DAHOTCORNER29
    DAHOTCORNER29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers game day travel makes the Giants a LOCK at -3

In case anyone hasn't seen yet the Steelers are traveling early Sunday morning to Jersey because they could not get a hotel to stay overnight.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ew-york-giants

This is definitely going to negatively effect their play. Expect to see tired, lack luster players. No one likes to travel...and to play on the same day. And we're talking about the Giants here @ home. I know that the Giants surprisingly tend to fair better on the road but look for the Giants to shut down the running game early (if Pitt even has any) forcing Big Ben to sit in the pocket all game. JPP, Tuck and gang will get to him.

-3 looks pretty good to me.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

strange it such a lock but line didnt budge after this "news" , so mentally and physically draining to hop on a charter plane for a quick little flight..

DAHOTCORNER29
    DAHOTCORNER29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who knows but it just another thing that the Steelers have to go thru on game day. I know as a former collegiate athlete that I hated traveling, it's just how some people are and on game day I just want to be focused on that one game and play the game without any further distractions. I think its definitely going to impact the Steelers play. Football is a game of inches and I think the Giants come out strong infront of there fans at home. The Steelers are not that good. They did lose to a very mediocre Titan and Raider team.

Oh yeah and they are playing the defending champs.

BANK IT!!

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

What do you think the giants are going through this week? They have no water electric or gas in north jersey and nyc that place is a mess due to the hurricane. There prep time practice time not to nention theur family and personal life in shambles this week

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    What do you think the giants are going through this week? They have no water electric or gas in north jersey and nyc that place is a mess due to the hurricane. There prep time practice time not to nention theur family and personal life in shambles this week
    bingo,,,if dude saying that a 45 min plane trip in the morning of a 4 oclock gm is more of a distraction/problem than what nyg wen thru all week he just trying to convince himself as no way gmen had their normal week of preparation...

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

first lock of the week thread. boom. on pit.

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

Quote Originally Posted by DAHOTCORNER29 View Post
    In case anyone hasn't seen yet the Steelers are traveling early Sunday morning to Jersey because they could not get a hotel to stay overnight.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ew-york-giants

This is definitely going to negatively effect their play. Expect to see tired, lack luster players. No one likes to travel...and to play on the same day. And we're talking about the Giants here @ home. I know that the Giants surprisingly tend to fair better on the road but look for the Giants to shut down the running game early (if Pitt even has any) forcing Big Ben to sit in the pocket all game. JPP, Tuck and gang will get to him.

-3 looks pretty good to me.

Good piece of information. Thanks for sharing.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Thanks. Feel better about my Steeler pick.

Also, I live in North Jersey and close to Met Life stadium. I can tell you that the events of the hurricane are a big distraction and this game is not as high on priority. Going to be at the game and I actually expect Pitt to win SU.