austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday Night Football

YTD 3-1

Carolina -9.5 -- While the Panthers historically do not cover such large spreads, I think this line is set high for a reason. Rice, Wymes & Quarles are out for the Bucs tonight which makeup a DT, DE & LB. As poor as Carolina played in their last game vs Dallas, my position on this team is that they aren't as good as everyone predicted in Super Bowl aspects and they are not as poor as they have seemed in losses to Atlanta & Dallas. Carolina, like most teams, off of a bye mid-season come out with a the mindset that the second half is a "new" season. After allowing 35 second half unanswered points to Dallas in what could be considered the worst defensive showing for the 2006 season, I look for Carolina to come out focused and aggressive, following up their worst performance by what could potentially be their best of the season. In Week 3 these two teams meet in Tampa and while the score was 26-24, the Panthers dominated the game but allowed 3 turnovers which kept Tampa Bay in the game. Delhomme was 22 -for- 36 for 272 yards and Carolina dominated the Time of Possession, 34:23 - Tampa's 25:37. Look for Carolina to dominate the Time of Possession and limit their mistakes by letting Jake manage the game and letting his playmakers do the rest.

Good Luck Tonight guys....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting insight bro.

good luck tonight.

austintx05

Same to you BBD.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Lets not forget the talent on TB such as carnell williams alstot short yardage pittman short passing galloway deep threat clayton great number two. although the bucs have been dogging it so far the sun shines even on a dogs ass some days. bradkowski is still getting comfortable and although he is no manning he has very very few interceptions.
    good luck yourself

What made you change your mind ?
    long ago I would do that mid day and it never paid off.
    GL again

austintx05

My original thoughts on TB were just that. I looked at the original game and noticed that it really was not as close as the acore said. Given the home team coming off of their worst performance and at home, I expedt them to be focused. I am also a firm believer that that NFL is shady. There is a reason why this line is so high, IMO.

bigboydan

TB recovers the fumble.

bigboydan

7-0 Tb

bigboydan

wow, another fumble recovery for TB.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

after watching these two pathetic nfc squads, I have concluded best part of this game is that I can go to bed early.
    zzzzzzzzzzz

austintx05

It does not look good. I must say Carolina does not look like they even want to play in the NFL. They are playing uninspired and not like a team that had 2 weeks to prepare. I originally thought that Carolina would have a short run some time in the season and assumed this would be the best time to do so. I don't like my bet right now because I do not trust John Fox to make adjustments. But maybe he will because he will have to if he expects to win this game.

austintx05

Nice comeback by the Panthers. Considering Keyshaun's fumble led to the only TB TD, Carolina held them to 1 FG.

Carolina

YTD 4-1

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Austin you should make one of these threads for next weekend. You seemed to have picked up on something with Carolina before game time and I am not quit sure what it is. I had the under the whole way with this game and was very pleased with that terrible first half. These MNF games have gotten extremely boring over the last couple of years.

austintx05

Thanks primo. I plan on having a weekly Picks thread, where I discuss games that I think have potential. I remember when I first started, Willie actually posted one of my writeups during the MLB season, but I think the idea of that was rejected because I am not a Pro-Tout. I do have my own Sports Betting blog though. You can find it under my profile.