marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Brady is no doubt one of the best and having a great season. All time greatest ever is debatable

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Let's see if the score is evened this year. It's like comparing Federer and Sampras, but I still think Manning edges Brady if we were to compare them from top to bottom overall.
    Fair enough. I take Brady over Manning because he's shown he can do it without weapons and when he's had them he's put up historic numbers. He's also 16-6 in the playoffs and Manning is 9-10. Both guys are top 5 all time though.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Points Awarded:

SBR Lou gave 8ArIvd5 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

What I've learned from this thread:
    1)there are only 2 qb's in the running(both from the current era)
    2)nobody will acknowledge that pi,illegal contact,def hold,roughing the passer play any role in their stats
    3)nobody will acknowledge that they play in the pansy era
    4)nobody will acknowledge that that this era is a QB driven league
    5)Johnny Unitas never actually played
    6)every nfl season ever has been 16 reg season games long

The long & short of it is until Brady or Manning wins a 4th SB they are not fit to carry Montana's bags.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave freakydave 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

Maybe some day Mr. Bundchen will sit down with Joe Montana and describe what it feels like to lose 2 Superbowls.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7700

pats went 11-5 the season brady was injured.

colts went 2-14 with no manning.

Enough said.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

If Brady's career ended right now I would put him on par with Montana, another Super Bowl win for Brady puts him over the top as No. 1 IMO.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26323

Montana 4 Super Bowls Brady 3
    Manning 4 MVPs Brady not sure if he ever won

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Let's see if the score is evened this year. It's like comparing Federer and Sampras, but I still think Manning edges Brady if we were to compare them from top to bottom overall.
    ...uh WHAT? holy shnikes man...lay off the eggnog

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Brady and Peyton have not one one "big" game in their whole careers combined.

Who loses as a 14 point fave in the super bowl?
    Imagine if the Chargers beat the Niners.....

Beating Grossman's, Mcnabb's and Delhome's.....

Who care about piling up stats against the bills, jets and dolpins your whole life in an era where you can't play any defense.

Neither one "steps up" in the playoffs, they step down.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by brumbies View Post

Enough said.
    The Pats averaged 2 fewer passing TDs PER GAME with Cassel starting that year than Brady had the year before with almost the same team. The teams weren't even close as far as the play went.

And are you really going to act like Peyton was the only one not there for that awful season, and that the team didn't give up halfway through? Cmon now

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Brady is better from top to bottom. Better looking, better hair, better ass, better wife and he doesn't walk like a duck.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by brumbies View Post

Enough said.
    The same Colts who are now 9-4 without Manning. Pats seasoned a backup QB and tried to win games by outcoaching their opponents. Colts didn't groom a backup and tanked the season. Nice try though.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Who care about piling up stats against the bills, jets and dolpins your whole life in an era where you can't play any defense.

Brady and Manning played in the salary cap era. The Niners had an owner who outspent every other team and was a criminal. Niners are also salary cap cheats. Weren't used to playing on an equal playing field as the rest of the league. Pathetic.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Brady and Manning played in the salary cap era. The Niners had an owner who outspent every other team and was a criminal. Niners are also salary cap cheats. Weren't used to playing on an equal playing field as the rest of the league. Pathetic.
    you have one argument, but there is something to be said about the way defense is played now also. How many times did you see roughing the passer called when Montanna was throwing? If someone falls down on a blade of grass next to brady's foot, brady is getting a 15 yard gain on the play. There is no more hitting allowed in the secondary. The NFL today is softer than the NBA was in the 80's

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

When i was 8 years old or so, i already knew who Montana and Jordan are..and i don't live in the US so the NFL or NBA isn't talked much about here. These things only happen with the very best, and you fukks should better leave legends alone and not put someone above them. At best Brady could be equal to Montana, and Lebron equal to Jordan.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    you have one argument, but there is something to be said about the way defense is played now also. How many times did you see roughing the passer called when Montanna was throwing? If someone falls down on a blade of grass next to brady's foot, brady is getting a 15 yard gain on the play. There is no more hitting allowed in the secondary. The NFL today is softer than the NBA was in the 80's
    Brady won 2 SB's before the chuck rule or roughing the passer is called today.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Brady won 2 SB's before the chuck rule or roughing the passer is called today.
    the chuck rule? Man I am not talking about 5 yrds. I am talking about tackling. All these defenseless receiver BS calls that go for 15 and keep drives alive. Back in the day those were called tackles. Are you trying to tell me that while Brady has played this game the rules were similar to when Montanna played?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Some good points in here about comparing players from different eras. It's really only fair to compare Brady with players playing during his era.

Early in Brady's career, he reminds me more of Eli, making some clutch plays but really winning the rings with a team effort. In the last half of Brady's career, he reminds me more of Peyton with the stellar stats in the regular season but coming up short in the playoffs. It's almost like Brady is both Manning boys, rolled into 1, which is a pretty good compliment.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

No way to rank numerically, only can classify as great or not great. The obvious great QB's of my lifetime are Montana, young, manning, Brady, elway, Marino. Some of the good but not great was j Kelly, esiason, kosar, sims, farve.

Guys like rodgers, brees, e manning are very good and may be greats but its too early to tell. Although I think they all will be.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Let me silence you for a moment. One of the best superbowls of all time...

Tied 17 17. Rams Pats. 1:20 left to go in the game. NO TIMEOUTS. Own 20 yard line.

I'll let you figure out what happens next.

Thanks.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Biggest douche of all time that's for sure. Peyton is better any ways.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Brady is better from top to bottom. Better looking, better hair, better ass, better wife and he doesn't walk like a duck.
    Legend

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

The same Colts who are now 9-4 without Manning. Pats seasoned a backup QB and tried to win games by outcoaching their opponents. Colts didn't groom a backup and tanked the season. Nice try though.
    Colts have 2/3 new players vs last year. New coaching staff. New style on offense and defense. New QB, lots of rookies starting on offense. Same Colts...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Tied 17 17. Rams Pats. 1:20 left to go in the game. NO TIMEOUTS. Own 20 yard line.

Thanks.
    He got away with intentional grounding on a late play... and then Vinny nailed the kick. Defense won that game. QB stats? Brady didn't even have to win the AFCCG to get to play in the SB and he got a do-over vs the Raiders when he fumbled away the game... unlike every other BIG NAME QB who actually won 2 or 3 games to get to their first SB and some won 4 games overall, something Brady has NEVER done.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    He got away with intentional grounding on a late play... and then Vinny nailed the kick. Defense won that game. QB stats? Brady didn't even have to win the AFCCG to get to play in the SB and he got a do-over vs the Raiders when he fumbled away the game... unlike every other BIG NAME QB who actually won 2 or 3 games to get to their first SB and some won 4 games overall, something Brady has NEVER done.
    Yeah you could have called that one play grounding but I remember that drive clearly. Brady was hitting his guys in stride, stepping up in the pocket, making the clutchest throws.

I'm not gonna argue that Brady is better than Montana because I have only watched NFL for 10 12 years and never really watched Montana much on clips either, but not many qb's can drive a team down a field for a gw fg with 1:20 left on the clock and no timeouts.

Brady had another huge drive for the win in the following superbowl as well. The guy is as clutch as it gets. Between him and manning (just as far as clutchness goes in the last 2 min), Brady is way ahead.

I remember betting the Saints spread and ML to beat the colts and I remember they were up by like 6 7 points with a few min. left in the 4th and Colts driving. I've never been more confident. I told my brother, watch, Manning will throw a pick on this drive. Like 3 plays later swear to god he threw a pick 6. If that was Brady, I would be nervous if I was a saints backer. What about you?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is how the NFL was meant to be,

now until these skirt wearing panzi ass wussies we have today known as QB's take hits like this on a daily level,

then and only then can they be compared to the great Montana's Bradshaw's Unitas's

You young dumb fukks know squat..................

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Thanks.
    Yeah he can thank his defense for that super bowl. 27 pass attempts and 145 yards.....lol

oh wow, he led them to a FG, wow. all impressive wins...by a fg.

k13

Here, I got a better one for you Goat.

Playing at home against the Jets and Super Sanchez as a big favorite in the first round...

Wait for it.....wait for it.....he gets outplayed by Sanchez and losses like the choker he his.

People want to give the Jets D the credit but Sanchez threw 3 td's, no picks.

k13

Let's summarize Brady. Top to Bottom

Choked to Eli.
    Choked to Sanchez.
    Choked and got raped by Baltimore at home.
    Choked to Eli.
    Choked to Peyton.
    Choked to Jake Plummer.
    Beat McCrap by 3 points.
    Beat Jake Delhomme by 3 points. Jake Delhomme....seriously.
    Beat some grocery bagger QB by 3 points with defense doing most of the work.

Greatest off all time....

All I see is variance has caught up to him.

PAULYPOKER

Trying to compare today's QB's with yesterdays,

is like trying to compare ballet dancers with gladiators............

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Everyone always sucking the QB's dick. How bout the recievers that get open and make the catches. You have to have the recievers to make the QB. You could have the best QB in the world but if the recievers don't catch the ball or don't get open your QB isn't worth anything. Could also be said for o-line. so many of these QB stats can be very misleading.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Let's summarize Brady. Top to Bottom

Choked to Eli.
    Choked to Sanchez.
    Choked and got raped by Baltimore at home.
    Choked to Eli.
    Choked to Peyton.
    Choked to Jake Plummer.
    Beat McCrap by 3 points.
    Beat Jake Delhomme by 3 points. Jake Delhomme....seriously.
    Beat some grocery bagger QB by 3 points with defense doing most of the work.

Greatest off all time....

All I see is variance has caught up to him.
    Choked to Peyton? He's 8-3 in the regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs against Peyton, including 3 straight wins.

So Brady has lost 6 playoff games in his career, name me a great QB that hasn't lost 6 playoff games.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Choked to Peyton? He's 8-3 in the regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs against Peyton, including 3 straight wins.

So Brady has lost 6 playoff games in his career, name me a great QB that hasn't lost 6 playoff games.
    That is a year by year "ending".

He's only been in the playoffs 9 times....

You can just look at his Y/A in the playoffs and it tells you everything you need to know. He's just a regular season QB.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

name me a great QB that hasn't lost 6 playoff games.
    Terry Bradshaw
    Playoff Record as Starting QB: 14 -5

Playoff Comebacks: 4

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: 4

Superbowl record: 4-0

First 123456 ... Last