D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Houston at New England

Anyone have some insight on this game? I am thinking about Houston ML here.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

NE wins by 10+. Brady and Belichick rarely lose at home in December. Pats want to make a statement here. Houston has been getting by lately against bad teams. Defense is in shambles. Brady and Pats have a big day on offense. After they beat Houston get ready for the idiots on ESPN to jump on their nuts.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Will either team want to show their hands? They will play eachother again in the play offs. Houston takes the night off. Pats blow em out.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Overall Texans are more talented but Pats have Brady and are at home during this time of the year... that is were the edge comes in to Patriots in this very close matchup

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Why would Houston, at 11-1 take the night off, when NE, Balt and Denver are 9-3?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    NE wins by 10+. Brady and Belichick rarely lose at home in December. Pats want to make a statement here. Houston has been getting by lately against bad teams. Defense is in shambles. Brady and Pats have a big day on offense. After they beat Houston get ready for the idiots on ESPN to jump on their nuts.

Houston has been beating bad teams?? Look at who the Patriots have played the past 2 months.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Will either team want to show their hands? They will play eachother again in the play offs. Houston takes the night off. Pats blow em out.
    Highly unlikely.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Houston has been beating bad teams?? Look at who the Patriots have played the past 2 months.
    I'm sorry, I thought the Patriots took the Colts who are 8-4 to the woodshed recently. 59-24. Texans barely beating bad teams recently. Pats kill it in December in Foxboro. Enjoy laughing at your Texans ticket during the game.

Slimpickens

I'm sorry, I thought the Patriots took the Colts who are 8-4 to the woodshed recently. 59-24. Texans barely beating bad teams recently. Pats kill it in December in Foxboro. Enjoy laughing at your Texans ticket during the game.
    Your leaning on the Colts as there big recent victory. Im not a big fan in either of these teams going forward but to think the Patriots recent competition outshines the Texans is just rediculous.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Patriots are 1-4 ATS with spreads greater than -7 this season so I don't see them winning by 10+.....especially against Houston.

With home field advantage, the way to bet this game is Patriots 1st half if you can get it at -2.5 or better.

Aside from week 4, Patriots have led at the half by 3+ every game this season.

Stay away from the total. No leans either way but I will make a prediction:

Houston: 24
    Patriots: 28

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady in Foxboro... in December.... against a questionable secondary... and only laying 3.5 points... yes please. Think Pats D surprises some people in this one.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Since 2001 Pats are 18-1 at home in December. Bill B has always told his guys December is the launching pad for the playoffs and the Pats ALWAYS play their best football around this time. Pats have looked better and better every week, especially the opportunistic defense and Brady is playing out of his mind right now.

Pats are on their way up and Texans have leveled off hoping the line moves to 3 but already looking very juicy at 3.5. I have made a ton of dough riding Houston this year, but no one who is on their game to deny the value in a 3.5 spread on NE at home, on prime time tv in December. Probably one of the worst times to pick against Bill and Brady

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Patriots are 1-4 ATS with spreads greater than -7 this season so I don't see them winning by 10+.....especially against Houston.

With home field advantage, the way to bet this game is Patriots 1st half if you can get it at -2.5 or better.

Your prediction is lame as fukk. So you think the spread is spot on???

rocky16

The spread is -3 -120 in this game so how is 1-4 ATS with spreads higher than 7 relevant? They've also won 50% of their games this season by 10+.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Your prediction is lame as fukk. So you think the spread is spot on???
    Here....I'll add a field goal just to shut your ass up.

Patriots: 31

Are you happy now that my prediction mirrors the expert picks over at CBS Sports?

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us (Or embarrass yourself) by explaining why -1 field goal = lame as fukk.

SteveRyan

The spread is -3 -120 in this game so how is 1-4 ATS with spreads higher than 7 relevant? They've also won 50% of their games this season by 10+.
    Perhaps it is better to note that those games (The 50% you mentioned) were against crappy teams like the jets, colts, buffalo, rams and titans.

Patriots have had some mixed results this season having beat the jets by 3, then by 30; also buffalo by 30, then by 8.

Although it could happen, I do not believe that any of this should lead someone to think that the Pats will beat Houston by more than 10.

rocky16

Perhaps it is better to note that those games (The 50% you mentioned) were against crappy teams like the jets, colts, buffalo, rams and titans.

Patriots have had some mixed results this season having beat the jets by 3, then by 30; also buffalo by 30, then by 8.

Although it could happen, I do not believe that any of this should lead someone to think that the Pats will beat Houston by more than 10.
    I'm basing it on how NE and Houston are both playing right now and factoring in how well the Pats historically play at home in December.

rocky16

I'd also like to point out the Colts were listed as crappy by yourself when they're 8-4 and you forgot to include Denver in your list.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Everyone makes good points. I am thinking about Under 51 in this game now.