Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

NEW ORLEANS at OAKLAND and the line?????

I have watched Oakland twice this year, and both times they were horrible, so why is this line -5 New Orleans so low, and what is even more surprising is that I see a few -4.5 out there? I would think New Orleans would destroy the Raiders.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Traveling to west coast, Saints are 1-3 on the road and have a bad defense, and have only won a game by more than 1 score once. I'm not thrilled to lay over a FG here, line seems right to me

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Tough spot here. For me it comes down to trusting Brees over Palmer, and I got it in -4.5 before it moves closer to 7 with all that public money.

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

I caught it at 4.5 as well. Raiders are a mess right now. No run game, no D. Can't see Palmer just outdueling Brees. Multi unit play to say the least.

Urbanwildlife

The Raiders just looked so shitty the 3 games that I watched them, including the game against Jacksonville that they had to come back and win in the 4th quarter, and I just do not see how they can stand up to the offense of the Saints even though the Saints do not have any type of defense for that matter. The other thing, is the Raiders are missing there top two running backs.

Urbanwildlife

As I am looking at the schedule, they have lost every game by more than 10 points with the exception of there game with Atlanta, with there record standing at 3-6. There wins came against the Steelers, Jaguars and Chiefs.

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

-5 on road = -10.5 if the game were in NO (-7.5 if it were neutral field and 3 more as the superdome is one of the better HF adv) so -5 is exactly right - remember what oak did to pit as a +4.5 and also on the road at ATL +9 - yes, oak has major problems but should get either goodson or mcfadden back if not both and keep in mind they outgained balt this week on the road in a place where balt doesnt lose - oak could have won last week but instead just oaked it up and lost by 35 LOL - someone above mentioned NO travelling west being a factor and while that is true the bigger factor is this Tebow-esque mission Brees is on to will his team back to relevance

i havent decided yet if i am going to use NO in the supercontest this week or not but i really could see this game being 34-31 just as much as NO winning 41-21 - i will likely lay off this one and be betting on and against the winner and loser respectively for the remainder of the year as this game will tell us a lot about whether or not oak can ever be bet again this year and if NO wins by 6+ in this letdown spot off emotional win vs. atl then that will confirm the fact that we can use NO for the next 6 weeks as legit playoff contenders

best of luck guys - hope you all have a great week
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

saints or no play and honestly i like the under lol cant beleave imma say this but oak is a guaranteed 24-31 points a gm and so is brees so i like the over

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Darren McFadden..... can't see them getting their running game started. Oakland might put some points up against these Saints, but Brees will outduel him. if you can't pick a side, take the over

Urbanwildlife

BabyMatrix27
    BabyMatrix27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brees will torch the Oakland secondary and no way Palmer will be able to keep up with Saints offense... lately Saints defense has stepped up in crucial plays. If you got it at -4.5, thats a winner since right now its at -6. Love Saints to cover by a TD or more and the Over looks good

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Under

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMatrix27 View Post
    Brees will torch the Oakland secondary and no way Palmer will be able to keep up with Saints offense... lately Saints defense has stepped up in crucial plays. If you got it at -4.5, thats a winner since right now its at -6. Love Saints to cover by a TD or more and the Over looks good
    It is -4.5 still everywhere.

You guys blew the same load on the Steelers vs Raiders.

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

if the KC Cheifs can beat the Saints, I am sure the better AFC West team, the RAIDERS can keep it close.. I like the OVER here and think that it is the safest play for this match up

Saints 38
    Raiders 34

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stack-N-Chips View Post
    if the KC Cheifs can beat the Saints, I am sure the better AFC West team, the RAIDERS can keep it close.. I like the OVER here and think that it is the safest play for this match up

Saints 38
    Raiders 34

The total has gone OVER in six of New Orleans' nine games this season and the Raiders have allowed 97 points over the last two weeks.