LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Yes but they are facing one of the better rushing team in the league...I could be wrong though...
    Bucs already shut down Jamaal Charles when he was leading the NFL in rushing and DeMarco Murray when he was healthy. They have only allowed over 80 rushing yards once, and that was vs. the Redskins when they had to worry about RG3 taking off as well as stopping Morris. They have yet to be run on by a conventional offense.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Teaser

Bucs +12
    Under 49

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

I gotta say I think it's rediculous how many people think that the fact that so many dogs have been winning/covering this season can somehow be attributed to what year it is... There are so many variables that produce these statistics, saying something like "dogs are winning alot this year" or "The A-Team has beaten the B-Team 8 out of the last 10 times" is all fun an good.. *Pat's child on head* You found a pattern! There are so many variables to consider, recent performance stats imo are the most relevant ones and even they can only guide a decision.. nothing certain.. but seriously? 10 year trends? how many players aren't there anymore? Coaching changes? A practically meaningless trend to bother considering.. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Bucs all the way. Can't believe I waited and will only get +5.5 but whatever.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Bucs will give up over 5 YPC to AP tonight because they have not shown that they can stop between the tackles rushers. Alfred Morris 5.4 on 21 carries, Andre Brown 5.5 on 13. They have shut down DeAngelo Williams who carried the ball 5 times, and Pierre Thomas who ran for 3.3 on 13 who are not good backs on teams who can't run the ball well inside. Every other back they've faced has been an off-tackle rusher and yes they have shut them down. But like I said, AP runs wild between the tackles.

80% of the points that the Bucs have scored through 6 games have come against 4 of the 6 worst defenses in the league (NO, NYG, KC, WAS). They hung 10 on Dallas and 16 on Carolina who both have average defenses in terms of YPP. Minny shuts them down and controls the game with the rush. Ponder's turnovers have been worrisome, but if they stick to dink and dunk off play action and giving the ball to Harvin in space, this is easy game.

Blood Drake
    Blood Drake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Everyone needs to hold on and take a breath. Tampa Bay is 2-4.....admit it they suck. As for their run defense we will get a better handle on that after this game, but remember that other than the Giants (sorta) none of the teams they have played have a feature back or run the ball that much. The Vikings are going to run...run...and run some some. Ponder is pick happy right now and just looks scared. So they Vikings are going to try to control the clock and run the ball. I think they will be able to. They had 41 rushing attempts against the 49ers and I see a similar game here. Their defense will be able to put pressure on Freeman and hold the Bucs to 10 - 13 points.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bucs already shut down Jamaal Charles when he was leading the NFL in rushing and DeMarco Murray when he was healthy. They have only allowed over 80 rushing yards once, and that was vs. the Redskins when they had to worry about RG3 taking off as well as stopping Morris. They have yet to be run on by a conventional offense.
    I agree with most of the points you are making, give me your approx predics on rushing yards/TDs by AP so we are on the same side here...

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Interesting fact 5.5 spread underdog teams had won st8 up this season 3-1

leetreaper

Is the there an info for the last season or last 3-5 seasons on that one Q?

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking the bucs to cover ! Bol family

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I love the bucs here, Minny has over achieved imo. Bucs should shutdown the run ponder will make to many mistakes tonight. I like Bucs in a low scoring game.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minny is gonna PISS on TB. UNDER. TB may not score a TD.

skeetmasterc
    skeetmasterc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

The Bucs are the correct play. Quote me on it

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minny and UNDER! Cha Ching!

leetreaper

AP is just too good, but Ponder is a douche obv...

skeetmasterc

I called it...Bucs

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by skeetmasterc View Post
    I called it...Bucs
    Its just a start hommie...

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I wouldn't take the favorite in a prime-time national game. Would be a dumb move after watching the first 7 weeks of football.

A jewel from Tracer.

skeetmasterc

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Its just a start hommie...
    A start with the same ending.

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by skeetmasterc View Post
    A start with the same ending.
    Tru...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I wouldn't take the favorite in a prime-time national game. Would be a dumb move after watching the first 7 weeks of football.
    thx tracer, i'm on ml -- tb better walk the date home

First 12