CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Lion /Bears MNF Pick

So I've got a lot riding on Lions ml at +240. And by a lot I mean $100 which is my lunch money for the week. What's the consensus on this game?

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    So I've got a lot riding on Lions ml at +240. And by a lot I mean $100 which is my lunch money for the week. What's the consensus on this game?
    Ill ride with you.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Ill ride with you.
    fukking queer!!

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I was inspired by a JJ Gold thread about teasers and played my first and possibly last one of the year on SF-Chi. I love Chicago's D and the fact they finally have a true top notch WR B Marshall and the Forte/Bush backfield.

The only way Det wins is by big unexpected special team/turnover plays. They will have to get breaks and hope Cutler melts down, because they are not nearly as good in the trenches on either side of the ball. Chicago is a powerful 11 win type of team, only lost at GB and played well there.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    I was inspired by a JJ Gold thread about teasers and played my first and possibly last one of the year on SF-Chi. I love Chicago's D and the fact they finally have a true top notch WR B Marshall and the Forte/Bush backfield.

The only way Det wins is by big unexpected special team/turnover plays. They will have to get breaks and hope Cutler melts down, because they are not nearly as good in the trenches on either side of the ball. Chicago is a powerful 11 win type of team, only lost at GB and played well there.
    They're both pretty stacked against the run right? So, I'm guessing it'll be down to Cutler v Stafford? If that's the case I'm in bad shape

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    fukking queer!!
    What's wrong with that?

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

They're both pretty stacked against the run right? So, I'm guessing it'll be down to Cutler v Stafford? If that's the case I'm in bad shape

Very true, both D's are good against the run. But as a unit, Chicago is easily top 3 and probably the best in the league all around and especially strong vs pass #1. Detroit secondary is weak and their entire D unit is in the bottom third in the league.

Chicago is a brutal physical team who finally went out and got the weapons they needed on the offense to be a legitimate powerhouse. Chicago offense is still middle of the pack, becuase of Cutler and o line questions and Detroits rate higher offensively, but their numbers drop significantly on the road and vs top 10 D teams. Cutler's high INT rate may be an issue, but their offense is very balanced and their defense is very dominant.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Very true, both D's are good against the run. But as a unit, Chicago is easily top 3 and probably the best in the league all around and especially strong vs pass #1. Detroit secondary is weak and their entire D unit is in the bottom third in the league.

Chicago is a brutal physical team who finally went out and got the weapons they needed on the offense to be a legitimate powerhouse. Chicago offense is still middle of the pack, becuase of Cutler and o line questions and Detroits rate higher offensively, but their numbers drop significantly on the road and vs top 10 D teams. Cutler's high INT rate may be an issue, but their offense is very balanced and their defense is very dominant.
    i think chi d is a tad overrated at this point, they havnt played any teams that exactly a force running the ball and with exception of gb/dal havnt played any teams that have a wr capable of stretching out the cover 2 (just so happens pack out rushed them), dal i mean they out gained them but had terrible turnovers and stupid mistakes all gm (all credit to bears for forcing those but lets be real dal does that shit at times).. if stafford can limit his mistakes, take what d gives him underneath, and more importantly if det commits to running the ball (believe they can have success with bears having to worry about johnson and have had more rushes than passes in both wins) i think this gm be close and go down to the end..yea det corners have issues after houston but the dline will either disrupt cutler or force him to get rid of quick, houston can play with marshall which leaves them free to do other stuff on side of field...both defenses very good inside red zone and both offenses have struggled punching chances in,,,think we get a close and somewhat low gm that tight till the end..

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

bears by 14

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

How can anyone like Detroit to win this game? This game will be just like the lions eagles game last week only bears won't shit the bed in the fourth quarter. Agree Bears win by 14+

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Detroit always has problems on the road, esp. in Chicago

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

its a tossup
    anything can happen in this crap game

giants/cards will be better to watch

if I had to pick
    Lions +13 1/2 in a teaser

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    How can anyone like Detroit to win this game? This game will be just like the lions eagles game last week only bears won't shit the bed in the fourth quarter. Agree Bears win by 14+
    lions chances better than what the price indicates imo,,,holding a +240 ticket with gm still in question late aint bad, not to mention chi offense hasnt exactly got off to blazing starts so not out of question det takes a early lead when in that case it a no lose bet...

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Teased to +0.5 under 54 (-130)

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

good value on Det ML here..I think it will be close. Best of luck

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Detroit has a excellent chance of winning. I'll send you points for pizza if you need them but unlikely.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

If Cutler shows up to play, Bears will win by double digits.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post
    I like it!

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game is a coin flip imo. Take the points. Detroit just came out of very hostile environment where they picked up a win in Philly. Detroit been competitive in all 3 losses....including losing by 8 in SF....all 4 Chi wins have been blowouts but haven't really played anyone yet....Indy, Jax, STL and an overrated Dallas team....Detroit has a good shot to win this one. Not sure how anyone can say the Bears roll here.

WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

bears D too good, esp in their own building. bears by 10.

The Resurrection
    The Resurrection's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

And don't forget Bears ST will simplify things a lot for Cutler.

geislr76
    geislr76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yes, I'm a big bear fan, but when it comes to betting on them, I'm one of their biggest critics. That said, i really do see the bears getting a won that covers the spread.

If the bears shut down Calvin, who will be double covered all game, its tough to wonder how the lions can win. Their running game is decent at best and the bears run d is insane. Alshon being out sucks, but with a healthy Forte, the pass game will get opened up.

Bears are also coming off a bye week. Lions come off an uplifting win, but lets be honest - Philly's d was dreadful that game and they shot themselves in the foot. Philly was in control the entire game.

I watch too much NFC North action and can tell you the lions are not good. Their d is no longer scary, and their offense refuses to click. If bears score quick or shut down the lions early, this game will get out of hand.

Take bears

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

det ml; and under

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Detroit is basically fighting for its season, but they always seems terrible in Chicago. But if they lose they are pretty much buried. Could be close. Or it could be a major Chi blowout.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Detroit pluses - they just won at Philly, Stafford can put up points, their D 'can' be good, important divisional rivalry game, they have Calvin Johnson, the Bears could have lost momentum with the bye, Cutler capable of tilting in the right circumstance and with a good pass rush.

Chicago pluses - at home, well rested, Forte more healed, their D, Stafford has been erratic, Detroit has minimal running game (allowing Bears to focus on pass D), Bears have handled Detroit the last while.

I couldn't go Detroit ML except with a really small bet. I need Bears -1 to complete a teaser and am thinking of hedging that with Detroit +6 or +7 but am leaning to not doing that. GL.

ps = scattered thunderstorms in Chicago today - 50% chance of rain throughout the day. Could be a factor in the over/under .... or not.
    Last edited by heywally; 10-22-12 at 11:26 AM.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Better stop and get some peanut butter and jelly on the way home.

Looks like PBJ's for lunch this week.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. If you like the Lions, why not take the points?

Maybe you wanted to drop weight, diet?

joe9792
    joe9792's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Lions.. Tigers.. and Bears.... Oh My

Okay so there are no Tigers at Soldier field.. But after watching those Pats BLOW OUT the pesky Jets , I believe your Lions have a definite shot. As another already mentioned, it will depend on what Cutler shows up to Monday night's game.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

bear down!!!!!!!!

sorry bro your going without food for a couple days...... bears roll tonight... at home rested... and stafford will have fits dude.. bears go up by 2 scores then coast with bush and mr reliable forte...31-10 bears

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on guys, Lions can win this game. Bears have beaten Rams and Colts at home, won on the road at Jax and on the road against a highly overrated Cowboys team.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Back to back road wins....tough spot for Det. Chitown off bye week...

Chi cover depends on Cutler meltdown :twocents:

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Detroit is basically fighting for its season, but they always seems terrible in Chicago. But if they lose they are pretty much buried. Could be close. Or it could be a major Chi blowout.

useless post of the week award

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Stafford has never won in Solider Field, and Lovie has won 5 out of his last 6 games coming off a bye. Oh, and Jay Cutler has excellent stats on MNF.

Aquaplex
    Aquaplex's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way Detroit wins this game. Question is will Chicago cover 6.5 and i believe they will, but this is the NFL, anything can happen on any given sunday/monday. Really depends on which Jay Cutler shows up.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly it's hard to take either team - detroit should really be 0-5 if it weren't for comebacks and chicago has played some miserable defenses - my question is, is detroit a miserable defense? Anyways the edge goes to chicago but should be more like 4-5 points, not 7.... although the weather sucks, im liking the over for this game, megatron is going to get something, turnovers will lead to points on both sides and the cutler/marshall train has been rolling - at least 40 points in this game but probably more

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post
    What book is that with? I use Pinny and they only have up to 48.5.

12 Last