Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Frosty this isn't looking good.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    I'm not homer.

But the Broncos just might have the best D in the NFL...........I would place your 1k the other way.
    Nope. Jets have been better. They've already shut down New Orleans, New England, and Houston, three of the best offenses in the league.

They lost to New Orleans because Sanchez kept turning it over, but they shut down Brees and co. again and again.

No defense has played better.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

The Jets and Broncos have both shown solid defenses, but you can't argue the fact that through 4 games the Jets have given up more than twice as many points as the Broncos. And Denver has held Cincinnati and Dallas in check, which both have pretty good offenses. They will face New England next, so we will soon see what they are truly made of.

The Jets have stopped 4 pretty good offenses from exploding (including the Pats), so they are no slouches, for sure.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing better than beating those shit bag Cowboys. Go Denver.

ATB515
    ATB515's Avatar Become A Pro!

keep the faith. New England, San Diego twice, Baltimore, Philly, NY Giants, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, and Washington still for Denver. Those could all be losses. They also have KC twice and Oakland 1 more time.

TKainZero
    TKainZero's Avatar Become A Pro!

bad bet...

broncos one of the best teams in the NFL

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelicious View Post
    The Jets and Broncos have both shown solid defenses, but you can't argue the fact that through 4 games the Jets have given up more than twice as many points as the Broncos.
    Nonsense. It's not the defense's fault that Sanchez gave the New Orleans D two TDs.

It's very misleading to go by points allowed when a good chunk of those points were no fault of the defense's.

The Jets shut down New Orleans, the same team that had been unstoppable in the first three weeks of the season. Look what they did to Philly! That's the #1 offense in football through the first three weeks.

Denver's defense has played well, but Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Oakland?

They face New England, which will be the best offense they've faced thus far.

New England was arguably the third best offense the Jets have faced.

ATB515
    ATB515's Avatar Become A Pro!

They beat Cincy on a fluke play, one of the worst teams in the league in cleveland at home, oakland, and they barely beat an average dallas team at home. Come talk to me after week 8 when they're 4-3. Next week against New England is a loss, @ San Diego is a loss, and @ Baltimore is a loss. Denver is getting seriously overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by TKainZero View Post
    bad bet...

broncos one of the best teams in the NFL

Nickelicious

Quote Originally Posted by ATB515 View Post

They beat Cincy on a fluke play, one of the worst teams in the league in cleveland at home, oakland, and they barely beat an average dallas team at home. Come talk to me after week 8 when they're 4-3. Next week against New England is a loss, @ San Diego is a loss, and @ Baltimore is a loss. Denver is getting seriously overhyped.
    Hey man, don't get me wrong, I hope you are right! I have the Bears winning two more games than the Broncos in a futures bet, so I have no love for the Broncos! But this particular thread seems like a great place to keep talking about the (so far) amazing Broncos.

Sorry to rub your nose in it, frostno98. I am actually rooting for you to win your bet!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I still think they go 6-10, LOL. I didn't expect them to beat the bungal, but they did thanks to that fluke play. And the Cowboys kinda killed themselves more the Broncos D being dominate. Romo receivers opened all day, but kept missing. Flacco, Big Ben, Manning, Rivers, Brady will exposed their secondary.
    Last edited by frostno98; 10-05-09 at 01:41 AM.

Nickelicious

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I still think they go 6-10, LOL.
    Hope you are right, even though I predicted you might not be. Might not be. I always said I thought you had a winning bet, but I just would not have risked a grand on it.

Good luck, man. This thread will be popping up until we know how it all comes out.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    If that's the case, then you shouldn't have any problem putting a future on Denver winning more than 7 then.

Last year Defense couldn't stop anyone, but atleast the offense can score. This year defense will continue to not stop anyone because they got no pass rush, and now the Offense won't be able to score if their lives depended on it.

1Sun, Sep 13th, 2009 at CincinnatiLose
    2Sun, Sep 20th, 2009ClevelandWin
    3Sun, Sep 27th, 2009 at OaklandLose
    4Sun, Oct 4th, 2009DallasWin
    5Sun, Oct 11th, 2009New_EnglandLose
    6Mon, Oct 19th, 2009 at San_Diegolose
    7Bye
    8Sun, Nov 1st, 2009 at Baltimorelose
    9Mon, Nov 9th, 2009Pittsburghlose
    10Sun, Nov 15th, 2009 at Washingtonlose
    11Sun, Nov 22nd, 2009San_Diegolose
    12Thu, Nov 26th, 2009NY_GiantsWin
    13Sun, Dec 6th, 2009 at Kansas_Citylose
    14Sun, Dec 13th, 2009 at Indianapolislose
    15Sun, Dec 20th, 2009OaklandWin
    16Sun, Dec 27th, 2009 at Philadelphialose
    17Sun, Jan 3rd, 2010Kansas_CityWin
    Bronco's 4 and 0...... I might be wanting out of this bet.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

you'd be hard pressed to find a tougher 4 game stretch in the NFL, then what denver is looking at their next 4 games

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Kyle Orton is the man!!!

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by geebert74 View Post
    Kyle Orton is the man!!!
    He is a winner there is no denying it. He's got a sick record. He's still not a very good quarterback though, and frankly I'm glad the Bears have Cutler over Orton any day of the week. Once the Broncos play a team that scores (which they will) they are gonna be in trouble.

yisman

I think you're now looking at 7-9 wins for Denver.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

So far for you frostno they are only 1 game ahead of your prediction. I still think they win 7 games for sure.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

4-0...and this is your home team...

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So far for you frostno they are only 1 game ahead of your prediction. I still think they win 7 games for sure.
    two games.

1Sun, Sep 13th, 2009 at CincinnatiLose
    2Sun, Sep 20th, 2009ClevelandWin
    3Sun, Sep 27th, 2009 at OaklandLose
    4Sun, Oct 4th, 2009DallasWin

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    two games.
    sorry early morning hangover

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Only 3 games they will be favored in but they are not going to lose every game they are dogs.

G's pks
    Update your status

Here are a few problems to think about with this bet...besides the fact they are already 4-0!

Orton 20-29 243 yds, 2 tds yesterday! Much better qb than you thought... If the bears beat the texans the last game of the season he would have led them to the playoffs last year...

denver "D" has allowed only 26 points first four games...

G's pks
    Update your status

pretty hard to imagine you win this bet... pray for a push! But I do not see it... Denver "D" is too good!

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    pretty hard to imagine you win this bet... pray for a push! But I do not see it... Denver "D" is too good!
    G's Frostno just doesnt get it. I told this guy that he will get burned cause he just doesnt get the fact that Orton wins games.He keeps complaining about the guy. His money is gone. He might as well look for other bets.

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    G's Frostno just doesnt get it. I told this guy that he will get burned cause he just doesnt get the fact that Orton wins games.He keeps complaining about the guy. His money is gone. He might as well look for other bets.

The bet should not have been made without knowing a little about Orton... He had some very good games with the Bears playing in front of crazy fans and with Moreno and Marshall not sure this bet made any sense at all...not even mentioning the defense...

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Another reason why the pre-season means NOTHING...

SilversunPickups
    Figuring this site out.
    SilversunPickups's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver is over-rated and will go through a long losing streak. Dallas is questionable this year, Oakland is horrible, Cincy is questionable and Cleveland is bad. This is probably one of the easiest schedules so far in the NFL.

lakerboy

you can only play what is in front of you

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Jets and Broncos are basically the same team.

Good defense, good running game, below average qb/passing game.

Good start for average teams that are improving (after all, they both sh1t-canned the two biggest whiner primadonna QBs in the game...that's an improvement in itself) but they will both fade in the end...can't play with the big boys when it counts.

Week 3 and 4 wins are not "signature wins". Woo Hoo they beat the Pats and Cowboys. Hope they pat themselves on the back so they will have a good memory at the and of the season.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post

Good start for average teams that are improving (after all, they both sh1t-canned the two biggest whiner primadonna QBs in the game...that's an improvement in itself) but they will both fade in the end...can't play with the big boys when it counts.

Week 3 and 4 wins are not "signature wins". Woo Hoo they beat the Pats and Cowboys. Hope they pat themselves on the back so they will have a good memory at the and of the season.
    Those are decent teams. Pretty impressive for two teams which were pre-season stinkers. What is a signature win to you then?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Denver fooled most of us

Fuk me

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeLiner View Post
    Those are decent teams. Pretty impressive for two teams which were pre-season stinkers. What is a signature win to you then?
    1. You're right, those were wins against decent teams, neither of which made the playoffs last year. In fact, all four of these teams were one game from the playoffs last year so what makes any of the four of them so different?

2. What does pre-season ever have to do with anything?

3. 2 of the 4 Broncos wins were 'gimmes' with Oakland and Cleveland, one was pure luck (Cincy - the Immaculate Deflection) and one was an admitted decent win. Let's see how they do with with games against the Patriots, Chargers, Ravens and Steelers up next. If they go 2-2 it will be impressive but I doubt it. They have proven nothing.

4. The Jets have one quality win against a Pats team that is a shadow of their former teams. The only other quality team they played throttled them yesterday and showed Sanchez to be, well, what he is, an inexperienced rookie. They have proven nothing.

5. A signature win is one against a proven, quality opponent when you HAVE TO win it.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 10-05-09 at 03:51 PM.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post

Hell no. The Jets beat New England, Tennessee, and Houston, three of the better teams in the AFC.

Denver was outplayed by Cincinnati, beat two of the worst five teams in the NFL (Oakland and Cleveland), and survived Dallas at home, which I guess would be their signature win.

Beating New England is a signature win for anyone.

Aside from their games against the Jets, the Jets' opponents are 3-0, 2-1, 0-3, and 3-0. 8-4 record.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Broncos Rule , tough loss on your 1k pal

First 12345 ... Last