heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Teaser plays for Week 9, not packaged yet

First draft of some teaser plays that interest me for the coming week; have not packaged them yet but I rarely go more than 2 teams/totals together:

K.C. at Chargers +16 U49 1/2 - 16 points Vs. the Chargers right now is tempting, no matter who the team, even K.C. The S.D. fans will be in an intolerant mood for this one and too close to that Cleveland game. Everyone calling for Norv's head, which should have been done off-season. Both teams weak offensively this year will run the ball, killing clock. S.D.'s defense pretty good Vs. non-elite QB's. May just stick with the Under play here.

Buffalo at Houston - Houston -5. Seems too obvious. Very weak team visiting one of the stronger teams.

Chicago at Tenn - Under 50 1/2. Two decent defenses and what should be a lot of running. Tenn. D should be up for this one, to match da Bears D.

Dallas at Atlanta - Atlanta +1 1/2. Dallas has no running game at all, forcing them to overuse Romo in obvious passing plays. Though Dallas D has been tough, Atlanta has been scoring. Dallas should be on the spent side after the Giants game.

Of the above, my favorite plays are Under 49.5 in the K.C./Chargers game, Houston -5 and Under 50.5 in the Bears/Titans game.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

I like almost all of those. I think MIN would be good for a teaser. SEA will prolly win but I expect a close game so getting MIN over +10.5 seems to good to pass up. Also teasing home dogs always seem proftiable (tryn to get IND over +7 and CIN at +10), if those happen I might take them as well.

heywally

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    I like almost all of those. I think MIN would be good for a teaser. SEA will prolly win but I expect a close game so getting MIN over +10.5 seems to good to pass up. Also teasing home dogs always seem proftiable (tryn to get IND over +7 and CIN at +10), if those happen I might take them as well.
    Yes, I would consider Minn +10.5 if I hadn't seen them play against T.B. OTOH, Seattle is not an offensive juggernaut ... (the Under with the tease might be a possibility) that seems like enough points in the game for Minny. I don't know what to think of Cinci or Indy but the points for the home teams are tempting.

shockey43
    shockey43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

I'm also considering teasing the under on that SEA MIN game to 46. Both of these teams are defensive minded with something to prove after losses, Seattle D at home is difficult to score on for anyone, and Seattle doesn't score much themselves. What do you think about teasing PITT +10? The giants rarely cover at home, and coming from a Giants fan myself I'd unfortunately say we're due for a let down after winning 4 straight.

heywally

Quote Originally Posted by shockey43 View Post
    I'm also considering teasing the under on that SEA MIN game to 46. Both of these teams are defensive minded with something to prove after losses, Seattle D at home is difficult to score on for anyone, and Seattle doesn't score much themselves. What do you think about teasing PITT +10? The giants rarely cover at home, and coming from a Giants fan myself I'd unfortunately say we're due for a let down after winning 4 straight.
    Just came back here to add Pitt +10 to the possibilities and see you've got it as a maybe too. With the way Pitt is playing right now, I will have to take them; they are clicking offensively and defensively and could be even better without the bumble bee uniforms. The teased under actually intrigues me a bit in that game - would be U54.5 or so but you have the danger of two very good QB's and figure Eli will be throwing a lot, maybe Big Ben not so much. I wonder if they'll be able to keep that field totally dry?

I like the Hawks/Minn U46 idea also, especially after watching Minn's offense Vs. T.B. Two teams with running-centric offenses and one very good defense, playing at home in a very tough place for the away team. Seattle had Wilson throwing more against the Lions but mostly short passes; part of their plan to bring him along slowly.

One other possibility - Ravens +3 at Cleveland though anything involving Cleveland can be eerie.
    Last edited by heywally; 10-30-12 at 06:45 AM.