No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why are the Lions -6.5 vs. anyone on the road, and more importantly

Why is anyone betting on them?

Yes, Arizona lost a million to nothing last week. Yes, they haven't won in weeks. So what? Neither has Detroit. Have you not watched them implode over and over again? Now their season is virtually over and they're suddenly going to show up?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I agree, public burial upcoming.

double
    double's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 263

Betting on Arizona is foolish. They have no QB. The only way they cover this game is if they hold Lions to under 14 points and I don't see that happening.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Would normally agree and hate giving the home team a TD or better. But the truth of the matter is Lindley and Skelton are really bad QB's.
    Their throws are horrible and they pretty much will just need to rely on the running game only. If Kolb was in there is one thing, but the other 2 QB's are just god awful.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

I agree, the line is an overreaction to the pasting the cardinals got last week.
    Lions can't stop the run, shit the packers ran on them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by coitus_maximus View Post
    Would normally agree and hate giving the home team a TD or better. But the truth of the matter is Lindley and Skelton are really bad QB's.
    Their throws are horrible and they pretty much will just need to rely on the running game only. If Kolb was in there is one thing, but the other 2 QB's are just god awful.
    Well aware of all this. Why bet this game though? I see Detroit is one of the week's top five most wagered bets at the moment -- why?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    I agree, the line is an overreaction to the pasting the cardinals got last week.
    Lions can't stop the run, shit the packers ran on them.
    Lions have a mediocre linebacking corps and arguably the worst secondary in football.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Have to agree. Public sees a blowout of 58-0 and thinks it is easy money. Yeah, Lions are horrible. Can't stop the run well. If GB ran more often like they did in that 3rd qtr drive it wouldn't even be close. Take away Johnson and their tight ends, they got no one to throw to.

Yeah, stupid to even bet this game.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

where is this at 6.5? I've seen at 6 everywhere. I would love to buy this up to 7 from 6.5 if possible.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Well aware of all this. Why bet this game though? I see Detroit is one of the week's top five most wagered bets at the moment -- why?
    why? because you have a team that has obviously given up, coupled with a coach who is asking reporters to come play QB for him. Not to mention horrible O-Line, D-Line and do I need to even mention their current QB situation? they might be starting a guy who has never seen a snap in the NFL

all that said I'm trying to avoid games with 2 teams who have 0 shot at the playoffs

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

anyone putting money on arizona is trying way too hard to outsmart the books. cards suck, their qbs suck, their rbs suck, etc. stafford and megatron are gonna air it out all day. no way they do not cover the 6.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Silliness I agree but I put small on DET -6 figuring ARZ is the definition of a trainwreck right now. Obviously the SEA game was largely a write-off (as in completely over-blown statswise but still indicative of effort). Anyone with a career still to be had (aka Fitz) is just trying to limit their injuries. DET is at least still being competitive and have enough egos right now (aka Mega) to want some numbers. Anyways, ARZ may have enough pride and luck to pull it out at home but I thought it worth a small wager.

penny
    penny's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first post here, ever... but no coin, i remember you having a thread about +5.5 home dogs LY... anything along those lines happen to catch your eye recently??

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by shookid View Post
    anyone putting money on arizona is trying way too hard to outsmart the books. cards suck, their qbs suck, their rbs suck, etc. stafford and megatron are gonna air it out all day. no way they do not cover the 6.

I've watched Lindley (who will be starting) play. He is the worst quarterback I've ever seen in the national football league. He makes BLaine Gabbert look like a stud. Lions will win this game by 15-20. Your not gonna bet it just because the public is pounding it? Vegas already set the line at -6 because they know the Lions are gonna win guaranteed. A 4 win team is favored by 6 points on the road. Enough said. Line couldn't have been set any higher.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why are the Lions -6.5 vs. anyone on the road, and more importantly

Why is anyone betting on them?
    Because all the Goats out there are pounding them week after week with the same losing result,

Lions are 29th in league ATS and Zona is 26th........

Lion are better ATS on the road than @ home

Zona has no offense what so ever

the line is right though......................

i_pick_winners1
    i_pick_winners1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona's QBs couldn't hit sand if they fell off camels.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by i_pick_winners1 View Post
    Arizona's QBs couldn't hit sand if they fell off camels.
    WTF is that supposed to mean,Whoa!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Because all the Goats out there are pounding them week after week with the same losing result,
    Exhibit A

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

as bad as detroit has been they have lost alot close games due to idiotic coaching errors

- the coaching error vs texans on thanksgiving

- giving up a pass underneath last play vs colts , i mean really underneath ? on the last play you woudnt play a zone and make him throw over the top of the defense ?

yes stafford is way better than lindly but lions are back to the boneheaded days of old

cards could win this game stright up

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think the Cards QB's speak for the line. However, I just wouldn't play this game. No chance in hell i'm playing the Lions at -6.5 on the road.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Detroit fits a teaser nicely. They are shit this year but they can score quickly. Unfortunately, they can get scored on quickly as well. I think they can shut down the Cards for a good chunk of the game though. Teasing it with something else

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Dom177 View Post
    Detroit fits a teaser nicely. They are shit this year but they can score quickly. Unfortunately, they can get scored on quickly as well. I think they can shut down the Cards for a good chunk of the game though. Teasing it with something else
    I hope your teasing Arizona up not the Lions down.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Perfect stay away game! Lions laying so much cause Zona got their shit pushed in 200-0. But who can really trust either one of these turds? Gun to head give me Lions though at least they have some offense.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

I've watched Lindley (who will be starting) play. He is the worst quarterback I've ever seen in the national football league. He makes BLaine Gabbert look like a stud. Lions will win this game by 15-20. Your not gonna bet it just because the public is pounding it? Vegas already set the line at -6 because they know the Lions are gonna win guaranteed. A 4 win team is favored by 6 points on the road. Enough said. Line couldn't have been set any higher.