meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I agree Atlanta is not that good, I would like my chances of my Bears going in and winning the NFC championship in ATL. The Eagles have looked far worse, they HAVE LOST to teams on par with the ones you just mentioned. My gut says Philly wins this game, there is just no logic/numerical basis to make that pick, and about a million reasons to pick ATL, I just see too much value in ATL.
    There is both logic and numerical basis to pick Philly. You could look at Andy Reid's numbers coming off a bye week for instance.....You could also look at all of Atlanta's success, or lackthereof, playing outside their dome. No doubt Eagles have under achieved, mostly due to Vick's turnovers, however they do have one of the best backs in the league to fall back on.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    There is both logic and numerical basis to pick Philly. You could look at Andy Reid's numbers coming off a bye week for instance.....You could also look at all of Atlanta's success, or lackthereof, playing outside their dome. No doubt Eagles have under achieved, mostly due to Vick's turnovers, however they do have one of the best backs in the league to fall back on.
    Why do I feel a BUT coming on...?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Cause the Eagles ain't smart enough to use him. And Meader good explanation thanks.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Eagles win. Easy $. Andy Reid is like 13-0 off a bye week. Plus ATL is a dome team, can't handle gritty NFC East teams.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Nice write up you seem like a sharp kid! Also like Philly in this game Reid is excellent off a bye and southern team coming north is also a small edge not to mention that Atl has hard a hard time running the ball and the Eagles can get after the QB. All this being said it wouldn't surprise me if Philly is minus 3 turnovers and lose by 14 but that is what makes gambling fun!
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave edawg 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

BUT nothin, lock n' load. Fire at will boys.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Nice write up you seem like a sharp kid! Also like Philly in this game Reid is excellent off a bye and southern team coming north is also a small edge not to mention that Atl has hard a hard time running the ball and the Eagles can get after the QB. All this being said it wouldn't surprise me if Philly is minus 3 turnovers and lose by 14 but that is what makes gambling fun!
    Appreciate it e-dawg,

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post

BUT nothin, lock n' load. Fire at will boys.

My man!

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Louisville I gotta apologize I was short on time this morning and couldn't fully respond and shouldn't have til I had time. Its a great write-up and we need more stuff like this on the forums, but I disagree with your conclusion from it. I got the "they are due" from non-statistical points such as "get back on track", and the fact that the EAGLES HAVE NOT WON A GAME BY MORE THAN 2 ALL YEAR!

Shogunrua, The eagles have not covered a spread this year as a favorite, and now are favored to beat one of the best teams in football? please give a numerical backing for the Eagles to win the game, let alone cover the spread. Not some "they have underachieved so far" reasoning.

I will admit I am biased, I took the Eagles Under 9.5 wins at the start of the season, and as easily as they could be 4-2, they very possibly could be 0-6.

the eagles are 2 plays away from being 5-1... but also 3 plays away from being 0-6... similar could be said for many teams.. so much parity in this league

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Just saw Atl hasn't won in Philly since 1988, what ever that's worth..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

One more quick point:

Atlanta coming off bye week as well, but they have no clue what Todd Bowles is going do on defense. So they don't really know what they are preparing for...

Eagles on the other hand know exactly what they are preparing for...

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Unreal guys getting baited into falcons

I'll bump this after y'all been trapped

Sbrers will never learn

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Unreal guys getting baited into falcons

I'll bump this after y'all been trapped

Sbrers will never learn

You like the falcons?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

No
    I'm watching guys getting suckered into taking the ALMIGHTY UNDEFEATED falcons with a nice + sign by their name. SIGH.... Seen this one play out a million times over

I'm a big time eagles fan. I'm not biased towards them, usually over critical an only bet on/against them like 3-5 times max a season, but I'm really loving them in this spot Sunday. Falcons don't scare me, I mean last time they came here Kevin kolb blew them out yes I know teams have changed since then but ATL has been over valued by oddsmakers this season. Say what you want about eagles barely winning/covering but falcons shouldve lost AT HOME vs panthers & raiders rg3 got injured so who really knows what would've happened there... Really this team just doesnt scare me. Ont thing I know our corners will get mauledI tell ya Louisville, a knife through my heart to constantly see Nnamdi get torched

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

No
    I'm watching guys getting suckered into taking the ALMIGHTY UNDEFEATED falcons with a nice + sign by their name. SIGH.... Seen this one play out a million times over

I'm a big time eagles fan. I'm not biased towards them, usually over critical an only bet on/against them like 3-5 times max a season, but I'm really loving them in this spot Sunday. Falcons don't scare me, I mean last time they came here Kevin kolb blew them out yes I know teams have changed since then but ATL has been over valued by oddsmakers this season. Say what you want about eagles barely winning/covering but falcons shouldve lost AT HOME vs panthers & raiders rg3 got injured so who really knows what would've happened there... Really this team just doesnt scare me. Ont thing I know our corners will get mauledI tell ya Louisville, a knife through my heart to constantly see Nnamdi get torched
    Oh ok just making sure, cuz seems most in this thread are tailing...

However Im sure at least 56-60% of the bets will come in on ATL...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

As always, great write up, Kid! I know a lot of people will be hitting Philly based on Andy Reid's undefeated record coming off a bye week. I'm curious as to how many of those games were played where his opponent also came off a bye week.

I keep waiting for the Eagles to take the ball away from Vick and pound the rock with Shady. The Falcons looked really hot, then really mediocre. They played down to their competition and had to pull 2 wins out of their asses against both Carolina and the Raiders. It will be interesting to see how they stack up against this Philly D. I agree that it's Philly or no play on this game.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I love Philly in this situation as well, just hoping Asomugha & R-Cromartie can somewhat live up to their over-priced salaries.

dlunc3

No

finally lived up to his contract vs Calvin.. held him to one catch...too bad jaun had to get involved

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Good luck LK. Interested in seeing if they target Samuel. You know he is going to be jumping routes more than he already does to try and stick it to Reid.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Good luck LK. Interested in seeing if they target Samuel. You know he is going to be jumping routes more than he already does to try and stick it to Reid.
    Good point

dlunc3

Good point
    imo the biggest factor asante will have is in the run game.. they know he hates contact and is a liability vs the run.. I think they will attack his side with the ground game all day.. as well as in the air as you both pointed out

he definitely should play a big factor one way or another

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    imo the biggest factor asante will have is in the run game.. they know he hates contact and is a liability vs the run.. I think they will attack his side with the ground game all day.. as well as in the air as you both pointed out

he definitely should play a big factor one way or another
    100% agree

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    As always, great write up, Kid! I know a lot of people will be hitting Philly based on Andy Reid's undefeated record coming off a bye week. I'm curious as to how many of those games were played where his opponent also came off a bye week.

I keep waiting for the Eagles to take the ball away from Vick and pound the rock with Shady. The Falcons looked really hot, then really mediocre. They played down to their competition and had to pull 2 wins out of their asses against both Carolina and the Raiders. It will be interesting to see how they stack up against this Philly D. I agree that it's Philly or no play on this game.

Thanks pal, and GL....

trapezoid
    trapezoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Thanks for the write up Louisville...havin a hard time with sundays card...who else you like?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by trapezoid View Post
    Thanks for the write up Louisville...havin a hard time with sundays card...who else you like?
    Nobody really bro,

leans towards giants, packers, saints, & Sd/Cle O ...

but not giving these out as plays and prob won't even play them

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by trapezoid View Post
    Don't force any plays, books got killed last week

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    the eagles are 2 plays away from being 5-1... but also 3 plays away from being 0-6... similar could be said for many teams.. so much parity in this league
    that life in the nfl, and why it so hard to win consistently year after year with this sport,,few plays and/or few shitty ass flags many times is all the outcome hinges on..

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

I have Atlanta +8.5 in a teaser, as long as the Eagles don't win big I am happy

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    I have Atlanta +8.5 in a teaser, as long as the Eagles don't win big I am happy
    Very popular play, this storm could play a factor... Hopefully force Philly to run run run

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    look for samuel to jump a route and get burned on a double move deep

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Live in philly also...

Die hard fan checking in.

I love the write up, love the play, but I've been burned so many times by the Eagles, I just don't know if I can lay money for them this weekend...

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Eagles win this one.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    Live in philly also...

Die hard fan checking in.

I love the write up, love the play, but I've been burned so many times by the Eagles, I just don't know if I can lay money for them this weekend...

RetardStrength

LOL I feel like the Philly mush... I'm up a good amount of cash this season but EVERY SINGLE TIME I take the Eagles, they either give away the game late, or miss the spread by a point or two... Not to mention the Arizona game, where I was throwing my money out the window before the 2nd qtr...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    LOL I feel like the Philly mush... I'm up a good amount of cash this season but EVERY SINGLE TIME I take the Eagles, they either give away the game late, or miss the spread by a point or two... Not to mention the Arizona game, where I was throwing my money out the window before the 2nd qtr...
    You'll end that trend this week, where in philly do you live?

RetardStrength

You'll end that trend this week, where in philly do you live?
    Center City. 16th and South

First 123 Last