coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Going Against the Grain this Thursday and taking Denver...Here is why

Before you guys remind me...I do know that it is a Huge divisional Rivalry and also know that it is a short week for Denver on Thursday and the Oakland coach's father has just passed away and yes....I am going against a DD homedog which hits at a clip of around 80%. So lets go to see why I am liking Denver.

1. First all the books opened up at 10.5 or greater, which at first glance would of selected Oakland
    2. Oakland is just horrible against the pass. Michael Huff as admitted that their Defense stinks. Drew Brees beat this team by 3 TD's and Manning was able to throw for over 300yds the last time they met.

3. The D-line of Oakland cannot stop Dumervil and Von Miller. Frankly they are too fast for them. Last time Oakland played Denver, they scored 6 pts without any turnovers. Along with a bad D-line, Oakland receivers are just plain bad. They drop passes and are just not running clean cut routes. You will see this EVERY week with Oakland.
    The biggest issue with Oakland as it is every year is their DISCIPLINE. Their work ethic stinks on both sides of the ball. It shows in their receivers, their D-line and the O-line in giving McFAdden the running game.

4. I put it this way, if Brandon Weeden is able to beat the Raiders by 10pts, in which they really did. Imagine Peyton. Placing all things aside, you have to cap what you see on the field. Look at the matchups.....Who really will be able to cover Moore and Decker. Plus you have one of the best O-lines in the NFL protecting Peyton.

Add this together and the line opening at 10.5 spells disaster to me for Oakland. Oakland's product on the field is just plain terrible and is regressing. Oakland had trouble with Blaine Gabbert.

Again, please give me a reason to bet Oakland based on what is on the field.

coitus_maximus

By the way: Quote from Huff himself.

""Week in and week out, it's like it's the same: can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. Things just aren't going well on defense. Right now, I guess we're just a bad defense. We can't really hide it."

You just can't change this overnight. Plus you now have Gaither at mlb. Good luck with that.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes the home division double digit Thursday night revenge dog sure jumps out at you. 23-2 but now everyone knows that, right?
    And Denver just clinched the AFCW, so maybe a letdown.
    BUT remember how relentless Manning is... when he was with Colts they would clinch something and still cover for weeks, he would keep pushing them.
    BUT they might be careful with Manning... dont want him dinged. And the Denver running game is not so hot missing # 1 RB. Though Oakland "D" is ca-ca.
    A key to a BIG favorite like this is effectivelyrunning the ball with the lead. Will they risk passing with a lead with Manning and his neck and all of that? I dunno.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

They clinched the divson but can still get a bye so they will push on my friend.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Yes the home division double digit Thursday night revenge dog sure jumps out at you. 23-2 but now everyone knows that, right?
    And Denver just clinched the AFCW, so maybe a letdown.
    BUT remember how relentless Manning is... when he was with Colts they would clinch something and still cover for weeks, he would keep pushing them.
    BUT they might be careful with Manning... dont want him dinged. And the Denver running game is not so hot missing # 1 RB. Though Oakland "D" is ca-ca.
    A key to a BIG favorite like this is effectivelyrunning the ball with the lead. Will they risk passing with a lead with Manning and his neck and all of that? I dunno.
    Knowshon Moreno has looked pretty good the past two weeks. He's a lot more decisive with his cuts and taking what the defense gives him. His production has been pretty good so far.

He's also rushing like his career depends on it, which it does, so he's not gonna phone it in whether or not they've clinched.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

I am a raiders homer - they suck- dd dogs home game thurs night blah blah blsh - if you suck - you suck! Dencer clinched but are still playing for a higher seed i dont see oakland keeping this within 2 td's

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

If the TB game is any indicator of what this teams offense will do to one of the better secondary's in the league, and what this teams defense will do to one of the more decent passing offenses in the league, and a pretty damn good rising star at RB, I just don't see how Denver doesn't steamroll the Raiders...??? I hate comparing apples to oranges, but the Raiders are like a rotten apple, and the Bucs a ripe orange...

iceman212
    iceman212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1704

GL, Denver by 17

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

And what happened vs the chiefs last week?

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anything... 19.5 TT seems pretty.... I mean extremely generous

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    I am a raiders homer - they suck- dd dogs home game thurs night blah blah blsh - if you suck - you suck! Dencer clinched but are still playing for a higher seed i dont see oakland keeping this within 2 td's
    wouldnt you think it a fair assumption that pretty much any team that dd home dogs "sucks"? yet they cover constantly...

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    If anything... 19.5 TT seems pretty.... I mean extremely generous
    It was close... still hit though. My 3 parlays are alive thanks to that -10 + win

coitus_maximus

Good hit. Just had to warn everyone on SBR. Just knew Oakland wouldn't cover