wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

not only is this a better idea if you have a bonus you are rolling over these count toward rollover as long as the win so you can maximize that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    that is why i mentioned if-bets; if the games are occurring at the same time, then you can make another bet contingent on a different, specified bet winning (or pushing if you so-choose.) on 5dimes and some other sites you can even make what are referred to as "rolling if-bets" with which you can make a bet with your potential winnings from a bet that is already pending. so you can bet 14 on the packers and say if this wins, then bet x amount on falcons and so on.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here you go lets post some winners:

152395478-1 12/16/12 11:16am $50.00 $290.00 $340.00 Win 6 Team Teaser (ties win) Teaser tw 6½fb & 5bk
    Win 12/16/12 1:05pm NBA Basketball 801 Houston Rockets/Toronto Raptors Under 204½ *
    Win 12/16/12 6:05pm NBA Basketball 805 Los Angeles Lakers +2 * <small>vs</small> Philadelphia 76ers
    Win 12/16/12 1:00pm NFL Football 311 Washington Redskins +10 * <small>vs</small> Cleveland Browns
    Win 12/16/12 1:00pm NFL Football 315 Denver Broncos +3½ * <small>vs</small> Baltimore Ravens
    Win 12/16/12 1:00pm NFL Football 317 Indianapolis Colts +18 * <small>vs</small> Houston Texans
    Win 12/16/12 1:00pm NFL Football 317 Indianapolis Colts/Houston Texans Over 41½ *

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Glitch, how did you get 513.97@ -110 = 497.25. I got it to come out at 467.25. So, that would be the same amount that PaperTrail would have been paid.
    sorry about that. i am getting the same as you now (467.25) so i suppose it was an error/typo that carried over while rushing.

the fact remains that it would not be advantageous to parlay...i am not trying to belittle the significance of the revelation that it is actually not yielding More (or significantly more) to bet straight. my apologies.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Glitch....i really appreciate the help man........if you have time.....could you help explain my other questions?

PaperTrail07

Its under HERITAGE A+++++...a thread.....little confused by what fishhead really meant

Originally Posted by Fishhead
    Every book should do this, because any idiot client that does this is lowering their EV.................

In rare circumstances though, this could come in handy and is a very nice option to have.

that went through my head too fisher, but as I'm sure you know most people here won't see the blarely obvious staring them in the face.

Regardless for a rec player that is probably a nice feeling and it makes the bookie happy so who am I to tell them they are wrong.

PaperTrail07

what did I miss....how was this to the books advantage....how did i lower EV.....my account was empty

Glitch

ok i just searched that thread to see what was discussed and this is likely what he may or could have meant:

alright so it IS a nice option to have if occasion presents itself so that the first 3 legs of the parlay have won already and you are presented the option to guarantee yourself a profit with your subsequent wager (guaranteed profit is guaranteed profit. the merits of this guaranteed profit are sometimes debated by point 3 below)

BUT not only does such this feature inspire you to make a parlay (we've already discussed how parlays are terrible bets because 4 things you somehow accurately predict to have a 75% chance of winning,- ALL winning would hold around an 18% chance of all winning. so less than 1 out of 5 times you win this bet) but only 1 out of 4 of those times that you incur only a single loss, will it be the final pick.

so you have this (1)extra inspiration/motivation to make the bad bet parlay in the first place and (2)after already climbing the hill of getting 3 of these bets rights (about a 40% chance at 75% certainty each (.75x.75.x75)) you (3) make a wager on something you by definition feel has a 25% chance to win (if you were 75% sure of the inverse) and lessen your potential winnings that should ideally offset your losses over time.

this math may seem counter-intuitive and you may think:
    "if i put 3 red skittles in a bag, and 1 yellow skittle in the bag and select 4 skittles at random one by one, (replacing the selected one each time (so one skittle taken has nothing to do with the next), there is NO WAY you will only get all-4 red skittles 18% of the time, but in actuality, if you do this test 20,000, you are very likely to only select the 4 red skittles about 18% of the time."

But until we learn this and try our best to apply it despite our instincts and feelings on the matter, we will continue to fail. If we just keep grabbing one skittle at a time with these odds, just trying to get 1 red skittle per round instead of 4, we will likely get "all" red skittles (1 out of 1 selected) 75% of the time.
    Last edited by Glitch; 12-17-12 at 06:52 PM. Reason: clarification with 1 out of 4 chance in one loss parlays of it being the last one.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Glitch 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

thanks for taking the time to check that out Glitch...this shit really has me thinking

If your gonna win in the long run ( always the plan) ...you need every fuckkn angle you can get...cant be making simple mistakes like underpaying
    yourself ( parlay ).....ect....atleast give it an honest true swing of the bat

thanks again

Glitch

im with you man. the whole reason i even started betting was because i found out what a parlay was and it was like a lottery with an increased chance to win for sports enthusiast like me. then i hit one early on that was $1 to win $1679. i was hooked. hemorrhaging money most months, winning a thousand or two (more rarely) other months, despite what seemed like an excellent feel for various leagues, sports and teams.

Though it shouldn't be, it is actually quite difficult to change your ways for some reason- even knowing this information. so i wish you the best. If you end up having trouble kicking parlays, i recommend still doing parlays here and there risking a 50 cents or a dollar or two or betpoints just to feed the beast.
    Last edited by Glitch; 12-17-12 at 07:36 PM. Reason: unnecessary edit then unedit.

PaperTrail07

LOL......thx man....had a good laugh cause I know your right......feed the beast....

I have the ability to look past almost anything for $......ill FORCE myself to switch it up....

First 12