eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Denver has impressed me thus far. Especially on the Defensive side of the ball. The next 4 weeks will be a tremendous measuring stick for the 2009 squad with NE, @SD, @Balt, and Pitt on the schedule. Their best chance for a win in the next stretch is against Pitt at home.

They may lose their next 4 but they can still go 9-7 if they defeat SD at home. I see the Broncos in the 9-10 win range. If I had to bet I would say 9 wins.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Hell no. The Jets beat New England, Tennessee, and Houston, three of the better teams in the AFC.
    Tennessee and Houston are not quality wins. The Jets and these two are mediocre teams who all will wind up 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 and MAYBE one of which will lose the their first playoff game.

Beating New England is a signature win for anyone.
    A quality win, yes. A signature win?...please, not even close. This is not 2007. Different New England team.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

LOL where is Frostno to explain his thinking?

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

He's in vegas looking for Casper to see how he can make his way out of this hole...... Denver is a solid team that will go out the first round of the play offs but wtf..... to think they couldn't win 6 is well.......

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    The bet should not have been made without knowing a little about Orton... He had some very good games with the Bears playing in front of crazy fans and with Moreno and Marshall not sure this bet made any sense at all...not even mentioning the defense...
    This bet made a lot of sense 4 weeks ago, why? In Orton first 3 preseason games noodle arm looked absolutely pathetic and he still does now. I also factored in Brandon Marshall either getting traded, or not giving his full effort because of his early grudge with coach McNutt. Without Marshall, the passing game is dead. Now the biggest surprise is obviously the defense, since they really didn't do anything special via free agency to their front seven, you'll expect the same result from last year.

Let's be clear about Orton, Denver is not 4-0 because of him. Any other QB in this league even probably Jamarcus Russell would had been able to pull this off. About 80% of Orton's passing yardage are YAC. Many of it are 1 to 5 yards dinks to the backs or Recievers who does most of the work, but on the stat sheet it will say he completed a long pass. So please stop bringing up his stat, because it very decieving when your dinking it all day. This guy has 4 pretty good Recievers, and a tightend in Scheffler, yet he has no freaking clue in getting them the ball.

Orton is a freeloader like he was in Chicago, where he benefited mainly from a dominating D giving him the short field and special teams play. In Denver, the Defense and the running backs is carrying all the load, not him. He almost costed Denver the Cincy game, and made two lucky TD's that should of been intercepted twice in the Dallas game. He's luck will run out during the next 4 games, and hopefully they bench his sorry@ss. I do not want to see the guy get resign.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

You made a bet based on preseason? Everyone who bets NFL knows preseason don't mean crap...... Hell new england would be stupid bowl champs if preseason counted.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

BRONCOS PLEASE MAKE FROSTNO YOUR NEW STARTING QB RIGHT AWAY YOU ARE 4-0 AND IN DIRE NEED OF HIM

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Tennessee and Houston are not quality wins. The Jets and these two are mediocre teams who all will wind up 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 and MAYBE one of which will lose the their first playoff game.
    So they beat two teams on their own level and that doesn't count for anything?

BTW, I'd bet the Jets will finish with at least 9 wins, probably more.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

I wouldn't doubt that. That defense can keep them in games.

Just like the Broncos.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

So they beat two teams on their own level and that doesn't count for anything?
    Yes....they're all mediocre teams.

You're right, they'll play to their level of .500 ball and get 9 wins...a non-factor.

yisman

JaMarcus Russell would not have been able to do this, and I think it's about time you start giving McDaniels some respect.

Orton isn't that good, but he's not awful like some QBs.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Yes....they're all mediocre teams.
    That makes no sense.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Wow. 5-0. All I can say is wow.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Frosty this isn't looking good.

frostno98

Fortunately, the Bronx recovered some of it back the last couple of games by taking them. I guess blowing 1k might be worth it, if it mean seeing your team in the playoffs for the first time since 2005. Hopefully it isn't all for not and they just go 9-7.

rezkoness69
    rezkoness69's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd gladly pay $1000 every year for the rest of the life if someone told me my bears would make the postseason every year. I'd be willing to pay more than that. It's like a hedge bet of sorts haha.

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

The donks have shocked me bigtime. I thought KC would be the only other decent team in the AFC West but now denver sits there at 5-0. Make no mistake, San Diego will win this division easily. The MNF game next week will not be close. I do give props to Denver though. Their defense has been amazing and thats what happens when you have Brian Dawkins. I would not get caught up in the hype though. Kyle Orton is terrible. Denver is terrible. This team could end up 6-10 or 7-9.

What I do know is the Chargers will absolutely destroy them a week from today.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    Make no mistake, San Diego will win this division easily.
    No.

The MNF game next week will not be close.
    No.

Kyle Orton is terrible.
    No.

Denver is terrible. This team could end up 6-10 or 7-9.
    No, no, and no.

Clearly, you have not learned a thing from the first five weeks.

Denver will finish 8-8, minimum.

frostno98

The donks have shocked me bigtime. I thought KC would be the only other decent team in the AFC West but now denver sits there at 5-0. Make no mistake, San Diego will win this division easily. The MNF game next week will not be close. I do give props to Denver though. Their defense has been amazing and thats what happens when you have Brian Dawkins. I would not get caught up in the hype though. Kyle Orton is terrible. Denver is terrible. This team could end up 6-10 or 7-9.

Kyle Orton is not a chump anymore. He lead this team on a 90 yard and 98 yard TD drive, when the were downed 10 to tie the game. A terrible QB would not be able to do that twice let only once. The Broncos defense are the real deal, just ask Brady. They stopped him 9 straight times without a first down, in a drive that should of been punted twice but kept alive by special team penalties. The Chargers defense though are terrible, but Phillips River might good enough to give them a split this season with Denver.

ATB515
    ATB515's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego will beat Denver next week with ease. Denver looks like a playoff team though. San Diego is coming off of a bye, and Denver hasn't faced an offense with this much firepower yet. San Diego 38 Denver 24. It could get ugly though. San Diego shows up for primetime home games. If San Diego doesn't win next week, I will never post here again.

ATB515

San Diego @ Home on Sunday night or Monday night under Norv Turner is 7-1. How about that stat. The lone loss was to Indy by a point.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Nice thread.

Redskinskilla2010
    Redskinskilla2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are we going back in time?? theyre 5-0! They will go 10-6 easy!

madmaxx

ATB I love your enthusiasm...frostno weren't you the one saying Denver would be "PUMPED" and "READY" after you lost to buffalo (AT HOME). Think that game turned out just as this one will.

Denver is HORRID.

madmaxx

frostno we went over this last year.....we went to the playoffs, you guys went home......

ATB515

hey, I gotta keep the faith. I'm actually a season ticket holder for the bolts. Big time San Diego sports guy.

ATB I love your enthusiasm...frostno weren't you the one saying Denver would be "PUMPED" and "READY" after you lost to buffalo (AT HOME). Think that game turned out just as this one will.

Denver is HORRID.

madmaxx

Loge 21 Row 4, season tickets since I was 5 years old.....see you at the tailgate PM me your #

jkrap27
    jkrap27's Avatar Become A Pro!

and the idiot of the year award (lets call its the first annual glenn beck award) goes to...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What do you like for NBA win totals?

TKainZero
    TKainZero's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos one of the best teams in the NFL

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Broncos are about the 15th best team in NFL

crisp
    crisp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

broncos don't need cutler.

madmaxx

the broncos are terrible

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Broncos are about the 15th best team in NFL
    Yep.

Pats gave that game away yesterday. Brady in particular. He missed way too many passes. Something is wrong with Brady, I think it's in his head, something's wrong with him. Maybe he was never really that great, I dunno. Maybe defenses have figured Brady out or something.

I'll give Broncos some credit. They do what it takes to win. Wins & Losses is all that matters in the NFL, not how miraculous and unlikely that it was. But the Broncos are not an elite NFL team by any stretch of the imagination. It's early, they may get better, but they beat the Pats in spite of themselves. I take away from that game more of a wondering about WTF is wrong with the Pats rather than anything being right about the Broncos.

First 123456 Last