In NFL....the WIN reigns supreme. end of discussion

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    ??????????? That isn't how a safety works.
    But he is given the choice.

If Seattle is short of the 1st down, he may decline the safety and San Fran gets the ball.

If Seattle gets the 1st down, he may accept the safety.

That's what the announcers said. Is this not correct?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Only 1 coach in NFL would take points off the board to make it a 2 possession game.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

team that gives up a safety gets free kick either by kickoff style or by punt can you onside kick following a safety

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

gamblers are narrow minded
    They see only one angle and that is the gambling angle

Ardbeg
    Ardbeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    But he is given the choice.

If Seattle is short of the 1st down, he may decline the safety and San Fran gets the ball.

If Seattle gets the 1st down, he may accept the safety.

That's what the announcers said. Is this not correct?
    I think you should/need to watch more football, cause I don't think you know how things work.

If Seattle gets the 1st down, he accepts the safety, and Seattle has to do a free kick. Seattle doesn't get to keep the ball.

Harbaugh made the right call. The chances of Seattle getting the onside kick and scoring, and then doing it again are a lot higher than a bad snap happening. Even though it's like 0.000001% compared 0.000000000001%.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-19-12 at 06:09 AM.

chisox35
    chisox35's Avatar Become A Pro!

People who don't know football need to stop already!Trust me I was hoping Seattle had picked up the first down so SF would have taken the 2.Once it was ruled he did not make the marker I knew I was cooked as I had SF -8 in a 2 teamer with Tigers ML.I'm not upset because even with a $600 swing in my bank roll I knew Harbaugh made the right call.One of those weeks for me, with the SD collapse costing me a dime as well.It happens in gambling,just not worth getting upset about especially when the right decision was made.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The thing is us bettors make the NFL relevant plain and simple. With out us this league ratings would be shit. You should never take points off the board that effect a spread that much, it is bad for business.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by chisox35 View Post
    People who don't know football need to stop already!Trust me I was hoping Seattle had picked up the first down so SF would have taken the 2.Once it was ruled he did not make the marker I knew I was cooked as I had SF -8 in a 2 teamer with Tigers ML.I'm not upset because even with a $600 swing in my bank roll I knew Harbaugh made the right call.One of those weeks for me, with the SD collapse costing me a dime as well.It happens in gambling,just not worth getting upset about especially when the right decision was made.
    This is a quality post. I'm not at your stakes but the last couple of weeks haven't been great. ups and downs I suppose

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Right call and no question about it!

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

This thread is a trainwreck... Everyone with their 2 cents but no one has a clue.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post

If Seattle gets the 1st down, he accepts the safety, and Seattle has to do a free kick. Seattle doesn't get to keep the ball.

Harbaugh made the right call. The chances of Seattle getting the onside kick and scoring, and then doing it again are a lot higher than a bad snap happening. Even though it's like 0.000001% compared 0.000000000001%.
    I stand corrected. My bad.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by notsosharp View Post
    The thing is us bettors make the NFL relevant plain and simple. With out us this league ratings would be shit. You should never take points off the board that effect a spread that much, it is bad for business.
    You can't be serious. Sorry but the guys who pay Harbaugh's salary don't give a flying f*ck about sports bettors or the Vegas line. The only currency in the NFL is wins, and Harbaugh ensured one without ANY additional risk to his team.
    Last edited by CDMKMP; 10-19-12 at 03:56 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (games played against the same opponents).
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).
    Strength of schedule (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has played against).
    Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best net points in common games.
    Best net points in all games.
    Best net touchdowns in all games.
    Coin Toss.

I think it was the right call. Two extra points would in no way come into play in a tiebreaker. But a kick has the chance for recovery and you could have a starter hurt. No need to subject anyone on the team to a full speed play at that point.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

[QUOTE=CDMKMP;16444362]You can't be serious. Sorry but the guys who pay Harbaugh's salary don't give a flying f*ck about sports bettors or the Vegas line. The only currency in the NFL is wins, and Harbaugh ensured one without ANY additional risk to his team.[/QUOTE

You are not understanding what I am saying. Nfl and college football is so popular because so many people bet on it. If nobody gambled on
    it they would lose billions in tv money. I am not saying it is fixed because it is not. What I am saying is bettors matter and without them Nfl and college football would be at least 80% less popular. You think anybody besides bettors and alumni were watching the north texas ul lafayette.

First 12