wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

You hear it every week

and generally people are wrong, but I can tell you without a doubt books got destroyed yesterday.

A lot of time people just assume, but everything, and I mean everything hit. Every ML fav hit every teaser hit, there were a few buy backs they hit.

I would say yesterday might be the worst day the books have seen this millennium. It really was that bad.

So if you lose money yesterday you can kid yourself and say "I must be sharp because all the squares cashed".

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

your right...I almost slapped them in the face too....8/9 in a 9 team....4/5 in another and hit straights as well....lotta parlays cashed....

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I teased the Jags up. I have bet the NFL for THREE YEARS and never had a winning season. You see why.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/n...-michaels-call

“This was the perfect storm that has been brewing for the entire season,” said South Point sports book director Bert Osborne. “It’s a disaster.”
    “I’ve been here (LVH Super Book) eight-and-a-half years, and this is the worst day I’ve had,” said LVH Super Book vice president Jay Kornegay.
    “This could rival won of the worst Sunday’s we’ve ever had since I’ve been running a book,” said Osborne, a 25-year veteran of running books for Michael Gaughan’s properties.
    Last edited by JakeLc; 11-05-12 at 09:41 AM.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

they'll get it all back as i can recall for the past 4 years the week before thanksgiving is when public always get buried.

wantitall4moi

well it will be interesting to see how many offshore places extend their slow pay practices even more.

But it is also the new age of booking where even places in Vegas have a lot of one way action so they are in essence gambling. No way should books be getting crushed if they were actually bookmaking and not book keeping. I am really surprised it doesnt happen more often, but they have been pretty lucky until yesterday. But if that article is true they lost about 15-20% of what they should expect to make in a typical NFL season, Vegas generally makes 50-55 million a year profit on football action (that includes everything, parlay cards, teaser cards, sides, totals, props, etc also both NFL and NCAA, but NFL probably accounts for 80% of that figure so 40-45 million).

But they have also seen dips in their overall takes the past few years so it is clear they have changed how they do business especially in regards to the football games.

I knew it was bad but I didnt think it was the worst ever, but then again a lot more people gambling these days than in the past despite everyone being broke (supposedly).

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

This type of weekend is the best thing to happen to the books. It gives the squares hope and they come out in droves the rest of the season.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    This type of weekend is the best thing to happen to the books. It gives the squares hope and they come out in droves the rest of the season.
    it's like hitting a single in baseball. it's not really a plus if the next batter hits into a double play.

Umad Brasiek
    Umad Brasiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Won big on my last 3-4 bets that I even started second guessing myself before the Falcons game, eventually stayed away. But wish I hadn't.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You're just assuming. You are an idiot if you think the books got destroyed based on the false percentages they feed the public. They do that so that you fade them, so in actuality, the public got pounded taking the opposite of what these free sites were trying to get them to take. Joke is on them.

Sincerely,
    Smutbucket

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Really, this started on Saturday night when Oregon covered, K-State covered, Clemson covered, the LSU/Bama under hit and Bama won to cover every tease and ML parlay imaginable. Then you get the Sunday bloodbath, which was start to finish the cleanest sweep I've ever seen the public make. Usually on these days, you at least see an occasional upset or dog hit SU that ruins parlays, teases, etc. Not yesterday.

Books did what they could to adjust their lines and burn the Sunday morning bettors. Numbers were moving in the direction of favorites like the Lions, Broncos, Bears and Ravens, but it wasn't enough. You thought they'd get at least one bad number in the bunch, but nope.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

No one to blame but themselves for the lines they put out.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the writing was on the wall with all the big line moves and no buy backs. i turned the great majority of my action i got to my local and only kept the parlays (a mess in itself). they even had the steelers since im based in pittsburgh. i did keep the action i got from the over on snf, thought the under was a good play in that game but aside from that almost all of the public bets hit.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

[QUOTE=No coincidences;16653154]Really, this started on Saturday night when Oregon covered, K-State covered, Clemson covered, the LSU/Bama under hit and Bama won to cover every tease and ML parlay imaginable. Then you get the Sunday bloodbath, which was start to finish the cleanest sweep I've ever seen the public make. Usually on these days, you at least see an occasional upset or dog hit SU that ruins parlays, teases, etc. Not yesterday.

Books did what they could to adjust their lines and burn the Sunday morning bettors. Numbers were moving in the direction of favorites like the Lions, Broncos, Bears and Ravens, but it wasn't enough. You thought they'd get at least one bad number in the bunch, but nope.[/QUOTE]

books get middled on the nfl once in a blue moon, that would be more of a disaster then the public winning.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Good

I hope Doc slits his fukkin wrists

Fukkin Mickey Mouse shop

Guy has a license to print money and he has a few bad weeks and he cries like a fukkin infant. Fukk him
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave Br0nxer 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    No one to blame but themselves for the lines they put out.
    Sort of, but no line could've saved Jacksonville and Tennessee yesterday. And it's not like you can make the Bengals +9 at home vs. Denver or Cleveland +10 at home against the Ravens. Books would've lost those games regardless, so I'm not sure what else they could've done. Same goes for Saturday night.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

If the Giants would have covered i would have won over 5 dimes yesterday alone...that game by itself hurt me bad, won EVERYTHING else though

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    the writing was on the wall with all the big line moves and no buy backs. i turned the great majority of my action i got to my local and only kept the parlays (a mess in itself). they even had the steelers since im based in pittsburgh. i did keep the action i got from the over on snf, thought the under was a good play in that game but aside from that almost all of the public bets hit.
    Yep. It was amazing to see the board light up like a Christmas tree all morning long, then 5 minutes before kickoff, when it's usually doing the same, there was silence. I thought SBROdds was down or something.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Sort of, but no line could've saved Jacksonville and Tennessee yesterday. And it's not like you can make the Bengals +9 at home vs. Denver or Cleveland +10 at home against the Ravens. Books would've lost those games regardless, so I'm not sure what else they could've done. Same goes for Saturday night.
    i agree with no coin, sometimes theres nothing that can be done. like i said earlier, they would much rather be wrong with one sided action then get middled.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Like I said yesterday, the number of "I hit an x-team parlay" threads on the board was borderline staggering.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i agree with no coin, sometimes theres nothing that can be done. like i said earlier, they would much rather be wrong with one sided action then get middled.
    Agree, though being wrong on every single game isn't what they had in mind.

The only line they could've survived on was BUF/HOU. That could've easily been a -13. I don't see any other game that would've been realistically salvageable.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    True but if they made those lines a lot higher then they could have had more action on the other side. More balanced.

Then again the den/cin and clev/bal games could have gone the other way. That's how it goes sometimes.

-3/-3.5 could easily been -6.5/-7 and public still be all over it or at least more even action.

I guess they were gambling and lost.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    True but if they made those lines a lot higher then they could have had more action on the other side. More balanced.

Then again the den/cin and clev/bal games could have gone the other way. That's how it goes sometimes.

-3/-3.5 could easily been -6.5/-7 and public still be all over it or at least more even action.

I guess they were gambling and lost.
    There's really no justifiable reason to have the Browns and Bungals at +7 yesterday, though. The Titans and Jags were lost causes, so those two were the games the books needed.

k13

Colts -3 vs Jags
    Broncos -4 vs Carolina
    Giants -4 vs Bengals

All these lines dropped too. What action are they inviting?

Do they care to balance action?

Is there enough big money on the other side?

PaperTrail07

if Ida hit my 9 teamer for 50,000 would I have even got paid LOL cougheritagedfkj...????????

PaperTrail07

#1) Wager Type : Spread
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : NFL Football / Game
    Selection : Denver Broncos
    Time : 11/4/2012 10:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -5 -110

#2) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Green Bay Packers
    Line : -10˝ -110

#3) Wager Type : Spread
    Outcome : Loss
    Selection : Miami Dolphins
    Line : -2 -110

#4) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Baltimore Ravens
    Line : -3˝ +100

#5) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Houston Texans
    Line : -11 -110

#6) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Detroit Lions
    Line : -6 -110

#7) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : Chicago Bears
    Line : -230

#8) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Time : 11/4/2012 1:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +1 -110

#9) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : Pittsburgh Steelers
    Time : 11/4/2012 1:25:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -3 +271

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Books broke now

requested a max p2p today fron respectable book and was told 7 to 10 days time frame

Usually same day or next day unreal

PaperTrail07

thats bullshit smoke

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

brock big deemer hit a 9 team parlay yesterday

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

They go killed saturday and sunday. It got to the point where i was just teabagging them by sunday night with the Falcons cover

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    If the Giants would have covered i would have won over 5 dimes yesterday alone...that game by itself hurt me bad, won EVERYTHING else though
    even brock won! oh my, very bad day for books indeed,,,fukk'em brock deserves some money back....brock nyg was a horrible play, you should consult me before making such terrible plays.. even the mush who calls bets in to me went 3-0 yesterday, ive never seen this guy go 3-0 in 3 years of taking his bets, i dont even mind giving him the 150 poor bastard, lol....

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

had my best weekend this year. won $635 between saturday and sunday. thats a decent amount to me.

wantitall4moi

the results spoke yesterday not the lines. Could they have adjusted? Sure, but then they have to risk everyone betting the dogs (which have been covering like crazy) all year. They have been stuck the past 3 weeks, results hurt them yesterday.

Before yesterday Dogs were 73-42-1, thats 63% if you need it. ON THE BLIND. I am sure some big money has been hammering those sides, I have been betting dogs predominantly this season thats for sure. Even the system picked games yesterday with teams that should have been dogs but were favored. So that basically saved them ML money as they won but had to lay points. So books have adjusted, but not an extreme amount.

I just know that when I see a lot of -3 and 3.5 spreads I know books are in scramble mode, problem is people hammered those spreads and they actually had to move off a lot of them, something that doesnt happen every often, let alone in just about every game on the board in one day.

It was a crazy day thats for sure. I am just glad I mixed up my card a little bit.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I was 10-3 yesterday

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I was 10-3 yesterday
    this speaks volumes...