Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

sportsgirl's 1029 no-spread-it's-easy-as-pie picks column

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.d...D=200661027049

The Cowboys could use somebody like Aikman right now

Oh, for a chance at having Troy Aikman back.
    This might well be the thought of Dallas coach Bill Parcells as he makes a change to start the ninth different starting quarterback since Aikman, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in August, retired in 2001.
    Parcells drafted QB Drew Bledsoe as his No. 1 pick in the 1993 draft when he was the head coach of the New England Patriots and brought him to Dallas two years ago as the answer to the team’s woes at that position.
    Now four-year pro Tony Romo takes the helm for the Cowboys in tonight’s game against the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. Romo makes his first NFL career start, and sadly for him, Carolina’s Julius Peppers likely has a few “welcome to the game” presents lined up for him.
    While Bledsoe’s passing record this season is far from stellar, I fail to see how the three interceptions Romo threw playing in relief of Bledsoe against the Giants last Sunday makes him the better choice. Couple that with the fact that receiver Terrell Owens is a coward and that there are rats in the salads at a Dallas McDonald’s Giants receiver Plaxico Burress thinks Cowboys and it all adds up to a world of trouble for the Cowboys. The Cowboys have had no wins this season against teams with winning records and starting an unseasoned quarterback isn’t likely to change that. … PANTHERS.
    Jacksonville at Philadelphia: I can’t help but ask myself how Jacksonville in Week 2 shut out the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers yet allowed the lowly, previously winless Texans to score 24 point? The slide down hill is hard to stop … EAGLES.
    Seattle at Kansas City: Injuries are the story in Seattle as the Seahawks head into Kansas City without QB Matt Hasselbeck, RB Shaun Alexander and WR Bobby Engram. That’s a tough group to be without. Seneca Wallace makes his first NFL career start at QB for the Seahawks, though making that start in noisy Arrowhead stadium may not have been his first choice. … CHIEFS.
    Baltimore at New Orleans: The Saints are a surprising 5-1, 3-0 at home, and a noisy Superdome is about the last place Baltimore coach Brian Billick likely wants to take his anemic offense. … SAINTS.
    The rest of the games. Picks in bold:
    Houston at Tennessee
    Arizona at Green Bay
    San Francisco at Chicago
    Atlanta at Cincinnati
    Tampa Bay at N.Y. Giants
    St. Louis at San Diego
    N.Y. Jets at Cleveland
    Indianapolis at Denver
    Pittsburgh at Oakland
    Monday’s game
    New England at Minnesota
    Last week: 6-7; overall: 62-38.
    Last edited by bigboydan; 10-27-06 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Just edited out the personal info is all

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

They weren't exactly in bold, but they are now Sportsgirl

Houston
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    N.Y. Giants
    San Diego
    N.Y. Jets
    Indianapolis
    Pittsburgh
    New England

I like Az, Cincy,and Denver this week myself.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

Thanks for the article, Sportsgirl. I'm opposite you on AZ, Cincy, Cleveland and Denver. I'm gonna get you to back the Bengals one of these weeks! Good luck!

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    They weren't exactly in bold, but they are now Sportsgirl

Houston
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    N.Y. Giants
    San Diego
    N.Y. Jets
    Indianapolis
    Pittsburgh
    New England

I like Az, Cincy,and Denver this week myself.
    Thanks! I don't know why when I copy and paste the bold doesn't pick up? I also have a mistake in my column - it's fixed online, but I can't edit here ...

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    Thanks for the article, Sportsgirl. I'm opposite you on AZ, Cincy, Cleveland and Denver. I'm gonna get you to back the Bengals one of these weeks! Good luck!
    Not in your wildest dreams, sweets! Well, unless they are playing Oakland, of course

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    Thanks! I don't know why when I copy and paste the bold doesn't pick up?
    The forums doesn't know what bold is unless it has [ B ]word[ /B ] (minus the spaces inbetween the brackets) at the beginning and end of the word that is to be in bold.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by anthon9283; 10-27-06 at 01:56 PM.

falloutboy35
    falloutboy35's Avatar Become A Pro!

wrong about the dallas game. boys win a wild one, im calling it now, people forget that romo is nice and a million times better then bledsoe.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by falloutboy35
    wrong about the dallas game. boys win a wild one, im calling it now, people forget that romo is nice and a million times better then bledsoe.

That Romo, he sure is a nice guy. I think I'll bet on him.

Sportsgirl

I thought nice guys finished last?