lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

why is rg3 top 6?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

The only thing I will say about this list is that if all threads and posts were of this high a quality...SBR would be a MUCH better place. Great post by the OP.

woodsy5822
    woodsy5822's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Brady has accomplished more and done more than rodgers... and really its not even close...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy5822 View Post
    Brady has accomplished more and done more than rodgers... and really its not even close...
    It usually happens when one is 6 years older than the other one.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

This is a good list. But SO MANY other factors go into the relative success of a QB. Rodgers, Brady and Manning have been playing in the same system their entire career. Good long careers with consistent coaching, management and quality players around them. The fact that the Broncos let manning bring in his system to their offense just shows how being comfortable in an offense system can lead to success. Jay Cutler has had 3 systems in his 4 years in Chicago and then another in Denver. All Im saying is consistency within a playbook/system, good coaching/playcallin and upper management facilitating quality talented teammates has a lot to do with success.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bkny2cnc

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ya rodgers is better than brady. what a fukin idiot.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It usually happens when one is 6 years older than the other one.
    your still allowed to post bullshit? you think rodgers couldnt accomplish nearly anything brady has done in the next 6 years? your still fukin suck.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

Nice list, I would put Ponder at 31 or 32, one of the worst qbs in the league.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    your still allowed to post bullshit? you think rodgers couldnt accomplish nearly anything brady has done in the next 6 years? your still fukin suck.
    "You are" allowed to post bullshit here so they said I can post bullshit too. Rodgers has been a starter for 4 years only. Brady has been a starter for 12 years. The point is you can't tell today who is going to end up with the better accomplishments when their careers are over.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

where would ricky ray fit into this list?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Im glad you acknowledge you post bullshit. Obviously i do not(and please my perfect grammar that you obviously bring). To think rodgers will accomplish 1/2 of what brady's accomplished is straight fuckin idiotic.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    Im glad you acknowledge you post bullshit. Obviously i do not(and please my perfect grammar that you obviously bring). To think rodgers will accomplish 1/2 of what brady's accomplished is straight fuckin idiotic.
    Your grammar is good..it's your spelling that is idiotic

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Your grammar is good..it's your spelling that is idiotic

Sorry pal, truly am. PLEASE forgive me! Thanks for he compliment on my grammar though, means a real lot to not only me but all my teachers in the past.

Brady>every qb ever. fuk off.

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Tonight's game. Battle of QB's overrated on this list.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

You have Tannehill at least 10 slots too high.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Dalton was terrible tonight, Rivers terrible all year, Palmer should be higher.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    DEAD FUCKIN PERFECT

If i had to make this list myself i'd do exactly what you did!

Fantastic yet again Foldy!
    and that's exactly what you did by stealing his list and posting it on eog saying it was yours

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.php?t=338175

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    DEAD FUCKIN PERFECT

If i had to make this list myself i'd do exactly what you did!

Fantastic yet again Foldy!
    Didn't you write this Brock? I saw your post across the street.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

brady a system qb? lolol ya cassell is proof that the patriots run a system...cuz a guy took a team that was a couple plays a way from being 19-0 to an 11-5 record.....brady went from game manager to the franchise...it was a progression and it would have happened whether or not drew bledsoe got hurt....belichick hated bledsoe as a qb but was under pressure to play him early on because of his 100 mil contract....he eventually would have told kraft it was gonna be his way or no way.....brady frustrated me at times...starting to have a little too much cowboy in him in some big spots(ie the blackburn int...pick in 4th of afc championship)...but hes an all time great

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Nice list Brock.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Looks good except i would flip flop Cam Newton and Andrew Luck.

There is no way Luck is better than Newton. Luck leads the league in turnovers.

Yeah his team has 9 wins but he has a very good team playing around him.
    Luck has the worst team in the NFL playing around him, worse that last year's 2-14 team because all of the decent players that could leave during the offseason did. The defense and o-line are bottom 5 in the NFL, a patchwork of mostly free agent journeymen, backups and rookies.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Luck has the worst team in the NFL playing around him, worse that last year's 2-14 team because all of the decent players that could leave during the offseason did. The defense and o-line are bottom 5 in the NFL, a patchwork of mostly free agent journeymen, backups and rookies.
    ya i was surprised to hear someone say he has a good team around him..
    Everyone seems to be bashing his list, lets see everyone elses list with writeups?

elchristo
    elchristo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

the raiders are 8th in passing, carson might be old but they have no defence

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

horrible list

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    ya i was surprised to hear someone say he has a good team around him..
    Everyone seems to be bashing his list, lets see everyone elses list with writeups?
    You're right, it's tougher than it looks to do all 32 teams. But, I'm willing to give it a shot.

1. Peyton. He's done it with a whole new team, quite an accomplishment.
    2. Brady. It's really 1a and 1b. Brady is having another great year.
    3. Ryan. Right now, he's playing great, we'll see what he does in the playoffs.
    4. Rogers. Not the same as last year, but he's been missing some key guys.
    5. RGIII. The guy is electric and does everything it takes to win.
    6. RW. The guy has surged when it matters, in December.
    7. Luck. He's put a terrible team on his shoulders and taken them to the playoffs.
    8. Kaepernick. Hard to know where to put him, but hard to ignore the potential.
    9. Brees. Having a down year, but still top notch, expect a rebound next year.
    10. Eli. Coming off his second ring, this year is a bit of a letdown, he'll be back.
    11. Ben. Similar to Brees & Eli, a down year, but don't count him out by any means.
    12. Schaub. He's somewhat of a caretaker, but does what it takes to win games.
    13. Romo. He's good enough to give us hope, but not good enough to deliver.
    14. Stafford. He's the poor man's Tony Romo.
    15. Newton. Feels like a bit of a sophmore slump, maybe next year will be better.
    16. Tannehill. Overshadowed by the other big-3 rookies, but he's also doing great.
    17. Freeman. Good numbers, but gets overlooked because the Bucs are a bad team.
    18. Dalton. Similar to Freeman except now on a much better team.
    19. Cutler. I keep making excuses for Cutler and my patience is wearing thin.
    20. Bradford. If he can get more talent around him, he might start to look better.
    21. Locker. It's probably too soon to give a final verdict on Locker just yet.
    22. Flacco. Maybe the Rodney Dangerfield of QBs.
    23. Ponder. Growing pains, working with a hodgepodge of WRs.
    24. Vick. Philly is in a tailspin and the QB gets the blame.
    25. Fitz. The guy is a backup.
    26. Palmer. The sun has set on his career.
    27. Gabbert. He's looked like garbage, but maybe next year will be better?
    28. Rivers. The guy is capable, but this year is more bust than boom.
    29. Cassel. He's a backup calibre guy on a bad team, what do you expect?
    30. Weeden. The last of the rookies, there's nowhere to go but up.
    31. Sanchez. If he keeps his job, maybe he can have some WRs to throw to next year?
    32. Kolb-Skelton-Lindley-Hoyer. Cards will be seeking a QB this offseason.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Manning, Brady & Rodgers miles above the rest.
    Watch out for Kapernick you rank him way to low, in a few years he'll be top 5!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good list slacker

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I need more explanation for Slackers list.

Have a guy throwing at a HOF level 54% 21 TDs to 18 INTS with a passer rating of 75.6 five spots ahead of a guy who connects at 64% 21 TDs to 10 INTS with a passer rating of 92.4 with his average yard per attempt a full yard better than the first guy.

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Brady hasn't won a Superbowl in 8 or 9 years.

I do feel a bit sorry for Matt Ryan. Has lost to Warner, Rodgers and Eli in his 3 playoff games. If he loses to a Wilson or Kapernick I'll be the first to throw him under the bus.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

There will be no questioning the King's list. He has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    I need more explanation for Slackers list.

Have a guy throwing at a HOF level 54% 21 TDs to 18 INTS with a passer rating of 75.6 five spots ahead of a guy who connects at 64% 21 TDs to 10 INTS with a passer rating of 92.4 with his average yard per attempt a full yard better than the first guy.
    What more explanation do you need? Luck has single handedly taken the NFL's worst team and put them in the playoffs.

A lot of QB's could put up Schaub's numbers on that team. I actually thought I was somewhat generous to Schaub. Part of me wants to say if you put a guy like Matt Cassel in Houston, you're going to get similar results. Look at last year, Houston won games including a playoff game with TJ freaking Yates at QB. For Schaub to move up on my list, he needs to win some playoff games, that's why he is below Ben, Brees and Eli on my list right now. He's going to get that chance. If he's the guy you suggest he is, he'll wrap up the #1 seed today and take his team to the Super Bowl because anything less will be a disappointment with this team.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    You're right, it's tougher than it looks to do all 32 teams. But, I'm willing to give it a shot.

1. Peyton. He's done it with a whole new team, quite an accomplishment.
    2. Brady. It's really 1a and 1b. Brady is having another great year.
    3. Ryan. Right now, he's playing great, we'll see what he does in the playoffs.
    4. Rogers. Not the same as last year, but he's been missing some key guys.
    5. RGIII. The guy is electric and does everything it takes to win.
    6. RW. The guy has surged when it matters, in December.
    7. Luck. He's put a terrible team on his shoulders and taken them to the playoffs.
    10. Eli. Coming off his second ring, this year is a bit of a letdown, he'll be back.
    11. Ben. Similar to Brees & Eli, a down year, but don't count him out by any means.
    12. Schaub. He's somewhat of a caretaker, but does what it takes to win games.
    13. Romo. He's good enough to give us hope, but not good enough to deliver.
    15. Newton. Feels like a bit of a sophmore slump, maybe next year will be better.
    16. Tannehill. Overshadowed by the other big-3 rookies, but he's also doing great.
    17. Freeman. Good numbers, but gets overlooked because the Bucs are a bad team.
    18. Dalton. Similar to Freeman except now on a much better team.
    19. Cutler. I keep making excuses for Cutler and my patience is wearing thin.
    20. Bradford. If he can get more talent around him, he might start to look better.
    21. Locker. It's probably too soon to give a final verdict on Locker just yet.
    23. Ponder. Growing pains, working with a hodgepodge of WRs.
    24. Vick. Philly is in a tailspin and the QB gets the blame.
    25. Fitz. The guy is a backup.
    26. Palmer. The sun has set on his career.
    27. Gabbert. He's looked like garbage, but maybe next year will be better?
    28. Rivers. The guy is capable, but this year is more bust than boom.
    30. Weeden. The last of the rookies, there's nowhere to go but up.
    31. Sanchez. If he keeps his job, maybe he can have some WRs to throw to next year?
    32. Kolb-Skelton-Lindley-Hoyer. Cards will be seeking a QB this offseason.
    Interesting list, a bit too high on Kapernick, Wilson and Luck, I'd flip the three of them with Brees, Eli and Ben.

slacker00

I'm tweaking my list slightly. Ponder makes a big jump up, I think I was dogging him too much anyway. Otherwise slight tweaks, like putting Luck as the highest rookie, which I meant to do in the first place but didn't for some odd reason. Schaub slips below Romo for pulling a Romo in a game they needed to win. I feel bad ranking Flacco and Dalton so low, but they'll have a great chance to prove me wrong this weekend against some fairly ordinary secondaries.

updated 1/3/13

1. Peyton. He's done it with a whole new team, #1 seed, 'nuff said.
    2. Brady. Yet another great year, to the point that we "expect it".
    3. Ryan. A phenomenal year, great weapons, he needs a playoff win badly.
    4. Rogers. Not the same as last year, but he's been missing several key guys.
    5. Luck. He's put a terrible team on his shoulders and taken them to the playoffs.
    6. RGIII. The guy is electric and does everything it takes to win.
    7. RW. The guy has surged when it matters, in December.
    12. Romo. He's good enough to give us hope, but not good enough to deliver.
    13. Schaub. Very disappointing loss with #1 seed on the line. Schaub or Scrub?
    16. Ponder. Very impressive in the biggest game of his career, big bump up the list.
    17. Freeman. Good numbers, but just can't get his team over the playoff "hump".
    18. Tannehill. Overshadowed by the other big-3 rookies, but he's doing well also.
    19. Cutler. A solid year overall, but I expected more from the Marshall reunion.
    21. Dalton. He's taken his team to the playoffs, this will be a critical test.
    23. Locker. It's too soon to give a final verdict on Locker just yet.
    24. Vick. With the winds of change blowing through Philly, what's next for Vick?
    25. Fitz. I like the guy, but he's simply not a winning NFL starting QB.
    26. Palmer. The sun has set on his career. He'll be forgotting before too long.
    27. Gabbert. He's looked bad, but he needs more offensive weapons around him.
    28. Rivers. It will be interesting to see what a new coach/system brings.
    30. Weeden. The last of the rookies, there's nowhere to go but up for him.
    32. Kolb-Skelton-Lindley-Hoyer. "If you have 2 QBs, you have none.". What about 4?!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Where is tim tebow on that list

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Morris has been just as important to the Skins as RG3. To put any of the rookie kids ahead of Eli and Brees is ridiculous at this point.

1. Rodgers.....can carry a team better than anyone. Jennings/Jordy Nelson missed alot of games and their D isn't that great either

2. Brady.....interchangeable w/PM but arm is stronger which might help more in Jan. Both are HOFers and as smart as it gets.

3. P Manning.....weaker arm in Jan. cold/wind concerns me but has had another MVP type year

4. Ryan....no playoff excuses this year with #1 seed and solid D behind him

5. Eli....nobody repeats anymore....Nicks needs to be 100%

6. Luck...best of the kids imo.....has to carry the team and has while taking a beating

7. Brees....still one of the best....prob still top 3 if he didn't have to force the ball in shoot outs every week

8. RG3.....great ability....little skinny though to run the ball this much and he hasn't had to throw it that much with Morris

9. Big Ben.....bad year this year.....about to fall out for good imo due to so many hits taking their toll

10. Dalton....always underrated....they don't run that well so he (& AJ Green) have to do it by themselves usually

11. Kaepernick.....great great talent but who knows if these RG3 type read option guys can get hit that much and play every week. Can he be a pocket guy if need be?

12. Russell Wilson.....smart smart kid and great leader but Lynch sets up everything

here's my dirty dozen....ok I did put Luck ahead of some of the vets...thats because of how much he carries Indy. AL must get hit hard 30x/game with that line and still produces.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 01-03-13 at 08:38 AM.

First 123 Last