Sir_Don_Yeggins
    Sir_Don_Yeggins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bucs @ Vikings thursday night game

Trying to figure out my pick for tomorrow nights game. Lost a bit last night in the Ark St game. Looking to rebound tomorrow night with a 6pt teaser. Thoughts on TAMPA +13 and over 36pts?
    Last edited by Sir_Don_Yeggins; 10-24-12 at 09:22 PM.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

If you ever lose a teaser bet you need to quit gambling

Sir_Don_Yeggins

Never have but thanks for the input

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

TB @ MIN writeup from my MobFade Picks thread: I have been saying that MIN is one of the most overrated teams in the NFL, but I like this spot for them for a lot of reasons. The 2 biggest have to be the wayyy overrated TB run D that WILL NOT keep AP under 100 because their strength comes from stopping rushers outside the tackles, and their wayyyy overrated pass offense. Here are some facts:

vs Carolina: Carolina ran the ball 8 times with their running backs for essentially 0 yards. A pretty small sample size and J Stewart was out. 5 carries by Williams yielded -1 yard. Keep in mind, this was before Adrian Clayborn went out for the season. Da'Quan Bowers is also questionable for Thursday.

vs NYG: Ahmad Bradshaw went out in this game after 5 carries for 3.3 per, but Andre Brown carried it 13 times for 5.5 YPC. Brown is a downhill, between the tackles runner. This was a 41-34 shootout that quickly turned into a passing game.

vs Washington: Alfred Morris gashed TB for 5.4 YPC on 21 runs. He is the closest back to what they will see in AP that TB has had all year.

vs NO: Pierre Thomas had 13 carries, at 3.2 YPC, but NO has been awful running all year, averaging only 3.7.

Every other running back that they've faced in J Charles, D Murray, and Sproles is best running off-tackle, and they were pretty limited by TB's solid LB corps. The biggest takeaways here are the games they've played against Morris and Brown, who were both able to dominate them at about 5.5 ypc each. Minnesota has had success running against other teams that were good against the run, and even they weren't able to consistently limit AP.

As for TB's offense, Freeman has been erratic when he's not destroying the worst defenses in the NFL. In terms of Yards allowed per play, TB's opponents have looked like this on defense: NO (32nd, 6.6 YPP), NYG (31st, 6.4 YPP), KC (29th, 6.3 YPP), WAS (27th, 6.2 YPP), CAR (17th, 5.5 YPP), DAL (13th, 5.2 YPP). TB has scored a total of 148 points through 6 games this season. Of those, 26 were scored against Carolina and Dallas (the only defenses that were average or better by this metric), and a whopping 122 points against 4 of the 6 worst defenses in football. Interestingly enough the 28th ranked defense in terms of YPP is Tampa Bay themselves, while Minnesota ranks 7th allowing 4.8.

There are going to be two plays in this game. One is the under, and the other is going to be Minnesota either minus the points if the line moves to somewhere like 5, or on the moneyline. The under is the better play as Minnesota ranks 28th overall on offense (YPP), while I've explained why TB's #3 offense is a farce. Minnesota will control this game throughout with their rushing attack which will eat clock, and their defense will severely limit a streaky TB offense. The line has moved to 42.5 now which isn't exactly a key number, but it is at 42.5 at all books so we can wait until tomorrow to see if it continues to get juiced. If not, and some books start moving lower, we'll jump on whichever is left at 42.5.

One thing that I hate to do is lay more than a FG in games that I expect will be low-scoring, but this will should be moving down. According to the new Beta here at SBR that tracks actual dollar amounts wagered (see sticky if you don't know what im talking about), the dollar amounts wagered look like TB 81%/MIN19% and I think that most sharps are waiting to see if this thing goes down as well. We'll see how all of this plays out, but expect plays on MIN-5 and Under 43.5. Another point I forgot to mention is that this is Thursday night in MIN after emotional loss at home to NO and short week to prep.

The teaser I'm looking at if lines stay put is MIN-.5/UNDER 48.5

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

tease vikings -1 bucks+13 vikings will win anywhere between 3-10 points. won't touch the total

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Just bet the Vikings and lay the points. That total is going to you.

Sir_Don_Yeggins

I don't think the vikings will cover 7 but yes I am afraid of the total

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Don_Yeggins View Post
    I don't think the vikings will cover 7 but yes I am afraid of the total
    The Bucks blew their emotional load on Sunday against the Saints and still came up short. Vikings will have Freeman running for his life. Lay the points or at the very least buy it down to 6.5.

wizcodlifa
    wizcodlifa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1173

under. on thursday night games average scores drop around 8 to 9 points combined. minnesota clock management and solid defense. under is a sure lock. especially with the tease

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Trying to figure out my pick for tomorrow nights game. Lost a bit last night in the Ark St game. Looking to rebound tomorrow night with a 6pt teaser. Thoughts on TAMPA +13 and over 36pts?
    Done just that...except 7pt teaser and ML+240

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, mate.

Sir_Don_Yeggins

I thought coming on here was going to improve my betting strats. You bros in this thread have no idea what you are talking about. If you had 4 tvs in your living room and direct TV showing every game like I do you would know the bucs can move the ball even on the vikings who were gna make freeman 'run for his life'. Thank god i bet the clemson game and didn't listen to any of your rookies. I'll keep my +1600$ a week average and call you all noobs. Hope you enjoy your 1.00 mcribs tonight

A4K

I thought coming on here was going to improve my betting strats. You bros in this thread have no idea what you are talking about. If you had 4 tvs in your living room and direct TV showing every game like I do you would know the bucs can move the ball even on the vikings who were gna make freeman 'run for his life'. Thank god i bet the clemson game and didn't listen to any of your rookies. I'll keep my +1600$ a week average and call you all noobs. Hope you enjoy your 1.00 mcribs tonight
    Hard to take YOU seriously when you post that you put almost your entire account on ONE NCAA FB play and that you actively screw around with teasers. I'm glad you cashed, but it's rude to lump an entire group of people into the loser category because of one bad result. I'm sure you hit 100% of your selections, please feel free to share ALL of your wisdom with us because I rifled through your 6 posts and don't see a ton of insight being posted.

Stay humble.

Sir_Don_Yeggins

Im not suggesting I win 100% of my bets and I never would. I am a very humble better and the fact I came on here to request opinions should prove that. At the same time I would never tell some one to make a bet I wasn't 99% sure about and you told me to 'lay the points'. Rather than preach to me, maybe you should consider what you tell other people to do.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Strong edge and reasoning you got there.

Maybe the rest of us should go out and buy 6 or even 8 TV's so we can all get a better idea as to the outcome of these games.

Just imagine what 10 or 12 TV's could do.

Sir_Don_Yeggins

Your missing the point. You can punch all the stats into an excel spread sheet all you want, but its important to watch the team live to see what they can actually do. I appreciate the ones who responded with suggestions and analyst

A4K

Im not suggesting I win 100% of my bets and I never would. I am a very humble better and the fact I came on here to request opinions should prove that. At the same time I would never tell some one to make a bet I wasn't 99% sure about and you told me to 'lay the points'. Rather than preach to me, maybe you should consider what you tell other people to do.
    I did believe in that selection. I ended up taking the moneyline, but I strongly believed the Vikings would control this game. It was only after I read a write-up on the Tampa Bay secondary that I changed my mind and took the money line. I was wrong and had to jump on Tampa Bay late @ -13.5 to salvage a small profit.

I'm not attacking you, for all I know you are a great capper. Ultimately, you listened to your instincts and it paid off for you. I'm glad you cashed. I just think you'll make more friends and pick up a few things if you hold back on the name calling and finger pointing AFTER a game is over.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-27-15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: image does not exist

A4K

Your missing the point. You can punch all the stats into an excel spread sheet all you want, but its important to watch the team live to see what they can actually do. I appreciate the ones who responded with suggestions and analyst
    Okay, I get where you're coming from. Like you, I like insightful write-ups on the games. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Sir_Don_Yeggins

I get what your saying. Maybe next time you jump on a team late to salvage your money you should think about the people who read your posts early in the night and follow your suggestions only to lose while you win late. Just a thought
    Last edited by Sir_Don_Yeggins; 10-26-12 at 12:24 AM.

SteveRyan

Oh. I thought we were all a bunch of rookies and noobs who dont know what were talking about.

By the way, if you awesome TV's give you such a great edge, then why did you tease the game 6 points and then back out only to bet Clemson?

Sir_Don_Yeggins

First off, Steve, Im not even talking about you. Secondly, I wavered from the vikings to cash in on the more obvious bet -- Clemson

A4K

[QUOTE=Sir_Don_Yeggins;16527388]I get what your saying. Maybe next time you jump on a team late to salvage your money you should think about the people who read your posts early in the night and follow your suggestions only to lose while you win late. Just a thought[/QUOTE]

Honestly, do you really think anyone on this site would notice that I bought the other side with seven minutes left in the fourth quarter? Really? I'd like to think that I had that many followers, but ultimately people make up their own mind. I cannot be responsible for people tailing the advice that I offer on this site. I'm not a tout, nor do I claim to be. Like others on this site, I offer free advice. People can do with it what they like.

I wish I could predict that the Vikings would fumble twice and fail to stop the Buccaneers ground game, but I didn't. Tampa had an awful pass defense history before this game and I assumed that even Christian Ponder could dink and dunk his way to a few scores. Unfortunately, the Viking fell behind and compounded the problem by turning the ball over.

SteveRyan

[QUOTE=A4K;16527546]
    I get what your saying. Maybe next time you jump on a team late to salvage your money you should think about the people who read your posts early in the night and follow your suggestions only to lose while you win late. Just a thought[/QUOTE]

Honestly, do you really think anyone on this site would notice that I bought the other side with seven minutes left in the fourth quarter? Really? I'd like to think that I had that many followers, but ultimately people make up their own mind. I cannot be responsible for people tailing the advice that I offer on this site. I'm not a tout, nor do I claim to be. Like others on this site, I offer free advice. People can do with it what they like.

I wish I could predict that the Vikings would fumble twice and fail to stop the Buccaneers ground game, but I didn't. Tampa had an awful pass defense history before this game and I assumed that even Christian Ponder could dink and dunk his way to a few scores. Unfortunately, the Viking fell behind and compounded the problem by turning the ball over.
    Just face it A4K...

You don't own enough TV's.

A4K

[QUOTE=SteveRyan;16527808]
    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post

Just face it A4K...

You don't own enough TV's.
    Someday, Steve, someday. Until then, I'll just have to do with the three that I have.

SteveRyan