agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

In fairness, the Lions were the best bet ATS last year. Their biggest weakness was inability to stop the run last year and they are much improved in that area this year. Secondary is irrelevant because they way you beat a young (terrible) QB is to apply pressure. If you get to him, he'll miss wide open receivers. If they had pressured Jake Locker earlier this season that game wouldn't have been close. Lions could just as easily be 6-1 right now.

Granted, the Lions haven't beaten anyone by more than 4 pts this year, so -5 is a stretch, I got it at -4 for BTP. And I keep having flashbacks to that game in Jax on MNF vs. the Ravens. Although the Jags D isn't neary as good this year.

rjpickswinners
    rjpickswinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Line has jumped almost 2 points the past few days. Lions will dismantle one team this year like they did to the Broncos last year. I personally thought that would be TENN but I will take a team from the same division--Jax. This game has all the makings of a beat down.

I don't know JAX team very well but Gabbert is below average. Cecil Shorts is a good WR and Blackman is average. No Jones Drew again this week and I don't think JAX will be able to sustain enough drives to hang with the Lions offense.

Calvin is listed as Q but you better believe he will play and will have a big game too. DET picked up Mike Thomas too from JAX and he should be activated for tomorrow. DET is starting to pick it up slowly and this is their break out game, watch.

The Lions mostly don't show up til the 4th Q but JAX just doesn't have the offense to threaten the Lions. I see a lot of punts and DET will have plenty of opportunities to get in a rhythm early.

$440 on the Lions -5 -110
    I got them -3 when the line came out this week, couldn't believe it.
    i parlayed them with Baltimore -3 as well
    i don't see them goin down to the browns by any means.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

This looks like a 3 point game to me..could go either way. Best of luck

rjpickswinners
    rjpickswinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Lions go ham today.

Nuff said.
    I think they'll play like the lions of last year, and at least cover my -3 =)

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    In fairness, the Lions were the best bet ATS last year. Their biggest weakness was inability to stop the run last year and they are much improved in that area this year. Secondary is irrelevant because they way you beat a young (terrible) QB is to apply pressure. If you get to him, he'll miss wide open receivers. If they had pressured Jake Locker earlier this season that game wouldn't have been close. Lions could just as easily be 6-1 right now.

Granted, the Lions haven't beaten anyone by more than 4 pts this year, so -5 is a stretch, I got it at -4 for BTP. And I keep having flashbacks to that game in Jax on MNF vs. the Ravens. Although the Jags D isn't neary as good this year.
    Why is it that no one is mentioning Detroits awesome special teams?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Also, Megatron with only 1 TD this year?? Look for him to FINALLY break out against an awful Jax secondary, ranked 23rd in the league in pass defense. Making a bold prediction here 7 rec 140 YDs 2 TDs!
    He might not even play. The guy is hurt, probably why he has sucked all year. They should rest him and get him right.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Slacker I agree they should rest him, but Schwartz has been saying all week he is going to play. Whether or not he is limited remains to be seen, if he steps on the field he will produce against the Jags

slacker00

Slacker I agree they should rest him, but Schwartz has been saying all week he is going to play. Whether or not he is limited remains to be seen, if he steps on the field he will produce against the Jags
    Schwartz has to be the dumbest coach is a division full of dumb coaches.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

How F is -5 a "best bet" when -3 was available earlier in the week.

Good lord this fckin place.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post

Don't judge the entire board based on this one junkie retard. He makes up for great fade material.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Don't judge the entire board based on this one junkie retard. He makes up for great fade material.
    Yea yur right. How about SBR creates some kind of "square filter" so these kind of topics can't be started?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Hey buddy,

How u doing Bobby? I think you may be missing the point. Don't think Goat is saying the # 5 is great. Obviously the # 3 would be better. But the fact is he believes Lions win easy and any line under 7 makes this the best play.

To be fair, you can't win by 3. Hence 3-5.5 is not a big difference with this specific play.

Hope u are doing well otherwise bud.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Don't think Goat is saying the # 5 is great. Obviously the # 3 would be better. But the fact is he believes Lions win easy and any line under 7 makes this the best play.

To be fair, you can't win by 3. Hence 3-5.5 is not a big difference with this specific play.
    What crack you on? 3-5.5 isn't a big diff? Any line under -7? No wonder books always win...

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

What crack you on? 3-5.5 isn't a big diff? Any line under -7? No wonder books always win...
    Oh you young gun. Lol
    You still have a lot to learn. You are funny but you really are missing the point with this situation. This is NOT a good line. I.e a typical 3 point game.

Lol hope u have a great day bud.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Goat on point as usual.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Goat on point as usual.
    Lol wouldn't go that far. Only in this situation. Lol

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Goat on point as usual.
    "As usual"? He's hit like 4 NFL bets all year.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Bad lines have only lost 2 times out 119 games this year.

Unlikely to matter here.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Oh you young gun. Lol
    You still have a lot to learn.
    You say that to all 55% long-term winners?

Results doesn't validate a square bets. #handicapping101

You have a better day pal.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Bad lines have only lost 2 times out 119 games this year.

Unlikely to matter here.
    Small sample size = irrelevant. Take away a few of your wins each season and turn them into pushes/losses and tell me how your bottom line looks. If you bet more than 20$ a game, yur gonna feel it.

k13

Small sample size = irrelevant. Take away a few of your wins each season and turn them into pushes/losses and tell me how your bottom line looks. If you bet more than 20$ a game, yur gonna feel it.
    Yes but do you get the perfect line every time?

I think people have enough trouble picking a winner let a lone the best line.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Yes but do you get the perfect line every time?

I think people have enough trouble picking a winner let a lone the best line.
    If you have a documented edge, you'll beat the closing line over 80% of the time.

Take Lions game for example. I agree with Goat there was value on Detroit, but when -3 is on the board why wait until late in the week to lock in -5? What info was acquired now that wasn't available on Sunday/Monday?

k13

If you have a documented edge, you'll beat the closing line over 80% of the time.

Take Lions game for example. I agree with Goat there was value on Detroit, but when -3 is on the board why wait until late in the week to lock in -5? What info was acquired now that wasn't available on Sunday/Monday?
    I think the Megatron activation sent the line flying.

What if you grabbed -3 and it went to -1? Easy to say now.

I agree though, if you like a play, grab it early. Maybe he plays with a local. Idk.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Line has jumped almost 2 points the past few days. Lions will dismantle one team this year like they did to the Broncos last year. I personally thought that would be TENN but I will take a team from the same division--Jax. This game has all the makings of a beat down.

I don't know JAX team very well but Gabbert is below average. Cecil Shorts is a good WR and Blackman is average. No Jones Drew again this week and I don't think JAX will be able to sustain enough drives to hang with the Lions offense.

Calvin is listed as Q but you better believe he will play and will have a big game too. DET picked up Mike Thomas too from JAX and he should be activated for tomorrow. DET is starting to pick it up slowly and this is their break out game, watch.

The Lions mostly don't show up til the 4th Q but JAX just doesn't have the offense to threaten the Lions. I see a lot of punts and DET will have plenty of opportunities to get in a rhythm early.

$440 on the Lions -5 -110
    Great play man I just took the moneyline back on Thursday, this Detroit offense was too inconsistent for me to lay 4 at the time.

143959376-1 11/1/12 2:49am $445.45 $202.47 Pending 11/4/12 1:00pm NFL Football 427 Detroit Lions -220* <small>vs</small> Jacksonville Jaguars

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Bobby,

Now Steelers Vs Giants would be a game you would have a claim to call Giants -5 would be a bad play. I think this game will be a 3 point final. Now Giants could win by more but its not the same situation as the Lions play was.

I have a small play on Steelers + 4 and a smaller play on Steelers Ml.

Enjoy!!!

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

easy money.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

slacker00

Also, Megatron with only 1 TD this year?? Look for him to FINALLY break out against an awful Jax secondary, ranked 23rd in the league in pass defense. Making a bold prediction here 7 rec 140 YDs 2 TDs!
    Dang man, nice call. Still no TDs, but every report I saw had him sitting or very limited to 3rd downs or whatever.
    C. Johnson 7 129 18.4 0

I gotta be more careful with the injury reports, teams really over-report injuries. Same thing with Jordy Nelson.

First 12