Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

****MNF: Houston Texans @ New England Patriots Official In Game Thread****

Thoughts?

New England favored by -4 and the over/under at 50.5
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

New England all the way baby!!!!

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thewhiteguy View Post
    New England all the way baby!!!!
    Thanks for the write up.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

PATRIOTS ML!!!!!!!!!!!!

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

i like houston +4 i think it goin to win straight up my 2 cent worth

Seaweed
    Update your status

I like Total Field Goals made over 3.5 as of now, still looking into it

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I have Hou +11.5 to close a teaser and hedged with NE -4. Hoping for a touchdown win by patriots.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How the hell are you going to start an official thread 24 hrs before the game? Breaking protocol.

FWIW, I think this line is retarded - but I can't figure a way to take advantage of it, because I don't like either side.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    PATRIOTS ML!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not a big enough ML. Needs to be -300 or worse.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Teasing the Over looks good.

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Over

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    How the hell are you going to start an official thread 24 hrs before the game? Breaking protocol.

FWIW, I think this line is retarded - but I can't figure a way to take advantage of it, because I don't like either side.
    sharp post game threads are for when the game is playing to discuss the game.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Waiting for weather reports

Think pats have more motivation slightly favour new England

222bad
    222bad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Waiting for weather reports

Think pats have more motivation slightly favour new England
    Not sure how either team could have more motivation than the other in this game, but see a situational and trend based edge going to the Pats. I think by going over the key number 3 the books are begging for Texans money.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

have the Pats teased up to +10.5 for a bigger bet then usual

Just hope Texans defense is just good enough not to completely collapse . There last 5 games have not been that game against the pass

but Schaub can keep them in this game if Texans can hold Brady to field goal attempts instead of all touchdowns.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Who cares.... how can you put a stamp or a limitation on how a thread should be perceived or when it should be made. Hit a blunt and chill out

Fidel_CashFlow

BEND BUT DONT BREAK

Last edited by Fidel_CashFlow; 12-10-12 at 09:00 AM.

vigster
    Update Status
    vigster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10346

It's raining here. It poured last night like crazy! Light wind as of now.....

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Looking like a rainy night in New England with light winds according to weather.com. I think the rain could have a lot to do with the total. May cause both teams to run the ball more and for the clock to move along. Leaning under for this one. Way to many people on the over also, 83%! Never like to get on that side of the wager.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Houston @ New England under the total, weather (rain & 15mph wind), situation capping of both teams fighting one seed or @ least bye in the playoffs, both teams propensity to run the ball which eats up the clock, both teams run defence strength points a lower scoring game, neither do I see array of vertical passes at the very least for 2.5 quarters until one team is behind.
    Last edited by neutral; 12-10-12 at 10:38 AM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noooooooo
    Need to sit out this game now
    QUOTE=daimoshokage;17071356]PATRIOTS ML!!!!!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    Looking like a rainy night in New England with light winds according to weather.com. I think the rain could have a lot to do with the total. May cause both teams to run the ball more and for the clock to move along. Leaning under for this one. Way to many people on the over also, 83%! Never like to get on that side of the wager.
    Agree, public bettors on the over due to ATS over the total run of NE, but now as schedule gets tougher like facing Miami's good run defence last week, that golden goose run has come to grinding halt, plus slot receiver Edelman missing along with the Gronk, Logan Mankin is however back for NE offensive line as well rookie Chandler Jones at defensive end which will help NE's pass rusher. If i had to take a side as well i would lean towards NE @ -4.
    Last edited by neutral; 12-10-12 at 10:39 AM.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    Agree, public bettors on the over due to ATS over the total run of NE, but now as schedule gets tougher being with facing Miami's good run defence last week, that golden goose run has come to grinding halt, plus slot receiver Edelman missing along with the Gronk, Logan Mankin is however for NE offensive line as well rookie Chandler Jones at defensive end which will help NE's pass rusher. If i had to take a side as well i would lean towards NE @ -4.
    I'm staying away from the side on this one. Leaned Houston +4 actually but, don't want to bet against NE at home on MNF, hasn't been a good decision in the past. But, really huge RLM in this total and I usually look for these types of bets against the public. I'm on the under for a standard wager size.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i have i different take on how this gm goes,,1st off little rain not gonna effect scoring,,we not talking extreme showers are we? last i checked i saw they were calling for about 10mph winds which not enough to worry bout effecting passing gm...

im just not sure either teams comes out running a lot, foster isnt even avg 4ypcon the year and he has looked kinda worn down lately,pats rush d is solid, while i understand the logic of rushing to control top and keep brady off the field i think they be much better served to come into this gm like they did the den gm and look to go deep early and often as johnson is starting to look like the guy we know him as which means no one has a answer for him, especially not pats secondary, think they come out with the heavy run action and either go over top to andre or hit daniels and try and loosen up the d for foster later...on other side pats are starting to run out of weapons with edelman now gone and hernadez gimpy, im sure bellicheat has taken notice of how vulnerable hou has been against the pass lately so i almost expect him to pull the rb switch and make this a woodhead gm so they can go no huddle to wear down hou front and woodhead gives brady another target that he needs..im considering hou ml but the play i really like is 1st half over 25.5 as both these teams love to jump out on teams and go for the jugular early, i kinda expect them to swap a pair of tds before the half. gl everyone,,,

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Darn, the line just went to 5.5 waited too long on this game. Jumped 1.5 points in less than 20 minutes, strange. Still looking for a big play on the Pats but 5.5 is pretty big. Absolutely love the Pats in this spot but I think all these people talking about Hou getting blown out on a long week are crazy. 5.5 is a lot...

Agree with you bank, already took 1st half O 25.5 early this morning. I lay this same bet with the Pats almost every week they love to start fast and having a great offense in Hou on the other side of the ball helps.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Also, very tempted on the Hou +3.5 1st Half. Thinking both teams trade scores through the first half and it is close going into half time

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Big bet on New England -4 .

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Also, very tempted on the Hou +3.5 1st Half. Thinking both teams trade scores through the first half and it is close going into half time
    14-14 would not surprise me at all,,but i never go against pats 1st half,,i wouldnt bet them here but just knowing what they do to teams early makes it hard to go against them..3.5 very tempting tho

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i have i different take on how this gm goes,,1st off little rain not gonna effect scoring,,we not talking extreme showers are we? last i checked i saw they were calling for about 10mph winds which not enough to worry bout effecting passing gm...

im just not sure either teams comes out running a lot, foster isnt even avg 4ypcon the year and he has looked kinda worn down lately,pats rush d is solid, while i understand the logic of rushing to control top and keep brady off the field i think they be much better served to come into this gm like they did the den gm and look to go deep early and often as johnson is starting to look like the guy we know him as which means no one has a answer for him, especially not pats secondary, think they come out with the heavy run action and either go over top to andre or hit daniels and try and loosen up the d for foster later...on other side pats are starting to run out of weapons with edelman now gone and hernadez gimpy, im sure bellicheat has taken notice of how vulnerable hou has been against the pass lately so i almost expect him to pull the rb switch and make this a woodhead gm so they can go no huddle to wear down hou front and woodhead gives brady another target that he needs..im considering hou ml but the play i really like is 1st half over 25.5 as both these teams love to jump out on teams and go for the jugular early, i kinda expect them to swap a pair of tds before the half. gl everyone,,,
    That is different angle alright, Over 25.5 for 1st half is worth a short because both are in the top 10 for 1st half scoring however there are hidden intangibles such as NE' secondary improvements in more recent games plus Belichick has been more willing to blitz to help secondary also by taking time away from opposing QB hence why Jones's return should help. As for NE offensively, Brandon Lloyd is really the only deep threat, Edelman, Welker & Woohead have been used primarily as dink and dunk receivers for 10 yard gains. Also Edelman's kick- punt return game will be missed, ever reliable Gostkowski has been missing regulation kicks.

QuietConfidence
    QuietConfidence's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total TD passes Brady getting 2 (-150). Bet the over? Gonna be a lot of passes thrown with the Texans stout run D

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

holy sh*t, line is up to -5.5...I got Pats at -3 (-125) and I really like them tonight...Brady on a national stage at home for -3 is a good play against any team in the NFL imo

Seaweed
    Update your status

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    holy sh*t, line is up to -5.5...I got Pats at -3 (-125) and I really like them tonight...Brady on a national stage at home for -3 is a good play against any team in the NFL imo
    Is this steam money of the fav? I thought my HOU +4 bet earlier in the week was gold...surprised the line has jumped...any new injury reports?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    That is different angle alright, Over 25.5 for 1st half is worth a short because both are in the top 10 for 1st half scoring however there are hidden intangibles such as NE' secondary improvements in more recent games plus Belichick has been more willing to blitz to help secondary also by taking time away from opposing QB hence why Jones's return should help. As for NE offensively, Brandon Lloyd is really the only deep threat, Edelman, Welker & Woohead have been used primarily as dink and dunk receivers for 10 yard gains. Also Edelman's kick- punt return game will be missed, ever reliable Gostkowski has been missing regulation kicks.

i think welker and woodhead be a nightmare for hou if BB spreads the field and runs a lot of plays, you get guys chasing them around repeatedly the gonna be sucking wind before long,,to me it just doesnt make sense for bellicheat to come out with ridleyy and a slower pace as that would play right into hou hands and he would be risking them dictating pace all a sudden where they can just continue to try and establish foster and the d stay fresh, im gonna go ahead and go out on the limb that BB doesnt want that type of gm as the film out there that shows spreading these guys and running lot of plays gets them in trouble, they continue to play press and a guy stumbles or just gets beat, and again forcing them to chase welker and woodhead around with all those cuts is gonna pay huge later on if they can get lead that when i think you would see a lot more ridley and the power run gm...

far as this "improved pass d", i mean sure they have looked better and maybe they are but lets be real about the teams they been facing the last 3 weeks, not exactly teams that strike fear into defenses...i hope he blitzes (a lot) cause that means one of best wrs in the gm is gonna have some one on one on the outside, hou way to balanced and talented offensively for this pats d improved or not, this isnt mia or the jets, you have to respect the run and the run action and have to worry about johnson taking the top off and daniels over the middle..i guess we see how improved they are cause they actually have given up slightly more yrds per reception the last 3, while yes they have done a better job holding completion percentages down lets not forget that been against 2 rookies and a total shitbag jets offense...this a big step up in class from the bills teams that were lighting them up a month ago so i guess we will see but i feel like hou more than capable of making plays deep or controlling gm in the middle of field as pats have to respect the run or they will do what BB does not want and that is control the time of possession and keep the d fresh for when brady gets on field...i smell some scores early, maybe they both play it conservative but that makes no sense for pats and that should force hou hand, not that it needs to be forced cause i think they know they need to jump out to lead or at least make d see that fake early and often so they are hesitant when they run the stretch later on..ive been wrong beofe and im sure i will be again but it just doesnt make sense in any way that this is a grind it out affair when both defenses better against the run and both offenses be better served setting the run up with the pass in this one,,,the fact the the 2 highest scoring 1st half offenses certainly doesnt hurt why i went w 1st half but more importantly i think this a gm where it a race to get a lead and wear opposing d out so then whoever accomplishes this can then come in with the power run gm and start shortening the gm...

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    Is this steam money of the fav? I thought my HOU +4 bet earlier in the week was gold...surprised the line has jumped...any new injury reports?
    public will always steam pats on a primetime game at home...I actually like Pats in this spot, of course easy for me to say because I got -3 and not -5.5 and -6 which is what most shops are at right now

1234 ... Last