GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP
    GoldGlove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

SNF: Falcons @ Lions

Lions +3.5

No way, huh? I don't even know why I'm playing Detroit here. But, they're 4-10, no chance for a playoff spot, Atlanta is coming after whopping the Giants' asses and shutting down Eli, and they're laying 3.5? I have no idea how Detroit will allow less than 30 points in this one, but my gut says to take them.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Better games to bet on

RG3
    RG3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    Better games to bet on
    agreed, i would take unders on all prop bets for falcon players though, expecting them to rest starters before 4th. they literally have nothing to fight for in this game.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by RG3 View Post
    agreed, i would take unders on all prop bets for falcon players though, expecting them to rest starters before 4th. they literally have nothing to fight for in this game.
    not true at all, theyre playing for a 1st round bye and home field advantage in the playoffs

Hombrebueno
    Hombrebueno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by RG3 View Post
    Do you actually watch football?

1brokegirl
    never had a bad day in my life
    1brokegirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goldglove look at the spread again real hard dosent smell like dead fish on shit wagon?

I did it last week with Pats -4 vs 49ers they won 42-14 as -5 1/2 pt fav. vs the best team in NFL the texans then home again vs the 49ers with a rookie QB only a 4 point favorite????
    hey i'm new but not stooopid i can see a sucker bet coming and anybody taking falcons in a letdown spot really hates money

i mean falcons hammered the champs 34-0 avenging that playoff loss from last year but the phonies lost a more important game a div game @ Panthers they played vanilla @ panthers to win @ Home vs the champs now on other side of ball the lions got spanked @ cardinals i maen slaughtered 38-10 so the falcons are only 4 point favorite?

1brokegirl
    never had a bad day in my life
    1brokegirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    not true at all, theyre playing for a 1st round bye and home field advantage in the playoffs
    i tink they already have that all wrapped up 12 wins 2 losses is best record in NFC but thier div win record is only 3-2

Hombrebueno
    Hombrebueno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by 1brokegirl View Post
    i tink they already have that all wrapped up 12 wins 2 losses is best record in NFC but thier div win record is only 3-2
    They have only clinched their division...I live here in Atlanta.

MANIER08
    MANIER08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Yeah they still need one more win to clinch homefield advantage. 49ers win out and atls looses last two 49ers would be one seed.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Atlanta will destroy lions . The panthers game was meaningless. Atlanta was focused on keeping the giants out of the playoffs. Now they need home field .

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I wouldnt put too much thought into this ATL is rolling. If I had to bet this, I would go with ATL, dont care if it looks like a sucker bet, DET has not shown me anything to lay any money with them. The NE VS SF game is not a good example as the niners have been winning and have a solid defense. What do the Lions have in this game besides home field advantage?

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Also, if you look at all of Detroits home games this season, they lost all except one by less than 4 points. So I think that might also be factored into the spread only being 3.5-4 for ATL (not to mention ATL is on the road after a short week).

Tommy Blingshyne

neither are wrapped up yet...

Tommy Blingshyne

Quote Originally Posted by 1brokegirl View Post
    neither are wrapped up yet

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

For what it's worth, here is a blurb out of the Atlanta paper today:

FLOWERY BRANCH–The Falcons can solidify their postseason positioning with a road victory against a struggling opponent on Saturday.Faced a similar situation two games ago, the Falcons fell flat at Carolina. They are vowing not to do the same at Detroit (4-10) with home-field advantage for the NFC playoffs within reach.
    “I think we learned our lesson from the Carolina game,” Falcons running back Michael Turner said. “We are not taking anything for granted. We’ve still got work to do. We’ve still got things to get better at. They are going to give us their best shot. We know that.”
    Some players admitted to becoming too relaxed in their preparation for the Panthers game, which followed a tough victory against the rival Saints. After the humbling 30-20 defeat at Carolina, the Falcons responded with what they said was a focused week of practice before their 34-0 victory against the Giants on Sunday.
    Coach Mike Smith doesn’t expect a repeat of the lax preparation.
    “I certainly hope we approach it differently,” Smith said. “I believe we will. This (Detroit) is a very good football team. Their record is not indicative of what kind of team they are.”
    Smith noted the Lions have lost eight games by eight points or less and, like the Giants, have a talented defensive line.
    The Falcons started slowly against Carolina and never recovered. They want to jump on the Lions early.
    “We want to do that every week, but even more so this week,” Falcons safety Thomas DeCoud said. “If we can get them behind the 8-ball and under our thumb early, I think the ball will be in our court.”