Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

NFC South Showdown Encore: New Orleans @ Tampa Bay . . .

I like Tampa Bay here in a close intervisional game 5-2 road vs
    2-5 home ~ I just like the home team, that simple. They need the win more and were playing well before the NYG anomaly.
    NO lost at home after a lot of winning and now have to go on
    the road into a hostile interdivisional house, potentially with the pitch of their belief in themselves diminished. I will be interested to see how Peyton manages, because I think this
    is the first time, as a HC that he's been tested in this regard.
    That is, having to motivate his team after a built up winning feeling has been smashed by a covincing home loss followed
    immediately by a road game . . . I like TB situationally here.

Philippe27
    Philippe27's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Saints fan so may be biased here but Saints did not get outplayed vs the Ravens they just made bad mistakes at the wrong time and bounces didn't go their way. Coach Payton will make sure those turnovers don't happen and I expect them to come out strong and win by 10 or so.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe27
    I am a Saints fan so may be biased here but Saints did not get outplayed vs the Ravens they just made bad mistakes at the wrong time and bounces didn't go their way. Coach Payton will make sure those turnovers don't happen and I expect them to come out strong and win by 10 or so.
    I'm an NO fan too, Philippe27 . . . though I guess you wouldn't know it from my post. I think Payton's a great HC and partners well with Brees. Payton was DALLAS's QB coach
    and did well there with what he had and I've always thought Brees was a fine QB that just needed to be in the right situation and with NO, I think he is. And then you throw in
    Deuce and Bush and the strong secondary. My guess is that
    BALT will try to run into the weak linebacking corps.
    My original thinking was that NO might be in for a bit of an
    emotional letdown after playing BALT tough, but losing.
    Some teams take a game to get their wind back from that
    scenario. Build their confidence up . . .

You've made me think twice about HC Peyton's ability to
    motivate and so, I think I'll just enjoy this game without a
    play, after all . . .