hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Brady's stats are better than Montana. Brady has more TDs, more yards, higher percentage, higher rating (102.5/92.5), fewer INT's.

Brady's numbers are better than Montana's in every single category.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

What ifs haha Terry Bradshaw isn't even in top 150 career passer rating yeah sure top 10. And a Brady is the greatest thread seconds after he throws a wide open TD. Whose embarrassing themself?

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    What ifs haha Terry Bradshaw isn't even in top 150 career passer rating yeah sure top 10. And a Brady is the greatest thread seconds after he throws a wide open TD. Whose embarrassing themself?
    World's softest argument.. Congrats bro.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

It deff helps when you got someone in your ear on what the defense is playing,but I agree he is one of the greatest cheats of all time, I give him props

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    It deff helps when you got someone in your ear on what the defense is playing,but I agree he is one of the greatest cheats of all time, I give him props
    Another fukkin crybaby.. lol.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Brady's stats are better than Montana. Brady has more TDs, more yards, higher percentage, higher rating (102.5/92.5), fewer INT's.

Check playoff numbers.

/thread

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post

Montana 4 rings- 0 losses in Superbowl. Brady 3-2. Brady playing in the passing era. They used to run the football in the old days.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

The FG kicker was the MVP of those 3 super bowls...even if he did not win the award. Brady owes the the tuck rule for a ring too

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Rivers has a better QB rating than Montana. Same with Romo.

Not hard to do these days.

Lot harder to be a 14 point favorite in the Super Bowl and lose.

Nats' Fan

Okay.. Can we just agree Brady is one bad motherfuker. You gotta at least put in in the top 5.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Rivers has a better QB rating than Montana. Same with Romo.

Not hard to do these days.

Lot harder to be a 14 point favorite in the Super Bowl and lose.
    Well, Brady won a Super Bowl as a 14 point dog also

hockey216

Montana's playoff numbers are a little better than brady's.. except for win percentage.

but for their careers, Brady's stats are better in every single category.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Montana 4 rings- 0 losses in Superbowl. Brady 3-2. Brady playing in the passing era. They used to run the football in the old days.
    Montana played well. but all those superbowls were won by their defense. their defense gave up 10 points, 16 points, 16 points, 21 points (earliest).

Not hard to win when ur defense only allows 10-16 points.

But yes montana's playoff numbers are a little better. The playoff games should be weighted more, but you still have to understand that they are only 10% of a guy's career. 90% of your career is during the regular season.

Brady's numbers are higher in every single category (yards, TD's, rating, completion percentage, fewer interceptions). Brady has higher career numbers in every single category.

Brady threw for 5,235 yards last season. Montana was in the 3,000's every single year.
    Last edited by hockey216; 11-22-12 at 09:48 PM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Well, Brady won a Super Bowl as a 14 point dog also

true. He did also not cover any double digit spread the year the were perfect in the playoffs.

paco

true. He did also not cover any double digit spread the year the were perfect in the playoffs.
    True but We are talking about wins and greatness of a Qb . Not from a gambling perspective

lakerboy

True but We are talking about wins and greatness of a Qb . Not from a gambling perspective

you brought up the 14 point dog thing. i already pointed out that i will fade hime in the playoffs and cash out. i showed in this thread that it works year in and year out. He is not the best qb ever. The best dont lose games like he did to the giants.

paco

you brought up the 14 point dog thing. i already pointed out that i will fade hime in the playoffs and cash out. i showed in this thread that it works year in and year out. He is not the best qb ever. The best dont lose games like he did to the giants.
    I only bought up the 14 point dog to answer k13's comment about Brady losing as a 14 point fav lol.

As for the first sb loss. Come on man, David tyree made a super catch and defense gave that game away.

hockey216

the giants had a great defense. Brady had the pats winning with 2 minutes left. Then the pats defense choked. not brady's fault. Manning went on a TD drive in last few minutes of 4th qtr. He had that crazy play where he dodged a sack and threw it downfield to a receiver who caught it after it bounced off his head. Brady had pats winning late in both games. Not Brady's fault his defense couldn't hold a lead and coughed up touchdowns late in 4th qtr. Giants were a good team too. Not like Brady lost to some slouch.

And yes i never bet the pats ATS. they are a public team and lines are always inflated. i bet buffalo against them last week. pats ATS record doesn't mean brady sucks. It just means vegas inflates the lines so they can beat the public. Pats should not have been a 14 point favorite. 14 points is a ton of points. Even against a shit team. Let alone against a good team like giants. anyone with a brain knew that.

yea brady lost last 2 superbowls because defense choked in last 2minutes... but he should still get credit for getting to superbowl. and he still has 3 rings. he's got 5 super bowl appearances. That's pretty damn good. his superbowl win percentage is still 3-2. and he started his playoff career 9-0. He's 16-6 in the playoffs. That's pretty good. Tom Brady isn't a slouch.
    Last edited by hockey216; 11-22-12 at 10:03 PM.

Micro
    Micro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Brees #1

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    Brees #1
    Yeah sure, ghost.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Montana is the greatest but I agree Brady is #2. I think its pretty clear-cut to be honest. Somebody make a case for any other name besides Montana?

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

I only bought up the 14 point dog to answer k13's comment about Brady losing as a 14 point fav lol.

As for the first sb loss. Come on man, David tyree made a super catch and defense gave that game away.
    brady did choke

they had the best offense of all time and only scored 14 points

pathetic offensive game by the patriots

if anything their defense played well to hold their opponent to 17 points in a superbowl game

lakerboy

Elway was pretty good as well. Lost to the 49ers ( which imo was the best team ever assembled) and lost to a great giants squad and a solid skins squad. He beat a great gb team with favre and reggie white. Atl win was a gimme.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    brady did choke

if anything their defense played well to hold their opponent to 17 points in a superbowl game

No he did not choke. In fact he led them on what would have been the game-winning drive if not for a miracle play. They had trouble scoring because Belichick refused to add protection against the giants great passrush.

hockey216

brady did choke

Brady was winning with 2min left in the 4th qtr. Pats defense choked and allowed manning to go 80 yards in 2mins along with a miracle play in order to win it. Pats defense blew that game. Brady had them winning with 2min left. Not his fault the defense couldn't hold the lead for 2 more freaking minutes.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by Nats' Fan View Post
    Okay.. Can we just agree Brady is one bad motherfuker. You gotta at least put in in the top 5.
    Absolutely correct sir.

t-wizzle

Elway was pretty good as well. Lost to the 49ers ( which imo was the best team ever assembled) and lost to a great giants squad and a solid skins squad. He beat a great gb team with favre and reggie white. Atl win was a gimme.
    But you can't put him ahead of Brady.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    But you can't put him ahead of Brady.

no i cant. I will put ELi ahead of though one day.

t-wizzle

no i cant. I will put ELi ahead of though one day.
    So you think Eli will be the best qb all-time behind Montana?

lakerboy

So you think Eli will be the best qb all-time behind Montana?
    Lets see. He has along way to go. I dont care about reg season stats. Winning is all that matters. If he wins 4 superbowls and loses none he will surely have done alot to put his name there. I mean the guy is 8-3 in the playoffs and has won more road playoff games than any qb.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

nah the giants deserved to win those 2 superbowls
    Wait a minute fella...1st one yes, the NY D-line played animalistic.
    But the last one??? C`mon man. Asante Samuel drops a pick he catches 98 out of 100 times and game over.
    Everything that happened after that was a tad lucky.

t-wizzle

Lets see. He has along way to go. I dont care about reg season stats. Winning is all that matters. If he wins 4 superbowls and loses none he will surely have done alot to put his name there. I mean the guy is 8-3 in the playoffs and has won more road playoff games than any qb.
    Completely agree winning is all that matters. That's why I've never put Peyton in my top 5. Guy is clearly a great quarterback but it doesn't mean shit when you look at how he has performed in the playoffs.

I don't think Eli will win any more super bowls though. 16-6 with 3 rings for Brady is pretty damn good. Certainly good enough to be the best besides Montana in my opinion.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Top 5 QBs of all time: 1. Joe Montana 2. Tom Brady 3. Brett Favre 4. Kurt Warner 5. Dan Marino

lakerboy

Completely agree winning is all that matters. That's why I've never put Peyton in my top 5. Guy is clearly a great quarterback but it doesn't mean shit when you look at how he has performed in the playoffs.

I don't think Eli will win any more super bowls though. 16-6 with 3 rings for Brady is pretty damn good. Certainly good enough to be the best besides Montana in my opinion.

I bet you never thought ELi would win another one after the first one. Dont lie bro you didnt think he would.

t-wizzle

I bet you never thought ELi would win another one after the first one. Dont lie bro you didnt think he would.
    Nope and I don't think you did either pal. You and I both bet against him time after time during their super bowl run last year.

First 1234 Last