ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

San Diego - 2 1/2

Chargers roll here. Let's be serious. This is still the brownies. After that monday night disaster, I love the super-chargers in this spot.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

no one was more of a sd honk than me for good part of season so far but cle d is improving and while i have no doubt that mathews could run wild on cle i have tons of doubt that norv dumb ass will actually give him the rock to do so,,id luv to hear what norv's record is off a bye as id guess it not good, they prob have more team parties than practices! i know norv is something like 3-9 last 3 years in non div road gms, dude doesnt get his team ready to play and always with same shit, run on 1st down pick up good gain, shotgun pass on 2nd down, pathetic really,,talent wise sd is easy pick, intangibles make it a little tougher...prob a pass for me cause it would be sd or pass but feel better passing i think, i hope like hell norv had his head surgically removed from his ass during the time off but it been stuck there so long it may be life threatening at this point..gl trigger

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

West coast team coming to east coast 1pm game will roll?

2daBank

im assuming Gather will play? if he still out you be insane to back sd, but i havnt seen injury report on that gm...

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I lived in the S.D. area and was a Charger fan for a long time and moved away a few years back; still follow them and have a decent pulse on the team and org.

Charger pluses - good running game with multiple RB's, Antonio Gates as healthy as he's been, Floyd can play, defense has looked good in spots, when not facing elite QB's. Have some skill players at WR and are deep at TE. Underrated KO return guy in Goodman.

Charger minuses - their HC, poor clock management, team loss of confidence from recent losses, confused offensive 'game plan' with too many deep drop pass plays, not enough quick timing routes, not taking advantage of their running game, Rivers has lost confidence, Rivers very immobile and does badly when he does have to leave the pocket, not taking advantage of Royal and Meachem who they acquired in the off-season.

It'll be interesting to see what Norv does in this spot, which has become kind of a must win game for the Chargers, IMO. Cleveland's D can be tough and they have played some close games against decent teams. Chargers traveling to a 'strange place' like Cleveland is probably tough for them and they are back on their heels right now. Fortunately for S.D., Cleveland has not been scoring points. Will pass ..... GL.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

interesting play here Trace. San Diego is actually one of the few favorites i can see losing this weekend.

If San Diego wins I think its very possible that the favored team wins every game , atleast straight up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Cleveland does have the 26th ranked pass defense , so maybe Rivers can be trusted here.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Trace i dont like this play. In fact i think the browns are one of the best dog plays of the week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

don't fukk me on this trace i just pulled the trigger on this pick lol

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I grew up in San Diego, went to college here, live and work here.

One piece of advice: Don't trust your money with this team.

When you blow a 24-0 lead at home in front of your home fans, with perhaps the worst play calling I've seen in the 2nd half (was anyone questioning why Rivers was throwing it so much? Even up 24-7, then 24-14. Where was our run game, where was Matthews/Battle/Brinkley?)

Furthermore again, in New Orleans, 1st half lead, 2nd half loss.

That is a disturbing tendency moving forward, the cancer that is Norv Turner almost never seems to inspire his teams or game-plan the 2nd half. Don't tell me good coaching doesn't matter, look at Harbaugh and the turn around in San Francisco.. with the exception of our defense (as far as pressure) the team has regressed.

There is no question this Browns team is perhaps not the same "caliber" as the Chargers, but styles of play fit into each other, and the Browns are playing at home in an early game, where the Chargers have been the example of the prototypical west coast slow start.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Everyone is just sick of SD so this is the spot, I just put my bet in for -2.5 @1.90

lakerboy

I do think the books want the chargers here though as i would assume all the $$ are on the browns with public action on sd big.

p19101
    Giants!

I had the Browns +3.5 last week, I got assfcked by Browns going for 2p on their first TD, for no reason at all.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    I had the Browns +3.5 last week, I got assfcked by Browns going for 2p on their first TD, for no reason at all.
    Same boat. Never easy letting your $$ ride on teams like Cleveland lol

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    The holder fumbled the snap of the PAT and took off running.

p19101
    Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The holder fumbled the snap of the PAT and took off running.
    Thanks, good to know. Browns had so many chances to close that game but opted to throw way way too many times.

heywally

Having been pretty critical of S.D. through the years, I will say this - on experience alone, and with a healthy Gates/Floyd and running game (should Norv decide to use them), the Chargers 'should' cover and win this game. I'm not betting them but I think that betting on Cleveland here, with a marginal rookie QB, is a mistake.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by LolsMcwinsey View Post
    West coast team coming to east coast 1pm game will roll?
    Absolutely. San Diego had 2 weeks to stew over that loss. They will bludgeon the Browns. You really think they don't get to cleveland early, just to adjust to time? C'mon. Teams figures this out and don't wait til last second to travel any more.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Absolutely. San Diego had 2 weeks to stew over that loss. They will bludgeon the Browns. You really think they don't get to cleveland early, just to adjust to time? C'mon. Teams figures this out and don't wait til last second to travel any more.
    sd doesnt "stew" over losses, pretty sure it has become rather excepted round those parts,

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    sd doesnt "stew" over losses, pretty sure it has become rather excepted round those parts,
    This was a very different kind of loss. Norv is a bad coach. But he will bounce back here.

lakerboy

Trace I have nothing here and I hope you cash but its gotta be the squarest play on the entire board but you are good at getting those. Good Luck bud.

2daBank

This was a very different kind of loss. Norv is a bad coach. But he will bounce back here.
    i hope so, my fantasy team needs him to give mathews the fukkin rock..

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Browns in a teaser could work.

ttrace35

This will be a double digit victory. SD beats up on bad teams.

ttrace35

Ricardson not 100%. Weeden won't beat SD. No chance.

2daBank

Ricardson not 100%. Weeden won't beat SD. No chance.
    no one beats sd, they beat themselves... be so much better if they got that chicken that plays tic tac toe to be the head coach, i could get behind them with a respectable mind like that calling the shots, norv turner not so much..

ttrace35

31-10

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Shouldn't they have been stewing over the New Orleans loss as well??? Can't trust Rivers with your money. There is something mechanically wrong with that boy.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

How anyone can trust the SD crew at this point is beyond me. What would you be up if you had just faded SD every game in the past three years? Luck to you TT but if you can make a solid case for CLE to win here it should make you a little nervous with the points.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Shouldn't they have been stewing over the New Orleans loss as well??? Can't trust Rivers with your money. There is something mechanically wrong with that boy.
    San Diedo beats up on bad teams. Sort of like a bully. Cleveland is a bad team. Trust tracer on this.

jkhan720
    jkhan720's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Isn't there a lot of value in betting SD in this spot? Good chance TRich misses this game, and even if he doesn't SD is the more talented team.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Definitely square. But square plays hit all the time. Still debating whether I want to play this game or not.

p19101
    Giants!

TRich will most likely play

heywally

Going with U51 as part of a teaser here and also, straight up, U44. The Chargers D has been tough against the run and has done well enough against non-elite QB's. Cleveland's D will be 'fired up' after looking at game film of the Chargers and knowing that they can win this one. Cleveland with a rookie QB who has struggled. Their best RB not 100%.

The Charger's offense needs to get Rivers righted and "should" play a conservative offensive game plan that includes more running, fewer deep drop pass attempts, more quick and short passes, all with a focus of no turnovers, ball control (killing clock.) In other words, the Chargers need to play down to the Browns level in order to not screw up so that they have a chance to win this one.

Raining and rain in the forecast in Cleveland.

At least one of these teams will struggle putting points up.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I think this is a clear stay away game.
    Browns have been in every game this year and just cant close it out.
    Chargers kill themselves it seems every week.
    Good luck

12 Last