BostonDjStroke
    BostonDjStroke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Last leg of a 7 team teaser tonight. What is the best way to hedge in this scenario?

So I have the last leg of a 7 team teaser in play tonight. The bet is 1 unit to win 6 and I have San Fran +.5 to cash it. So I'm thinking, do I put a couple units on Ari +7 or do I bet the Arizona +255 moneyline, and how many units on each? I love the plus money, but at the same time, I could see this game being decided by a field goal, and hit both. What do you guys think?

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

go for the middle! try and get 7.5

uvajrl
    uvajrl's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a similar scenario. Teaser paying out 6 to 1 with 49ers ML left. Kind of new to idea of hedging. Do you always hedge? I truly find it hard to believe 49ers could lose this one, but if you are always supposed to hedge, then obviously I will do it. What is the strategy for the amount you hedge? And like you asked, ML or AZ +points?

uvajrl
    uvajrl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by uvajrl View Post
    I have a similar scenario. Teaser paying out 6 to 1 with 49ers ML left. Kind of new to idea of hedging. Do you always hedge? I truly find it hard to believe 49ers could lose this one, but if you are always supposed to hedge, then obviously I will do it. What is the strategy for the amount you hedge? And like you asked, ML or AZ +points?
    Since I have 49ers ML, should I do AZ + 7 and potentially win both? or AZ + 3 for better odds and less likely chance of hitting both but hedging nonetheless.

BostonDjStroke
    BostonDjStroke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by uvajrl View Post
    Since I have 49ers ML, should I do AZ + 7 and potentially win both? or AZ + 3 for better odds and less likely chance of hitting both but hedging nonetheless.
    This is the same exact situation I am in. I'm leaning more towards taking the Arizona money, but that's only because I can just see San Fran losing this game. However, if I can get Arizona +7.5 without much (or any extra) juice, I'll be all over it.
    Last edited by BostonDjStroke; 10-29-12 at 09:23 AM.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I'd go with the Arizona +7 and try and win both; it 'should be' a low scoring, close game. I'd put maybe 30% of the teaser payoff on the Arizona +7 (might try and get the extra .5). But, Arizona should have a tough time scoring in this one (though so should S.F.). If you are on the Arizona side, your main concern in this game is your QB generating turnovers. GL.

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

do u just want to cya? bet 1 unit on ari w/pts and hope for middle. bet 2u your gonna make money either way.
    and still hope for middle. btw is very possible

wiseacre
    wiseacre's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anytime you can hedge maybe catch the middle you have to take advantage, it doesnt happen often enough.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Be a man and double down on SF!