BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Detroit Lions guaranteed loss tomorrow in Green Bay?

If you had martingaled the Lions to win in Green Bay since the last time they won in Green Bay (1991), you would have lost 20 straight times and the equivalent of what you will probably earn in salary your entire working life. This is an ugly ugly streak and should never happen in the NFL. Even last year, Detroit who was favored (and line got steamed very high too) and had something to play for while GB was resting its starters and played Matt Flynn got smoked in this game even after they were willing to concede the game. For whatever reason, the Lions cannot win in GB.

Anyone see anything changing? I think this might be the year they end their 20 year losing streak in GB. I like DET + the points especially at +7. Lions are not as bad as their record indicates and should have won earlier this year against GB. Really this team should be more like 7-5 or even 8-4. This is not a bad team and have maybe the best player in the NFL. Packers have lots of injuries and I do not see their offense as dynamic and potent as in years past.

I like Det +7 and I like them to win straight up and end this streak.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Won't be close. Team is in turmoil and have 1 receiver and half a RB. Haven't won in decades there.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Won't be close. Team is in turmoil and have 1 receiver and half a RB. Haven't won in decades there.
    I had heard that there was a secret players only meeting. I think we see something we have not seen in a very long time tomorrow. You will see a very strong effort on part of the Lions.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

When is the last time the Lions won there?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Clay Matthews
    No Chuck Woodson
    No Jordy Nelson
    No James Starks

It's gonna be cold and snowing and that will give the Packers an edge but I would not lay any points with GB without those playmakers. Ill be at the game and hopin like hell, but no real confidence here.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Detroit has no leadership..... Team has already given up

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I had heard that there was a secret players only meeting. I think we see something we have not seen in a very long time tomorrow. You will see a very strong effort on part of the Lions.
    Wasn't really a secret meeting if even u know about it, just saying...

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

A secret meeting is not magically going to make them a smoking team. As stated above, they have no leadership. Their coach is aweful and until they get a new one they will be in the shitter. Pack covers this game.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    If you had martingaled the Lions to win in Green Bay since the last time they won in Green Bay (1991), you would have lost 20 straight times and the equivalent of what you will probably earn in salary your entire working life. This is an ugly ugly streak and should never happen in the NFL. Even last year, Detroit who was favored (and line got steamed very high too) and had something to play for while GB was resting its starters and played Matt Flynn got smoked in this game even after they were willing to concede the game. For whatever reason, the Lions cannot win in GB.

Anyone see anything changing? I think this might be the year they end their 20 year losing streak in GB. I like DET + the points especially at +7. Lions are not as bad as their record indicates and should have won earlier this year against GB. Really this team should be more like 7-5 or even 8-4. This is not a bad team and have maybe the best player in the NFL. Packers have lots of injuries and I do not see their offense as dynamic and potent as in years past.

I like Det +7 and I like them to win straight up and end this streak.
    Detroit sucks dude

Good luck!

wolvesguy89
    wolvesguy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

You're outta your skull if you think the Lions are gonna win tomorrow. If they couldn't do it last year with the way they were playing, and with the Packers resting starters, what makes you think they'll beat them now?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What's really interesting is that the public has wagered on this game more than any other game so far on Sunday. It's odd because 1PM games see more action than an 8PM game (especially when 1PM games are still on the board)... that surprises me a bit.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    When is the last time the Lions won there?
    It's been a long long long long time since the Lions have won in GB. You see this occasionally at the college level for a team to lose so many games in a row in one place...but it's almost unheard of at the NFL level.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-lambeau-field

and

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/1...y-packers-2012

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Its the Lions....couple that with the last second defeat last week. They are just going through the motions to try and get the season over from here out.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    No Clay Matthews
    No Chuck Woodson
    No Jordy Nelson
    No James Starks

It's gonna be cold and snowing and that will give the Packers an edge but I would not lay any points with GB without those playmakers. Ill be at the game and hopin like hell, but no real confidence here.
    Reminds me of a Sunday night game i went to at Lambeau Field when Detroit played Green Bay. it was literally the coldest evening in my life. This was when Favre was still the QB and Jeff Garcia was the Lions QB. It was so cold that the offenses were not capable of doing anything. Game went to OT but I could not stay any longer it was so cold. GB won 13-10 I believe.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    No Clay Matthews
    No Chuck Woodson
    No Jordy Nelson
    No James Starks

No Mike Neal and C. Wilson up front worries me the most in this game, Worthy and Daniels will play the most reps they've played all year; Worthy is bad against the run. With only 4 healthy D-lineman, I see Stafford having all day to throw in this one; Backus LT is back for Detroit as well.

It should be high scoring despite the weather; GB going all in at Chicago NEXT week, hoping Detroit just lays down but don't think they will.

ClayMaker52
    ClayMaker52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 249

So... You left LAMBEAU, in an OVERTIME game, with FAVRE at the reins... because you were "cold"??

And you want people to tail your plays????

CMONNNNNNNNNMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Detroit has no leadership..... Team has already given up
    Did the Eagles lay down against Dallas on primetime last Sunday? Same scenario, nobody likes to get embarrassed under the lights; Detroit brings it despite their lost season. They still could get blown out, but........

Leo818
    Leo818's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    No Mike Neal and C. Wilson up front worries me the most in this game, Worthy and Daniels will play the most reps they've played all year; Worthy is bad against the run. With only 4 healthy D-lineman, I see Stafford having all day to throw in this one; Backus LT is back for Detroit as well.

It should be high scoring despite the weather; GB going all in at Chicago NEXT week, hoping Detroit just lays down but don't think they will.
    I agree. I got 1u on GB -6 and 1u on GB/DET OVER 48. BOL to everyone.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game will be close

lonelynoob
    lonelynoob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

under is the play

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I wouldn't trust my money on jim schwartz.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Taking the Lions and Cowboys are like playing teasers...

They always look good on Saturday...

Can't handicap "stupid"...

Until your watching it live, then it's too late...

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Took the 7. Should be close.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Taking the Lions and Cowboys are like playing teasers...

They always look good on Saturday...

Can't handicap "stupid"...

Until your watching it live, then it's too late...

I think we can add this years Eagles to the list seeing as they seem to get a touchdown or more every game, even against girls flag football teams.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions 7-3

12/12/2010 revisited..............

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

guaranteed Lions loss
    but DET may cover...

Black Hills
    Black Hills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I believe that game,12/12/10 was in Det.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Detroit will be up going into the fourth, question is will they collapse again? Answer is probably but hoping not. Lions have not quit as stated above and deserve a good win. Green Bay is not the team of last year and quite beatable.

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

The Lions are on such a horrendous run that you are just setting yourself up for one of those losses that you get PTSD from. Get ready for those zoom lens shots of the Lions players and coaches at the end of the game as the clock is ticking away and you can sense their squirrily brains trying to figure out how the hell it happened again!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hills View Post
    I believe that game,12/12/10 was in Det.
    It was and it is the only time Rodgers has lost to the Lions..... Coincidentally he was knocked out of that game and did not play in the 2nd half.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Just read that there were extra tickets through the Packers at face value due to the Lions returning 200 tickets that are usually reserved for family/friends of the team. Not even their families want to watch that train wreck anymore.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Packers -6.5 is the absolute lock of the year.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Looks like that secret meeting had a real strong effect....

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Have th lions punted yet? Lol

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Lot of game left.

12 Last