JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Dallas is Dallas, always a drama-fest shit storm brewing. Out of nowhere they win big against a playoff contender, win a few games....and then sizzle out before the post season. Once that team gets a good structure in place, they'll be fine. Are they still using Ryan Cook as a center? Lol

Philly is in a grave situation. Obviously they make major moves this off season.
    It's week 10, your offensive line is in shambles...underachieving talent. Todd Bowles as a Dcoordinator a complete disappointment this far. you're phucked. Start evacuation plan.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

i agree, all the way around, philly is a mess..

but serious question...

would any team in football be in good shape if they lost 4 out of their 5 starting offensive linemen?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    i agree, all the way around, philly is a mess..

but serious question...

would any team in football be in good shape if they lost 4 out of their 5 starting offensive linemen?
    nope

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the start of this year I tweaked my system by developing a stat that measures team smarts (stupidity). It is a calculation of turnover margins, percentage points off turnovers, penalty yardage for and against and special teams play.

Here are this weeks rankings. None should really be that surprising to the astute handicapper. Smartest is the highest ranked. The rankings certainly show why some less talented teams win or cover games. It also points out the glaring stupidity of Detroit, Dallas and Philly who rank quite highly in the skill stats but can't cover a fukkin game to save their lives most Sundays.

1 Miami
    2 Green Bay
    3 New England
    4 Cleveland
    5 Atlanta
    6 Seattle
    7 Baltimore
    7 Chicago
    9 Minnesota
    10 NY Giants
    11 NY Jets
    12 Buffalo
    12 Carolina
    12 Jacksonville
    15 Denver
    16 Oakland
    16 San Diego
    18 Houston
    19 Washington
    20 Tampa Bay
    21 New Orleans
    22 Tennessee
    23 Cincinnati
    24 Indianapolis
    24 Pittsburgh
    24 San Francisco
    27 Dallas
    28 Arizona
    29 Kansas City
    30 Philadelphia
    31 St. Louis
    32 Detroit
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave billysink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Dallas is a better team

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    At the start of this year I tweaked my system by developing a stat that measures team smarts (stupidity). It is a calculation of turnover margins, percentage points off turnovers, penalty yardage for and against and special teams play.

Here are this weeks rankings. None should really be that surprising to the astute handicapper. Smartest is the highest ranked. The rankings certainly show why some less talented teams win or cover games. It also points out the glaring stupidity of Detroit, Dallas and Philly who rank quite highly in the skill stats but can't cover a fukkin game to save their lives most Sundays.

1 Miami
    2 Green Bay
    3 New England
    4 Cleveland
    5 Atlanta
    6 Seattle
    7 Baltimore
    7 Chicago
    9 Minnesota
    10 NY Giants
    11 NY Jets
    12 Buffalo
    12 Carolina
    12 Jacksonville
    15 Denver
    16 Oakland
    16 San Diego
    18 Houston
    19 Washington
    20 Tampa Bay
    21 New Orleans
    22 Tennessee
    23 Cincinnati
    24 Indianapolis
    24 Pittsburgh
    24 San Francisco
    27 Dallas
    28 Arizona
    29 Kansas City
    30 Philadelphia
    31 St. Louis
    32 Detroit
    good idea...few surprise me a little, pit being so low 1 that really sticks out...

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    good idea...few surprise me a little, pit being so low 1 that really sticks out...
    Pitt and San Fran had me looking to see whether I fukked up the calculation.

Have a look at Pittsburgh's penalty yardage and San Francisco's special teams. Surprised the fukk outta me.

Cleveland too. Other than punt return yardage allowed they play very smart football across the board. They are just woefully short on talent.

quantifyTHAT
    quantifyTHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those skins are disappointing...

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Both have burned me beyond belief. The way I bet on these teams still at times I should be living in a box 10x over. I don't give a SHIT about either much less which one is more "screwed up and I really hope both go down in flames at this point.

Butthurt as penetrate and IDGAFOS

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Eagles knows how to dominate the Cowboys. Dallas is the worst of the two.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Eagles oline is a mess right now, I think philly is more messed up, but then again Dallas is more minus turnovers -11 to -9

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

What people need to understand is that Dallas is not any good and hasn't been in about 15 years. We can call Philly "screwed up" this year because a Head Coach/System that reached four consecutive NFC championship games has now fallen apart. Dallas on the other hand is simply over-hyped every single year, yet they aren't actually any good. This new generation of fan is too caught up in fantasy football and they don't understand how the sport actually works. Just because Romo, Murray, Austin, Bryant, and Witten are on everyone's fantasy team, it doesn't mean Dallas is going to win a playoff game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so who are you guys betting on this week in this matchup?

i like taking home teams but i personally think Dallas win this game. Its really tough for me to back Dallas but I see their pass rush having a field day against the Eagles O-line and getting to Vick early and often.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

More "screwed up" team: Dallas or Philly

Dysfunctional dead heat.......

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

The Eagles just lost Herremans for the year. They will not be able to run, or protect the passer. Cowboys win.

First 12