nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

EAGLES/FALCONS Pick and Discussion

I know its been really hard watching this Eagles team this year...but I'm definitely putting some money down on the ML this week. Eagles are a perfect 13-0 under Andy Reid coming out of a bye week (10-3 ATS). As a fan, I feel the #1 problem with this offense is the playcalling. I think a better gameplan needs to be made because Vick is plain horrible if hes not getting the ball out quickly. They need to be able to establish a running game and stick with it to really make this offense effective. Otherwise its abandoned, and all pressure is put on Vick, which he cannot handle. Luckily, Atlanta is ranked 28th against the run this year, so Shady should have a solid performance and take some weight off Vick's shoulders. And with 2 weeks to prepare, Andy Reid is really good at creating that perfect gameplan. Not only should the running game flourish this week, but expect more screens and quick 3 step drop plays. On the other side of the ball is the defense. Now after a poor performance last year, the defense has become a lot stronger after a good offseason. There are signs this defense can be great, but than they can fall apart in the blink of eye. The defense has cost us the last two games. Yes, Vick could have turned the ball over less, and gotten us more points. But the fact of the matter is in the last two weeks the offense has given the team late 4th quarter leads and the defense couldnt make a stop. This, unfortunately has cost Castillo his job (though I feel he should have never been put there in the first place). So the main emphasis this week has been the defense, and I believe this shake-up will wake some players up and they will come out strong and focused. Hopefully, we will see a much more aggressive defense, like the eagles of the recent past (JJ era). Also, if the Eagles play better offensively, running the ball and making more quick plays, they can stay on the field longer and let the defense rest.

But in the end, simple facts are:
    1.Reid coaching for his job - expect improved gameplan coming off bye (which he has proven 13-0)
    2.Vick playing for his job - Some wondering why hes still starting, most likely his last chance
    3.Vick playing former team - With two weeks to focus on a game, what better team to face than his former Falcons.
    4.New D coordinator - Shake up should at least give players a kick in the ass
    5.PLAY THE ML! WHILE I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT AN IMPROVED EAGLES OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCE, THEY'RE 3 WINS ARE BY A TOTAL MARGIN OF 4 POINTS.

oh, and because of #5, Falcons in a tease is probably to tempting to pass up

Thoughts/Discussion?

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Im seeing 70% on atl yet the money line has increased?? Really hoping to get a better price by game time. Any chance the line doesn't come down?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i like phi but as you mentioned you almost have to play the ml with these assholes and i hate layin juice in nfl...ive been on them in few of their close wins, balty gm killed me at least i took the points against pit,,man every time i bet phi i am praying they score before they get in the red zone as once inside the 20 you know a turnover coming, painful to watch..one would think that shit is correctable and ill more than likely be on phi one way or the other but ill be cringing every time they get inside the 20, these guys will be very tough to beat going forward if they just clean it up in red zone..