WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Philly has been more talented, and less successful since he left. They were perennial chokers, but wouldn't have even had to opportunity to choke without Mcnabb.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

guy could never get over the hump. he wins 1 SB he would probably go down as a hall of famer and the entire perception of Any reid and Mcnabb change forever. Too bad it never happened. going to 5 NFC championship games is no small achievement however consideraing Brady has been to 5 super bowls the 5 championship games mean very little.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was a bum for sure, but both teams are also running much better offenses geared towards the strengths of their teams now. Washington would suck dikk if they were asking RG3 to run the BS offense they had under McNabb. Probably the best "coaching" Shanahan has done in five years.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    manning didn't smile after throwing game deciding picks

mcnabb did

i know the game

i play for the pats practice squad

brady buys me steak dinners
    Aren't you supposed to be dead?

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    He was a bum for sure, but both teams are also running much better offenses geared towards the strengths of their teams now. Washington would suck dikk if they were asking RG3 to run the BS offense they had under McNabb. Probably the best "coaching" Shanahan has done in five years.
    "He was a bum for sure" That is why we Philadelphia fans have the negative reputation as sports fans. We are so ungreateful The guy gave you something to cheer about for 10 years and you call him a bum for sure? I bet Cleveland, Buffalo or some other team would love to have those 10 years of good football. Amazing EaglesPhan, amazing Unless you meant to say that he was a bum for sure at the end of his career. Which I totally understand and agree.
    Last edited by altieriflyers; 12-03-12 at 05:35 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Dude, title of the thread is "Was McNabb a bum AT THE END OF HIS CAREER" ... he was under appreciated in Philly because he never won the "big game" - but he did alot for the franchise for near a decade. My problem with him was that I think he tried too hard in the last couple of years in Philly to be a "pure pocket passer" and almost refused to use his legs when there were clear running lanes. He certainly wasn't as quick as he was back in the day, but it was frustrating to watch him the last couple of years in Philly.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

I think it was a case of losing his self confidence due to having to start from scratch with new playbooks and new systems. He was IMO shocked when he was traded within the division. With all the scrutiny that followed that odd " within the division" trade, I think he heard it load and clear and quickly realized his limitations due to age, not knowing the new system /playbook, and trying to become a pure pocket passer, again, due to age. It seemed that he thought it would all be easier to handle than it actually was.

He seemed shell shocked almost from the start while with the Redskins , and that seemed to continue in Minn.

Was he a bum? Maybe he was. But circumstances and his handling of the situation made that come about. Not pure ability. However, I can see why fans from Wash. and Miinn. might say so.

As for Philly fans, well, they booed Santa Claus, pelted him with snow balls, cheered when M. Irvin lay motionless and was seriously hurt and was carted off, ( like him or not, that's brutal) beat the hell out of Chief Zee , the Redskins mascot, breaking his leg and ripping his cloths off, down to his drawers. His original Indian gear was completely destroyed. And, let's not forget how badly they booed McNabb on draft day .

They are way over the top but everybody knows that going in.

Ignorant of the game? No way. They are very intelligent about the game.

Ignorant about how to act? You tell me. And remember, it's some, not all.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    WOW, so you are saying that only 28 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL are not bums, the rest of them are because they have 0 championships, Kelly? Marino? etc, etc,
    Iīm glad you are a gambler instead of running a franchise or an owner kid.

ask any eagles, dolphins, bills fan what they would rather have a qb with a nice stat sheet or a superbowl.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    ask any eagles, dolphins, bills fan what they would rather have a qb with a nice stat sheet or a superbowl.
    (sigh) I give up. That was not the point. You take care son.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

(sigh) I give up. That was not the point. You take care son.

son and kid, i seriously hope you are older than me.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

It's obvious most of you didn't see McNabb play a lot over his career.
    Calling him a bum means you don't watch or know anything about football... I'll concede his final 2 seasons were a disaster, but sheesh... Guy has one of the best in the NFL for a long time and the real debate should be if he belongs in the HOF. Yes, seriously. If Jim Kelly is in, then McNabb should be a shoe-in.
    Points Awarded:

altieriflyers gave McBa1n 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    It's obvious most of you didn't see McNabb play a lot over his career.
    Calling him a bum means you don't watch or know anything about football... I'll concede his final 2 seasons were a disaster, but sheesh... Guy has one of the best in the NFL for a long time and the real debate should be if he belongs in the HOF. Yes, seriously. If Jim Kelly is in, then McNabb should be a shoe-in.

Final two seasons were a disaster=bum. Just semantics. Eagles and Both Skins and Vikings told McNabb to take a very long walk off of a pier.

EaglesPhan36

For sure, McNabb > Ricky Williams. All the Eagles "fans" who booed that day should be ashamed of themselves. I give Andy Reid and the personnel department great credit on that pick. It set them up to be a solid contender for 6-7 years without worrying about the position. The sad thing is that the Eagles never blessed him with the weapons they have now. If McNabb had Jackson, Maclin, Celek ... A RUNNING GAME ... he might be thought of differently at this stage and maybe never would have been shoved out of Philly.

I think the lasting impressions though are of a QB who struggled on the biggest of stages in the NFC CGs and Super Bowl when they needed him to be his best.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

With the Vikings, he was there only to collect a paycheck. He was the last one arriving to practice and the 1st to leave according to people in the Vikings organization. He had a great career with the Eagles, but mailed it in once he was traded to the Redskins.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    When they were going to the playoffs and the NFC championship game essentially every year. I dont have a great memory of what years umm 2000 to 2004 maybe.
    U don't have a great memory that the Eagles had a dominating defense that carried his bums ass. Most overrated quarterback who ever played the game.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    For sure, McNabb > Ricky Williams. All the Eagles "fans" who booed that day should be ashamed of themselves. I give Andy Reid and the personnel department great credit on that pick. It set them up to be a solid contender for 6-7 years without worrying about the position. The sad thing is that the Eagles never blessed him with the weapons they have now. If McNabb had Jackson, Maclin, Celek ... A RUNNING GAME ... he might be thought of differently at this stage and maybe never would have been shoved out of Philly.

I think the lasting impressions though are of a QB who struggled on the biggest of stages in the NFC CGs and Super Bowl when they needed him to be his best.
    If that piece of shit would have went to the two teams Couch and Akilly went to (Cincy and Cleveland)he would have been out of the league just like those two. He benefited from a dominating defense unlike those other two who went to shiitholes with siv D's. When all u jackoffs thought he was great because this is what the leagues announcers wanted u to believe, he got hurt and Aj Feely came in and won 6 out of 7 and if Aikers didn't shank a FG it would have been 7 out of 7. Shitty AJ Feely usuing a dominating defense behind him. Get it now?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    U don't have a great memory that the Eagles had a dominating defense that carried his bums ass. Most overrated quarterback who ever played the game.
    What a stupid statement to make. Clueless motherfukker.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    What a stupid statement to make. Clueless motherfukker.
    im clueless? i guess u think Alex Smith is great also right? another guy benefiting from a great defense. Without that he is another below average quarterback. Let me help nitwits like yourself. These quarterbacks with great defenses have it a lot easier than others. Mcnab finally went to a team with a shitty defense and he was exposed. no more getting the ball at his opponents 40 drive after drive. Shanahan knew the guy was a bum and pushed him right out of the league. Eagles defense started to suck near the end of Mcnabs career and this is when he started getting exposed for people who didn't know any better or who have no lick of talent evaluation skills like you.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

im clueless? i guess u think Alex Smith is great also right? another guy benefiting from a great defense. Without that he is another below average quarterback. Let me help nitwits like yourself. These quarterbacks with great defenses have it a lot easier than others. Mcnab finally went to a team with a shitty defense and he was exposed. no more getting the ball at his opponents 40 drive after drive. Shanahan knew the guy was a bum and pushed him right out of the league. Eagles defense started to suck near the end of Mcnabs career and this is when he started getting exposed for people who didn't know any better or who have no lick of talent evaluation skills like you.
    Shanny has a say in personnel. Why did he trade for McNabb if he knew he was a bum?

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i say mcnabb was one of the most overrated qbs in the history of nfl.
    I agree [most overrated is Favre]. P. Manning and Brady are the same age as McNabb, and he's been washed up for at least 4 years now.
    He had a very nice stretch of play for the eagles, but I will always think that the strength of that team was jimmy johnson's defenses.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

If that piece of shit would have went to the two teams Couch and Akilly went to (Cincy and Cleveland)he would have been out of the league just like those two. He benefited from a dominating defense unlike those other two who went to shiitholes with siv D's. When all u jackoffs thought he was great because this is what the leagues announcers wanted u to believe, he got hurt and Aj Feely came in and won 6 out of 7 and if Aikers didn't shank a FG it would have been 7 out of 7. Shitty AJ Feely usuing a dominating defense behind him. Get it now?
    Yes, he was a bum, specially when he played an entire game on a broken ankle and threw four touchdown passes, because Couch and Akili would difinitly perform better in that situation.
    By the way,, Feely won 4 of 5.

Thor4140

Yes, he was a bum, specially when he played an entire game on a broken ankle and threw four touchdown passes, because Couch and Akili would difinitly perform better in that situation.
    By the way,, Feely won 4 of 5.
    1 game against that great Arizona defense? Oh and by the way Feely was 5 or 6 which would have been 6 for 6 if not for Aikers shank against the giants. This is where u idiots have no idea what you are talking about. Feely a rookie i believe comes in and performs just like Mcnab. Shitty but with a defense carrying him. Just like Alex Smith. You know how much easier it is to play quarterback with a defense that always keeps u in the game? I guess u think Dilfer was a stud also since he won a superbowl.

EaglesPhan36

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2002/aj-feeley

He won against four teams that missed the playoffs. Not exactly Murderer's Row. It's no secret that under Reid the Eagles have usually game planned better with back-up QBs. Look at this year with Foles. The last two games - they RUN THE BALL and have as close to a 50-50 mix of pass-run as they get in this offense. McNabb won games in the regular season, that is his best attribute. He won without solid weapons. He did not play well in the postseason with the exception of the year they made the Super Bowl and had T.O.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

1 game against that great Arizona defense? Oh and by the way Feely was 5 or 6 which would have been 6 for 6 if not for Aikers shank against the giants. This is where u idiots have no idea what you are talking about. Feely a rookie i believe comes in and performs just like Mcnab. Shitty but with a defense carrying him. Just like Alex Smith. You know how much easier it is to play quarterback with a defense that always keeps u in the game? I guess u think Dilfer was a stud also since he won a superbowl.
    Stubborn mule, deviating from the discussion point. Read the complete thread to see if I think Dilfer is a stud. You throw Akili and Couch to the table and you canīt even defend your angle. Itīs clear you donīt like McNabb for whatever reason,that is totally fine, to each itīs own, but calling us idiots or dimwits because we are giving credit where credit is due is childish. The guy won games and went to 6 pro bowls, I donīt care if it was because of Johnsonīs defense scheme or not, or because of another factors of the game. If McNabb is your definition of a bum QB ( yes you can argue that he was overrated, yes definitely he was a bum at the end of his career) with the numbers he had in college and with the eagles, then Thor you are the one with the problem in talent evaluation skills or you are just plain bitter.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I have his jersey.....so he must have been good. ..lol

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

McNabb was better than alot of QBs during his time

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Other than a season and a half with Owens who else did he have to throw too??

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

No one good: Todd Pinkston, James Trash, Mr. 4th and 26 Freddie Mitchell as receivers and Duce Staley.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

McNabb is not on a roster and the Arizona Cardinals have three third string qbs rotating starts. Something smells fishy or McNabb just absolutely cannot play anymore or couldn't play in Philly, Skins, or Minny either.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    McNabb is not on a roster and the Arizona Cardinals have three third string qbs rotating starts. Something smells fishy or McNabb just absolutely cannot play anymore or couldn't play in Philly, Skins, or Minny either.
    Posts #42 and #49 are spot on.
    In my point of view he absolutely cannot play anymore, I think he is washed up. And most likely doesnīt care as he showed with his attitude in Minn. Maybe he is happy with the gig in the NFL network.

First 12