kobebryant55
    kobebryant55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

Most overrated/underrated teams in the NFL (Please contribute)

Hey everyone. Big fan of the forum (even the trolling idiots who air bet and know nothing). I wanted to put together a list (in no particular order) of the teams who I feel are over hyped, untested, or generally overrated by ESPN and fans and also a list of those teams who have records that are not telling of how good they are.

OVERRATED v UNDERRATED .. I'll start and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

OVERRATED
    Denver (losses to ATL, HOU, & NE) Yes, they lost to 3 teams in the top 10 in the NFL maybe even the top 5 in the NFL; however, if you want to be treated as the best you need to beat AT least one of those teams.
    Seattle
    Bears (get spanked by green bay and barely beat carolina? great defense but offense disappears too much. cutler is suspect)
    Steelers
    Cardinals
    Jets (though we all know they suck so maybe there not overrated)
    SD (though same as above I think we all know they are pretenders and suck)

UNDERRATED
    Miami
    Green Bay
    Patriots
    Redskins
    Lions

I could do a write up on each one but i don't want to bore you. If you really have an objection on anyone I put on either list and I can at least tell you my logic whether you agree or not.

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Saints overrated

Spread wise i feel the browns and bucs are underrated...

kobebryant55

Saints overrated.. Ya know I was going to put them up there but I feel that there in a good spot. Everyone seems to think and say that there a 6-7 win team this year and I'd agree with that.

Browns being underrated I don't know but I will say that the Browns defense is VERY solid.

Bucs are too up and down for me to say either way.. Plus i dont think there getting too much hate and/or too much love.

Thanks for the response "yaMotha" lol

kobebryant55

Bump!

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

As far as betting is concerned I cant really say the skins are underrated. The lines have been pretty sharp and the public seems to like them

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Are Green Bay/Detroit/New England really underrated? They all came into the season with high expectations and have not played up to them. Green Bay barely squeaked by Jax this week, Detroit started off poorly this year and NE certainly haven't played up to their potential.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

LoL! GB and NE is NOT underrated!

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The Giants are still underrated, it's ridiculous. Dolphins must be the most underrated though.

The Chargers, Cards, Eagles, and Cowgirls are extremely overrated. Every year it's the same story.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Broncos are not overrated. It took them awhile to get going and they are about to feast on some average teams. I fuccing hate Manning and Elway but Peyton is a machine on offense. Once his receivers catch up with him they are going to be putting up Playstation numbers.

I agree, the Browns defense is very solid. Weeden is improving every week and making less mistakes. They leave a lot of points on the board but once they get it together, watch out.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'll do all 32 teams roughly in order from most to least and put all teams in one category or the other.

underrated : TB, SF, ATL, HOU, NE, SEA, STL, MIA, IND, CLE, NYJ, DEN, NYG, CHI, WAS, JAX
    overrated : PHI, KC, BAL, GB, TEN, CIN, SD, OAK, BUF, PIT, DAL, DET, AZ, MIN, NO, CAR

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll do all 32 teams roughly in order from most to least and put all teams in one category or the other.

underrated : TB, SF, ATL, HOU, NE, SEA, STL, MIA, IND, CLE, NYJ, DEN, NYG, CHI, WAS, JAX
    overrated : PHI, KC, BAL, GB, TEN, CIN, SD, OAK, BUF, PIT, DAL, DET, AZ, MIN, NO, CAR
    Using these rankings, here's the top 5 picks for this week:

ATLANTA -4 (-110)

TAMPA BAY +1.5 (-110)

ARIZONA +11 (-110)

HOUSTON -10.5 (-110)

CLEVELAND +3.5 (-110)

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

To follow slacker's model:

underrated : TB, MIA, SEA, SF, IND, CLE, NYJ, DEN, NYG, JAX, STL, PHI, PIT, NE, CAR
    overrated : OAK, SD, CIN, BAL, MIN, GB, AZ, BUF, NO, WAS, ATL, HOU, CHI, KC, TEN, DAL, DET

Public teams like GB/NE or newly public teams HOU/CHI/ATL/BAL will swing from under or overrated depending on what they did the week prior. I think PHI is to the point with all the "bench Vick" talk that they are underrated, but again, so much of this is week to week.

WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Bengals one of the most over rated teams this year ..

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Denver, Seattle, Miami are three of the most underrated teams this year

Broncos will probably rattle off a huge win streak now

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Broncos are not overrated. It took them awhile to get going and they are about to feast on some average teams. I fuccing hate Manning and Elway but Peyton is a machine on offense. Once his receivers catch up with him they are going to be putting up Playstation numbers.

I agree, the Browns defense is very solid. Weeden is improving every week and making less mistakes. They leave a lot of points on the board but once they get it together, watch out.

Denver has the easiest schedule down the stretch in terms of current opponent winning percentage. Wouldn't surprise me to see them get a first round bye in the playoffs. WR's are getting it together, defense is playing well.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Using these rankings, here's the top 5 picks for this week:

ATLANTA -4 (-110)

TAMPA BAY +1.5 (-110)

ARIZONA +11 (-110)

HOUSTON -10.5 (-110)

CLEVELAND +3.5 (-110)
    Knowing the Cowboys, this is a game they not only cover, but win outright.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Knowing the Cowboys, this is a game they not only cover, but win outright.
    I agree, Cowboys win the games no one expects them to but lose ones they are supposed to win..that being said ATL is very tough to beat at home and with this week being a nationally televised game, Romo is going to be in trouble

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    I agree, Cowboys win the games no one expects them to but lose ones they are supposed to win..that being said ATL is very tough to beat at home and with this week being a nationally televised game, Romo is going to be in trouble
    A lot of folks thought the same way when Dallas went into 13-0 New Orleans. Tough place to play, yadda, yadda, yadda. I haven't seen Ryan get pressured much this year. I expect that to change come Sunday night.

Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

Over-rated: Baltimore (mediocre coordinator on D, loss of high IQ LB). Washington (after a pair of wins in a row, safe to go vs. this dysfunctiuonal team which has no D and a terrible HC. RG III will be great, however.

Under-rated: Philly (yes, we all know they are in crises mode, but IF (IF) they win on MNF they still have the talent to beat most other teams, and remember, other dysfunctional teams such as Wash/Dallas reside in their Division. Pittsburgh, but the +395 value on them to make the playoffs is long gone (that was good!).

kobebryant55

My picks still hold true

kobebryant55

As I said steelers and bears overrated.

kobebryant55

Anyone know a not bet Super Bowl winner book

tripled83
    tripled83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Steelers are overrated and bengals are underrated.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

Denver ain't overrated, they are crushing lately

kobebryant55

Crushing lately? Den beat Car Oak Cin and oh yeah SD (who sucks) who were up big against them and forced Mannjng to throw what 3 INTS in one quarter. Denver is a one win playoff team (they easily get in by default cause the afc west is atrocious). If anyone knows where I can bet against den on futures or Pitt let me know!