trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

McNair

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Elway could run and Moon could certainly pass. But yes this theory does hold true more often than not it seems!

WarEagle205
    WarEagle205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 923

Yeah that Warren Moon guy had a pretty good arm I think

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Romo is the worst game manager of all time.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Locker one of the best runners in the league

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Rodgers?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

jake locker

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Steve Young.

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

This is interesting, because I do think race is a factor in .... SPORTS! I'm actually in the process of compiling stats to handicap based on race. (as part of a whole) Seems to me that when you have a person of color in a managerial role (QB) they do not tend to fair as well as their caucasian counterparts. Not racist, just sayin'. I've suspected this for years and I'm now having an excel spreadsheet devoted to it. Having said that, there's actually overwhelming stats that a black WR does better than a white one. White QB with black WRs? Duh!

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

rarely is a black qb any good

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    This is interesting, because I do think race is a factor in .... SPORTS! I'm actually in the process of compiling stats to handicap based on race. (as part of a whole) Seems to me that when you have a person of color in a managerial role (QB) they do not tend to fair as well as their caucasian counterparts. Not racist, just sayin'. I've suspected this for years and I'm now having an excel spreadsheet devoted to it. Having said that, there's actually overwhelming stats that a black WR does better than a white one. White QB with black WRs? Duh!
    Like Kevin Sumlin at Texas A&M....prob their biggest win ever

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Simple answer to the question is who has been winning the rings? Sorry but it's overwhelming in the favor of the "prototype" QB who happens to be white most often. When is the last time a run 1st QB with decent at best passing ability went to or won a SB? Doug Williams, McNabb, McNair could all throw and were not run 1st guys.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 11-13-12 at 12:54 PM.

thezamfamily
    thezamfamily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Superbowl 46 in total

White QB winners 45
    Black QB winners 1 ( that dude could throw )

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Another stupid and racist post.....working for Fox News could make you more than losing money at sports you don't understand.
    Strange, race was not mentioned in my post but you chose to call it stupid and racist. Someone is very sensitive and probably black

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Griffin is playing almost perfect the Redskins just have no players around him
    Bullshit. Redskins have more talent then the Colts. Yet the Colts are 6-3 while Skins are 3-6. Either RGIII sucks or luck is great. Either way Luck clearly much better then RGIII.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball manager Alvin Dark on the mental capabilities of darkies:

"They are just not able to perform up to the white player when it comes to mental alertness."

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Look at this list of Wonderlic scores by position and tell me you see no correlation with race.

Stereotypes are usually true or else they wouldn't have been able to ever catch on in the first place. Exceptions here and there don't disprove generalities. And we're not just being racist or else we would say that white QBs are better at everything, including running. Acknowledging the fact that some people are generally better at some things than other people isn't racism.

tripled83
    tripled83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Steve young was a great runner, luck is a good runner, Randall Cunningham was a great thrower.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Bullshit. Redskins have more talent then the Colts. Yet the Colts are 6-3 while Skins are 3-6. Either RGIII sucks or luck is great. Either way Luck clearly much better then RGIII.
    Colts have the easiest schedule in the league.

Stop looking at records.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tripled83 View Post
    Randall Cunningham was a great thrower.
    But could not read defenses at all.

rm18
    Update your status

Colts are a better team especially with the Redskins losing 3 defensive starters and their top pass catcher Davis for the year. Griffin has better numbers, and passes the eye test slightly better because of more drops/horrible receivers though they both are among the best rookie QB's of all time

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Look at this list of Wonderlic scores by position and tell me you see no correlation with race.

Stereotypes are usually true or else they wouldn't have been able to ever catch on in the first place. Exceptions here and there don't disprove generalities. And we're not just being racist or else we would say that white QBs are better at everything, including running. Acknowledging the fact that some people are generally better at some things than other people isn't racism.
    offensives tackles are the smartest

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Colts are a better team especially with the Redskins losing 3 defensive starters and their top pass catcher Davis for the year. Griffin has better numbers, and passes the eye test slightly better because of more drops/horrible receivers though they both are among the best rookie QB's of all time
    10 years from now people will laugh at the notion of comparing RG3 to Luck...

Half of being a great QB has nothing to do with what happens between the whistles...

RG3 will be just like Vick 6 years from now... Slower, Hurt all the time, and being booed by fans...

Meanwhile, Luck and Rodgers will have faced eachother in a few Super Bowls...

People have been around for 100's of Thousands of years... Things are what they are...

rm18
    Update your status

Thats what I thought coming into the year but Griffin has impressed me, though he may not be able to stay healthy. Griffin is a lot like Vick except he is more accurate though which gives him a pretty significant edge. And Vick was a good player would of been a top 10 QB for 10+ years if he did not go to jail.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13

ericool007
    ericool007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3953

while we are talking about race who loves rooting for danny Amendola cause hes an average sized white boy reciever and cause i drafted him late in all 3 of my fantasy leagues lol.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois University QB, 6th in nation in rushing yards.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17828

warren moon def could throw

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 427

Leftwich throws bullets, may not be too smart or that great of a game manager but he throws bullets

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

ppl wanna talk about fading the black guy all time i find it funny because the only position on the football field that isnt black dominated is the qb or the lb n ol and thats because you dont have to be athletic to play those positions oh and fb they're all white too think about it CB,FS,SS,RB,WR,DE and soon to be QB are all dominated by the superior athlete ala the black man better yet the minority would be a better word and its not football minorities as a whole dominate sports baseball is hispanic and chinese dominated basketball theres 1 maybe 2 white players per team except Minnesota and NFL i mentioned above if NHL wasnt played on ice minorities would dominate that sh!t too oh and soccer thats on lock too SO LOL AT ALL THE IDIOTS WHO FADE THE BLACK MAN WHO THROWS THE BALL BUT CHEER FOR THE BLACK MAN TO CATCH IT AND MAKE TACKLES AND PIC OFF BALLS AND RETURN KICKS

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Leftwich throws bullets, may not be too smart or that great of a game manager but he throws bullets
    Yea thats why hes a backup cuz he throws such bullets...Leftwich fuckin blows, its a Christmas miracle he put up 3 points in order to win that Steelers game, if they hadnt intercepted in OT everyone was gettin torched on their Monday night moneylines

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    ppl wanna talk about fading the black guy all time i find it funny because the only position on the football field that isnt black dominated is the qb or the lb n ol and thats because you dont have to be athletic to play those positions oh and fb they're all white too think about it CB,FS,SS,RB,WR,DE and soon to be QB are all dominated by the superior athlete ala the black man better yet the minority would be a better word and its not football minorities as a whole dominate sports baseball is hispanic and chinese dominated basketball theres 1 maybe 2 white players per team except Minnesota and NFL i mentioned above if NHL wasnt played on ice minorities would dominate that sh!t too oh and soccer thats on lock too SO LOL AT ALL THE IDIOTS WHO FADE THE BLACK MAN WHO THROWS THE BALL BUT CHEER FOR THE BLACK MAN TO CATCH IT AND MAKE TACKLES AND PIC OFF BALLS AND RETURN KICKS
    White guys are actually pretty good at DE for some reason, Watt and Allen are probably the best in the league

First 123 Last