isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington Gives Up on This Season

Jason Campbell will be getting his first NFL start next week against Tampa Bay. If they had made this move at the beginning of the season, they'd probably still have the same record (3-6) but Campbell would be hitting stride right about now and the Redskins could make a late-season run. Hopefully Brunell will consider hanging it up.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Add Portis being out for the season and thats all she wrote for the Skins fans.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to fade them this week then?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    Time to fade them this week then?
    I don't know if i'd do that just yet bro. Lets see how they do this week, and play them accordingly the rest of the way out this year.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Tonight's game will obviously make a difference in that play as well...

primo_skillz

I think Tampa Bay can take care of Washington at home even without knowing the outcome of this game tonight.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

You might be right, but TB offense makes any game they are in tough to call IMO.

primo_skillz

I guess we will see what they can tonight to the Panthers defense. And I am going up against Carolina defense in fantasy with a 13 point lead. Crossing my fingers!

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    Jason Campbell will be getting his first NFL start next week against Tampa Bay. If they had made this move at the beginning of the season, they'd probably still have the same record (3-6) but Campbell would be hitting stride right about now and the Redskins could make a late-season run. Hopefully Brunell will consider hanging it up.

Could not agree more with this. Brunell has just killed this team. I just don't see how they could be any worse at this point if they would have started Campbell to start the season. Hindsight is 20/20. I actually liked their chances with a healthy Portis and their pickups at the beginning of the season but Brunell is just brutal at this point in his career. I'll 2nd the notion that Campbell probably is not the answer but at this point anything has to be better than Brunell. Brutal, just bloody brutal.

E

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

After TB, they play CAR, ATL, PHIL, NO, STL, NYG . . .
    tough finish for team not doing as well as the first place NFC
    East finish predicted by pre-season issue of PFW magazine.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Be careful. Just when you think the team will tank, they can bite you in the ass on that first game. Might want to wait a week to see how they play. I havent capped anything for this week yet, so not sure about this one.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two struggling offenses and two rookie QB's, this is gonna be an ugly one to watch. I'm hoping Campbell can give my boys a little spark and a glimmer of hope for next year.

If they would have made a move a few games back before the Skins were totally out of it I would have liked to have seen Todd Collins get a chance since he is the only QB familiar with the system. But now that the season is a bust lets see what the kid can do.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Under!

I do think Campbell will be a star in Washington eventually - not sure why it took so long to make this move - but this is a terrible first game for him, at Raymond James against that defense. Almost unfair.

primo_skillz

Been on a roll the last weekend on total action. I am looking forward to 'capping this game as well.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under

primo_skillz

Does anyone know what the total is as of right now?

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    Does anyone know what the total is as of right now?
    You can get it anywhere from 34-35.5 right now.

primo_skillz

That is a very low total. I thought last night's game was rather low going into the game, but Vegas proved to be rather accurate. I feel like this game is going to be full of turnovers just like last night's MNF. If Campbell can not get anything established, like I expect, then this will be left to their strugging running game. I expect more than half of this game to be played around midfield.