Jaguars, Browns, Chiefs, and Bills.

TopMoron, stats mean stuff. They are facts. You only have one argument. "Oh he plays on the worst team and he is asked to do so much"

Here is a stat for you, Russell Wilson has the NFL's best passer rating since week 8.
    Yeah and remember the season Freeman had in 2010, 25 TD's to 6 picks... 95.9 rating. How has he done since then?

Russell Wilson's stats probably look better than Aaron Rodgers stats from his first FULL SEASON starting for the Packers.

means nothing, you will see who the better QB is over the long run. Seattle's D shuts down everyone and he has a nasty running game to back him up.

Wilson is not running for his life behind a terrible o-line every other play. You haven't watched every snap of every game this season for Indy.

Luck's offense = Wayne, a journeyman WR @ #2 in Avery, 2 rookie WR for 3 & 4... 2 rookie TE (1 has been hurt a lot).... Donald Brown haha who is now on IR, a starting rookie RB now for weeks and backed up by D.Carter who is just a fumble prone disappointment in 2 seasons so far.

and yet, look at what he still gets done with the offense

i forgot that comebacks don't count unless you make them vs a team that is having a great season... never-mind the fact that some of those teams you put up have a better defense than half of the teams in the playoffs this year in the NFL

let's go back in time and take away every comeback that Peyton and Brady have made in their career based on this logic

you aren't going to convince me here or anyone else pal! we know who the best rookie QB is... ill take the QB who is going to improve year after year and not regress all of a sudden in a year or 2 when other phases of the team around him get worse and he is asked to do much more.... (for example: Sanchez... guy who has 4 playoff wins in 2 years, look at him now)
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 12-24-12 at 07:03 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Luck is better for the long term. He is the prototype qb that succeeds long run in the nfl.
    Points Awarded:

ThaTopMoron gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Speedy88

Yeah and remember the season Freeman had in 2010, 25 TD's to 6 picks... 95.9 rating. How has he done since then?

Russell Wilson's stats probably look better than Aaron Rodgers stats from his first FULL SEASON starting for the Packers.

means nothing, you will see who the better QB is over the long run. Seattle's D shuts down everyone and he has a nasty running game to back him up.

Wilson is not running for his life behind a terrible o-line every other play. You haven't watched every snap of every game this season for Indy.

Luck's offense = Wayne, a journeyman WR @ #2 in Avery, 2 rookie WR for 3 & 4... 2 rookie TE (1 has been hurt a lot).... Donald Brown haha who is now on IR, a starting rookie RB now for weeks and backed up by D.Carter who is just a fumble prone disappointment in 2 seasons so far.

and yet, look at what he still gets done with the offense

i forgot that comebacks don't count unless you make them vs a team that is having a great season... never-mind the fact that some of those teams you put up have a better defense than half of the teams in the playoffs this year in the NFL

let's go back in time and take away every comeback that Peyton and Brady have made in their career based on this logic

you aren't going to convince me here or anyone else pal! we know who the best rookie QB is... ill take the QB who is going to improve year after year and not regress all of a sudden in a year or 2
    I understand your arguments. I think it is clear where you stand and where I stand. I enjoy the debate. It really is a great one. And as of now, I think it is pretty split between RG3, Luck, and RW. Just watched NFL Live and both Tim Hasselback and Meril Hodge said they'd go with RW as the ROY after last night's performance. Obviously their opinion means nothing, but it shows that RW is very much in the discussion for ROY now.

And Moron, I completely agree with you that Luck will have the better career and is the better QB for the future. But just looking at this season, I prefer RW to him. Obviously we both have our biases.
    Points Awarded:

ThaTopMoron gave Speedy88 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

So wait Luck takes a 1 win team to 10 wins and the playoffs while filling the shoes of a legend and he isn't the roy? Sea was expected to contend. Griffin has Shanahan to groom him.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I understand your arguments. I think it is clear where you stand and where I stand. I enjoy the debate. It really is a great one. And as of now, I think it is pretty split between RG3, Luck, and RW. Just watched NFL Live and both Tim Hasselback and Meril Hodge said they'd go with RW as the ROY after last night's performance. Obviously their opinion means nothing, but it shows that RW is very much in the discussion for ROY now.

And Moron, I completely agree with you that Luck will have the better career and is the better QB for the future. But just looking at this season, I prefer RW to him. Obviously we both have our biases.
    RW can win the award. I don't care if Luck wins the award or not. I am just pumped to watch at least 1 playoff game that was crazy to think of coming into the season with how much change happened in 1 off-season for the franchise.

I understand what you're saying too I just love to get my opinions in too its fun.

its fun like in a Brady vs Manning debate kind of way (before it was really really old anyways )

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So wait Luck takes a 1 win team to 10 wins and the playoffs while filling the shoes of a legend and he isn't the roy? Sea was expected to contend. Griffin has Shanahan to groom him.
    Agreed somewhat. But that team was a 1 win team because that team had absolutely no QB last year. If they had your average NFL QB (Fitzpatrick, Bradford, etc.) they would have won at least 3-4 games last year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

very valid points too in favor of Luck

Speedy88

RW can win the award. I don't care if Luck wins the award or not. I am just pumped to watch at least 1 playoff game that was crazy to think of coming into the season with how much change happened in 1 off-season for the franchise.

I understand what you're saying too I just love to get my opinions in too its fun.

its fun like in a Brady vs Manning debate kind of way (before it was really really old anyways )
    Exactly bro, it is a great debate. And I know how excited Colts fans are about Luck, because we are as excited about RW over here in Seattle. Great time to be a Skins, Hawks or Colts fan. Future is bright.

Just one tidbit about RW. I think he had the most pressure of the three rookies. For one, he had to earn the starting job. Going into the preseason, he was expected to be the third string QB behind Flynn and TJack. He had to earn it, whereas Luck and RG3 were given the job on a silver platter. And the pressure was on RW to win, and if he didn't, he probably would have been benched for Flynn. Regardless of how bad RG3 or Luck played, they wouldn't lose their job.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Exactly bro, it is a great debate. And I know how excited Colts fans are about Luck, because we are as excited about RW over here in Seattle. Great time to be a Skins, Hawks or Colts fan. Future is bright.

Just one tidbit about RW. I think he had the most pressure of the three rookies. For one, he had to earn the starting job. Going into the preseason, he was expected to be the third string QB behind Flynn and TJack. He had to earn it, whereas Luck and RG3 were given the job on a silver platter. And the pressure was on RW to win, and if he didn't, he probably would have been benched for Flynn. Regardless of how bad RG3 or Luck played, they wouldn't lose their job.
    Luck hasn't done anything to show he isn't the man, and he went to work day 1 and he is the type of QB who knows the work you have to put in between each game to be successful, the extra studying, the extra practice.

It did surprise me too though, that they singed Flynn and then he didn't end up starting... RW earned it and Seattle made the right choice, but its good too that they have a good backup just in case

That is probably the best thing about Luck, RW & RG3... they KNOW they can't just walk on the field and win due to talents, they all know the hard work it is going to take to be successful year in and year out. that is the difference from say, a Cam Newton.

Speedy88

Luck hasn't done anything to show he isn't the man, and he went to work day 1 and he is the type of QB who knows the work you have to put in between each game to be successful, the extra studying, the extra practice.

It did surprise me too though, that they singed Flynn and then he didn't end up starting... RW earned it and Seattle made the right choice, but its good too that they have a good backup just in case

That is probably the best thing about Luck, RW & RG3... they KNOW they can't just walk on the field and win due to talents, they all know the hard work it is going to take to be successful year in and year out. that is the difference from say, a Cam Newton.
    All three of them are mature beyond their ages. Everytime I here Russell get interviewed, it sounds like he is a 10 year veteran.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Luck is the only true American in this mix............

he has the worst defense of the 3 by a coons age.................
    Wrong the Redskins have the worst defense check the numbers, some is due to injury but Orakpo, Carriker, and Merriweather haven't played all year basically.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Luck is better for the long term. He is the prototype qb that succeeds long run in the nfl.
    sports always evolves, they used to say basketball was a jewish mans game, no relief specialists etc.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Andrew Luck has the longest shelf life of the 3 by far.

Big prototypical qb with a big arm. Let's see if he wins more than Manning did. For all of Peyton's success, he has 1 super bowl and 2 appearances to show for it. I think the Colts are in good hands to have possibly more success than the last 12 years and they had arguably the best team over that time. Best regular season team year after year but almost always choked.

tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

luck throwing for 4,000 yards is irrelevant. that post about common opponents tells any non biased fan that wilson is the best of the 3.

PAULYPOKER

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

RG3 Has Ended This Debate.

Executing one of the most efficient offenses in the entire NFL.

Luck is doing terrible an is barely above 500 in terms of TD/INT

Give me RG3.

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

So when RG3 and Luck get buried in the first round of the playoffs can we finally all agree that Wilson will be ROY? Or is ignorance too great here to accept such fact?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

RG3 has all the best intangibles of a QB out of all the rookies.

Speedy88

Lets be honest though...Alfred Morris has been the best rookie on the Redskins since week 13 or 14. I just don't see how you can give it to RG3. He probably would have won ROY if not for the injury.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Give it to Morris or Griffin. They both did more with so much less than the rest

First 12