jrose2106
    jrose2106's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

NYG -3.5 vs PIT, thoughts??

As a huge steeler fan I do have to admit i'm more than worried about the thought of Eli standing in the pocket throwing into a secondary with no Troy, and possibly no Ryan Clark.
    Also going back to the Pit/G.B. superbowl after the steelers played a HOME game where they won SU and ATS ( looked pretty good to the public) they have followed up the next week by going 0-7 ATS , normally I'm not a big trends guy but the thinking with this trend is " oh look how good the steelers and Big Ben looked last week, proving they are still elite" well.. NOT SO FAST ! ( in my best lee corso voice ) the giants D line should give the steelers O-line fits at home in a tough atmosphere . And with dogs hitting alot this year, specifically road dogs at around 65% I'm thinkin vegas has started to tighten up the lines this week. There is alot of lines at =<4 but none around the 6-7 mark. is it time to start taking some favorites again? any thoughts??

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by jrose2106 View Post
    As a huge steeler fan I do have to admit i'm more than worried about the thought of Eli standing in the pocket throwing into a secondary with no Troy, and possibly no Ryan Clark.
    Also going back to the Pit/G.B. superbowl after the steelers played a HOME game where they won SU and ATS ( looked pretty good to the public) they have followed up the next week by going 0-7 ATS , normally I'm not a big trends guy but the thinking with this trend is " oh look how good the steelers and Big Ben looked last week, proving they are still elite" well.. NOT SO FAST ! ( in my best lee corso voice ) the giants D line should give the steelers O-line fits at home in a tough atmosphere . And with dogs hitting alot this year, specifically road dogs at around 65% I'm thinkin vegas has started to tighten up the lines this week. There is alot of lines at =<4 but none around the 6-7 mark. is it time to start taking some favorites again? any thoughts??

I think people are also over-estimating the Giants, they are good, but they are the same Giants of the past few years, they aren't consistently dominate in the regular season. The steelers have done a great job of keeping Big Ben upright with the quick passes and that should only continue this week. The Giants also suck (and I don't use that lightly) at home. I wouldn't think about Vegas and favs/dogs, thats what they want you to do. Cap each game individually for success. Personally I'm looking at Steelers +3.5, but doubt I'll touch it.

jrose2106

yea i didn't really consider that public perception is probably too high on the giants either, all in all I guess this game is closer too a wash but I def lean NYG -3 if u shop for that line, and thats coming from a steeler fan. The thought of keenan lewis trying to man up on Nicks or cruz is scary without Troy and maybe even clark behind them to help. I do hope I'm wrong though

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Big Ben will pick apart NY's awful secondary. Over is the play.

jrose2106

with the todd haley offense being all "dink n dunk" the steelers control possesion as good as anyone. 12 play 7 minutes drives aren't uncommon. with the public taking the lines up 1/2 - 1 pt i would lean Under

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

yea i didn't really consider that public perception is probably too high on the giants either, all in all I guess this game is closer too a wash but I def lean NYG -3 if u shop for that line, and thats coming from a steeler fan. The thought of keenan lewis trying to man up on Nicks or cruz is scary without Troy and maybe even clark behind them to help. I do hope I'm wrong though

nicks still pretty hobbled, i mean he going out there every week but hasnt been all that productive of late, troy p doesnt bother me as pit outta be used to life w/o him at this point, clark is a little concerning.... last 2 gms gmen have escaped with wins but have been out gained in both gms, dont think pit will make the mistakes to let nyg get away with this again..

jrose2106

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    nicks still pretty hobbled, i mean he going out there every week but hasnt been all that productive of late, troy p doesnt bother me as pit outta be used to life w/o him at this point, clark is a little concerning.... last 2 gms gmen have escaped with wins but have been out gained in both gms, dont think pit will make the mistakes to let nyg get away with this again..
    Hope your right man, and just so you know after all this sh!t I been talkin on why the gmen are good, trends and everything, being a pitt native there's no way I bet against my boys some sunday, probably down $ at that point. If anything probably bet the Under and root for some 7 minutes FG drives, haha. This is the game of the week for sure though IMO , possible superbowl preview

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

week with not many real good gms this def the best one,,although i am really interested in mia/indy as well...think those the only 2 gms with teams with winning records this week..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

As long as line stays higher than 3, Pitt looks like right side. They finally have their running game going, which has made Ben a more efficient passer. Giants may lose their edge a tad now that they have stranglehold on division and truth be told they should have lost to Dallas (badly outgained, 6 Cowboy turnovers).

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    As long as line stays higher than 3, Pitt looks like right side. They finally have their running game going, which has made Ben a more efficient passer. Giants may lose their edge a tad now that they have stranglehold on division and truth be told they should have lost to Dallas (badly outgained, 6 Cowboy turnovers).
    Turnovers are part of the Cowboys identity, especially since the majority of them come from interceptions. They also had horrible coaching decisions in the clutch moments...just like the Baltimore game. No fluke that Giants came up big with the game on the line. Cowboys deserved to lose...yardage is immaterial.

I'm on NY -3 and it's not even close. Wins over the Bengals and Redskins don't impress me at all.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Turnovers are part of the Cowboys identity, especially since the majority of them come from interceptions. They also had horrible coaching decisions in the clutch moments...just like the Baltimore game. No fluke that Giants came up big with the game on the line. Cowboys deserved to lose...yardage is immaterial.

I'm on NY -3 and it's not even close. Wins over the Bengals and Redskins don't impress me at all.
    Meh, I think -3 is probably the right line. Now had you gotten -2.5...

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Hope your right man, and just so you know after all this sh!t I been talkin on why the gmen are good, trends and everything, being a pitt native there's no way I bet against my boys some sunday, probably down $ at that point. If anything probably bet the Under and root for some 7 minutes FG drives, haha. This is the game of the week for sure though IMO , possible superbowl preview
    Pitt fans are more delusional than Pats fans... Pitt in the superbowl? Not a chance

bobbyk1133

Meh, I think -3 is probably the right line. Now had you gotten -2.5...
    Steelers are developing a home/road disparity...and already 1-3 on the road this year. Still no Polamalu. This line is an overreaction to the last couple weeks combined with the fact they are a heavy public team. Confidence has been restored, but I think it's a mirage.

LT Profits

Steelers are developing a home/road disparity...and already 1-3 on the road this year. Still no Polamalu. This line is an overreaction to the last couple weeks combined with the fact they are a heavy public team. Confidence has been restored, but I think it's a mirage.
    The running game is not a mirage, when Steelers run effectively, they ARE Super Bowl threats. There is no reason why they can't run on the Giants.

bobbyk1133

The running game is not a mirage, when Steelers run effectively, they ARE Super Bowl threats. There is no reason why they can't run on the Giants.
    Running game is a fair point no doubt. I actually fear Ben on 3rd down more than anything tho. Giants aren't weak vs the run...or in any specific area for that matter. I just think NY is clearly the better team, match up well, and at home. Clear value on -3.

I'd even bet NY up to -4, but I guess that's just me.

LT Profits

Running game is a fair point no doubt. I actually fear Ben on 3rd down more than anything tho. Giants aren't weak vs the run...or in any specific area for that matter. I just think NY is clearly the better team, match up well, and at home. Clear value on -3.

I'd even bet NY up to -4, but I guess that's just me.
    Other factors involved besides being the better team. Steelers need wins, for the Giants, this is relatively meaningless non-conference game while sitting pretty in division. If there was ever a "breather" spot, this could be it.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

This is a pretty intriguing game which means I probably shouldn't be betting on it. The O/U is hard to figure because you know that Manning will have to throw because Pitt is good against the run and Manning is a pretty good passer. Pitt's offense plays ball control and the Giants D is pretty decent. So those factors kind of balance out in terms of the clock getting eaten Vs. points scored - the O/U seems like a true coin flip to me.

Pitt has been playing very well the last few games, in spite of their key injuries on the D and their offense has impressed me recently - they seem like a hard team to beat right now. Manning and the Giant's passing game is always a wildcard to me because they usually throw a bunch and can hit big plays (and in the clutch) .... or not. If anything, I may use Pitt +10 on the teaser .... game time decision.

bobbyk1133

Other factors involved besides being the better team. Steelers need wins, for the Giants, this is relatively meaningless non-conference game while sitting pretty in division. If there was ever a "breather" spot, this could be it.
    Makes sense..especially the non-conference angle. I don't buy into the myth of team A "needs" to win theory tho. Teams that need to win lose all the time. Logical fallacy IMO.

LT Profits

Makes sense..especially the non-conference angle. I don't buy into the myth of team A "needs" to win theory tho. Teams that need to win lose all the time. Logical fallacy IMO.
    Works better with GOOD teams though. The Browns could need to win all they want.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Giants or no play for me.

bobbyk1133

The Browns could need to win all they want.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Huge Giant homer, and gotta say the G-Men are a no play this week. It's Steelers or nothing. as others noted, relatively speaking, it's a meaningless game for the Giants, meaning right now they are comfortable in the division, out of conf game,etc. lotta things have gone right for the Giants this year, in games where they haven't played well. we all know their slight regression is coming and seems this week makes sense to fade them. big Ben and the passing game should expose Giant secondary some. both teams going to move the ball up and down the field, pretty cliche but whoever executes those red zone plays on offense wins. Nicks is nowhere near 100% and that really hurts Giants in the red zone. not sure if Dwyer is really banged up or not (didn't practice yesterday) but he has been great with yards after contact. as a Giant fan i would rather see Mendenhall.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Giants by 2 TD's!!!!!

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

I have no idea why but I don't trust the giants at home. I think they're a great road team, but at home they dont seem as sharp

jrose2106

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Pitt fans are more delusional than Pats fans... Pitt in the superbowl? Not a chance
    Your delusional if you think Pit is not a superbowl contender, with Big Ben they always have a shot, no doubt, they have been there 3 of past 7 years, going for 4 of 8, thats dynasty status if they win it all man. Hou is the only complete team in the AFC and to write them in now would be nonsense . With that all being said, again i still like NYG as the play here at -3/3.5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i like Pittsburgh to win straight up. the NY GIANTS SUCKK AT HOME!!!!!

i only bet NY Giants on the road.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

i see the giants winning a shootout 33-31... they wont cover..

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Steelers unable to find a replacement hotel, flying in on game day am and flying back after the game. Short flight anyway.

jrose2106

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Steelers unable to find a replacement hotel, flying in on game day am and flying back after the game. Short flight anyway.
    yea i just read that too, it is a short flight but to have to fly in, eat and go strait to the field can't help in any way for sure, with ESPN all over tis story wonder if we see a slight tick in betting side towards nyg

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

they could find one.. just not in jersey city/hoboken area.. thats all by the river and flooded. its a real crappy situation with sandy right now... i think pitt covers, but loses.

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Pitt with the hook...this will be a close game.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

what is the RB situation for Pittsburgh?

I really think that Giants D-line runs all over the mess of an O-line Pittsburgh has

jrose2106

All 3 RB's practiced today, Ike Redman= full practice, dwyer limited but a probable sunday, mendenhall was limited and is a ??, looking at RB by committee this week it looks like with dwyer earning the right to probably start

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    what is the RB situation for Pittsburgh?

I really think that Giants D-line runs all over the mess of an O-line Pittsburgh has
    That may be the case but this line is starting to gel. Public perception is this line stinks, far from it. Pouncey makes a huge difference and it showed last week. 2 great QB's and 2 great defenses. I would take the Giants with a hook as well. Just smart.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Bobbykkk the books know guys will take giants -4 that why they made it -3.5 with + money. Have fun pal.

12 Last