AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Minn "teeth kicked in"

Thank GOD for the under and some hockey games to make up for the brutal beating MINN sustained.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I like how they followed Denver's lead and decided to go with the prevent defense scheme for the entire first half. That was impressive.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOD is exactly who you should thank for that under. Frozen at 38 for the entire fourth quarter and both teams going up and down the field with seemingly no desire to actually score points. Plus that utterly bogus incompletion call that killed yet another drive by the Vikings. Then a makeup call once the Patriots are about to score again successfully stopping that drive.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I like how they followed Denver's lead and decided to go with the prevent defense scheme for the entire first half. That was impressive.
    Childress can effectively say that he prepared his team worse for an opponent than any coach has done so far this year. Brad Johnson is a wreck of a quarterback.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Minnesota's defense was embarassing tonight. What a mistake.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    Only to be outshadowed by their offense...
    Which was only to be outshadowed by their coaching.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

fright night

mr softy
    mr softy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    GOD is exactly who you should thank for that under. Frozen at 38 for the entire fourth quarter and both teams going up and down the field with seemingly no desire to actually score points. Plus that utterly bogus incompletion call that killed yet another drive by the Vikings. Then a makeup call once the Patriots are about to score again successfully stopping that drive.
    game shoulda went under anyway if not for 2 kickoff returns for tds to start the 3 q imo

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    I thought there offense was playing the ironman dual roll.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Yeah they blew as well. They really should have put up at least 17 points in that game if it wasn't for a couple mishaps.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

As a longtime Patriots watcher, this team plays better on the road than at home. Not even close. Look at some of their games this season alone. They were dominated by Denver and should have lost to Buffalo, and played poorly against Miami in a 10-point win.

On the road, they crush Cincinnatti, crush Buffalo, crush Minnesota, and they had the Jets down something like 23-0 before falling asleep and having the Jets lose by 7.

This has been their pattern for years. The just get by at home and are the best road team I've ever seen in the NFL.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i think new england is just that good

nw england definitely showed some weakness earlier in the year especially to the pass but that seems to have been minimized and the run defense has been solid pretty much the whole year

the receivers are in synch with arguably the best qb in the league and the running game is definitely strong

minn is not as good as their win over seattle showed cause the hawks turned it over a ton

minn also should have lost to detroit but detroit blew it

minn has not blown anyone out besides seattle with a lot of help from seattle

minn is a solid 9-7 team but NE is a contender for sure

this game bailed me out big after taking a beating sunday

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by mr softy
    game shoulda went under anyway if not for 2 kickoff returns for tds to start the 3 q imo
    Perhaps you didn't watch the entire game. The two teams combined for 42 first downs and over 700 yards of offense. In addition to that, there were 6 turnovers.

Both teams were in field goal range or better on 11 different drives in addition to the ONE punt return for a TD.

Even if there was only 3 points on each of those drives, the total still would have been 40.

The refs made one of the most abysmal review calls of all time when they declared an incompletion that caused Minnesota to have to go for 4th down when it was blatantly obvious they easily had the first deep in New England territory.

Every element conspired to just barely keep this game at 38 for the last 15 full minutes of the contest.

6 of the 11 drives into field goal range (more than half) resulted in zero points.

Run that scenario a few times and I bet you get over on many more occasions than you get under.
    Last edited by isetcap; 10-31-06 at 03:26 AM.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I'm with Isetcap on this one, I needed the over Big time here and am still in shock that it didn't happen, both teams marching up and down the field yet not even a field goal. Both teams had multiple chances to score in the 4th, Minn blowing every chance and NE opting not to run up the score. I think there should be a law against not taking the points when they are there for the taking!

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank Childress too for not attempting a field goal even when they needed 4 scores (excluding 3 tds with 3 successful 2 pt conversions) to at least tie.