theyknowthescore

the only losers are the public....guys like billy dont lose at all

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

ah not really that rigged

theyknowthescore
    theyknowthescore's Avatar Become A Pro!

do you really think any smart money came on the patriots last superbowl?
    i can guarantee you tons of stupid money came on the giants, thus the books didnt do so well

theyknowthescore

Quote Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post
    ah not really that rigged
    major books know every winner before hand and definitely do not want equal action...they want as much public sheep on the "know loser"

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Harbaugh's call was right, besides things that have been said in this thread, Harbaugh did not want to risk his players being injured.

theyknowthescore

it was a first down tip of the ball hit the 21 yard line

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    they can onside all the fukkin want. Niners would have been up 9 points. How hard is that for obtuse people like you to understand???
    ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!

Exactly how would Harbaugh lose the game? Might as well go for it at home.

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

Fuch harbaugh u penetrating oyster you never take points off the board u can't onside after a penetrating safety u dummies u must punt the ball he cuda kneeled down then

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

I've never seen points taken off the board in all my days od gambling you take the points allow the punt protect the ball and get in victory formation u dumb penetrate

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i was at cardinal gm and didnt see so just reading to piece together the end (far as bets go i had 1st half under and a sea and under tease so this didnt effect me)...let me get this right, either he takes the safety and then there has to be more plays ran in a gm or he denies safety and takes a knee and that gm? if im reading this right there no way you extend a gm for no reason, you take the path of least resistance and from im reading refusing the safety meant sf doesnt have to do anything but kneel? if that correct you are a moron if you dont think that was the right move, why even risk having your players have to run another play in a gm that is decided?

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

life is rigged, you are nothing more then a robot!

Phildo
    Phildo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6228

Quote Originally Posted by Oteder View Post
    Fuch harbaugh u penetrating oyster you never take points off the board u can't onside after a penetrating safety u dummies u must punt the ball he cuda kneeled down then

You don't punt after a safety, you free kick it. that means you can't use a tee and that means that you can recover it after it goes 10 yards.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman51 View Post
    Definitely seems a little fishy... people saying that declining the safety was the right call are saying so because there was a small chance that down by 9, Sea could have recovered an onside kick, gone down the field, scored, recovered ANOTHER onside kick, gone down the field again and kicked a field goal. All with under a minute left and no timeouts.

I would guess the odds of all this happening are probably about the same as the 9ers fumbling on the kneel down play and Sea recovering which theoretically could have happened and would have given the Seahawks the ball back down by only 7.

On the other hand, the flag that created the safety was fishy too. I don't know what to think, but a weird ending all around.

FYI, I was on Sea 2nd half ml for a small amount, so my bet was pretty much dead either way.

If you think the odds of 2 scores in 43 seconds is the same as fumbling a kneel down you shouldn't be gambling. It's simple kneel down and end the game. The arguing here is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 10-19-12 at 08:46 AM.

natepdx33
    natepdx33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Of course you'd think that because you see a conspiracy everywhere you look. Harbaugh made the right call, take the ball without giving Seattle a chance to onside it. How is this difficult for people to understand?
    Seattle would have punt after a safety so they can't onside kick

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

phillip rivers? I bet you will see a fumbled kneel down before you see a team coming back and winning down by two scores in their own endzone with 55 seconds left and trying to recover an onside kick. Obviously it is smart from an injury standpoint. But bush league from a betting standpoint. We the bettors are the reason the nfl is relevant.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Why would "Vegas" want the game to land on 7?

Think about everyone that bought the line down to -6.5, and everyone who bought the line up to +7.5.

They get screwed with the game landing on 7.

Let's use some common sense here, folks. Jim Harbaugh made the right call, decline the penalty and the game is over.
    The opening line wasn't 7. Nor was it even close to 7 until game time. Some books went -7.5 but... if you want to buy it down... that's your decision.

WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    You nailed it. I'd hate to be up 9 points and allow the other team to onside kick with 53 seconds left.
    I agree with the decline, but do you understand what you're saying? If you honestly tell me that with a 9 point lead at home, opposing team onside kicking with NO timeouts you're worried about LOSING a game you're an idiot and a fool. Like i said Harbaugh made the right call but there is no way he is losing that game if he accepts the penalty. Seattle is not gonna recover an onside kick, score, recover another onside kick, and score again in less than 1 minute with no timeouts against arguably the best defense in the NFL. time alone wouldn't allow it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by natepdx33 View Post
    You can onside kick after a safety. It is a "Free Kick" or a "Safety Kick", so you don't have to punt it. You just can't use a tee to kick off of.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Idiots.....getting tired of seeing these stupid threads every week. If it was fixed then why call the penalty in the endzone to begin with. SF should've been down 16-3 or worse in the 1st half anyway....Seattle kept dropping passes way downfield. SF was the wrong play from the opening kickoff

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

What is Mikail doing betting games? That's against Shari'a

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by natepdx33 View Post
    For the last time people YES THEY CAN. You guys make my head hurt.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by theyknowthescore View Post
    major books know every winner before hand and definitely do not want equal action...they want as much public sheep on the "know loser"

sure they do...

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

i had 49ers bought down to 6.5 so i won anyway but that was definitely bogus and the nfl is 100% fixed to an extent. not all of the games are or else people wouldnt bet anymore but a good portion of them are. my local says it is as well

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

It's been a great year for anyone who blindly takes the Seahawks. Green Bay debacle--worst call in history. Patriots debacle--worst secondary coverage in history. 49ers cover--first time in history a coach chose to be up by one score instead of two. Wow.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

i lost money too but it was the right call

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I love how people think you rig a game on the last play. You rig a game quietly over the whole game, not when the spread is magically in range and you decline the chop block in the endzone in the last two minutes. "Thats how we'll rig the game guys, we'll have harbaugh decline a chop block in the endzone so the sehawks cover. Nothing could go wrong with out little plan. Excellent."

orangeman51
    orangeman51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post

If you think the odds of 2 scores in 43 seconds is the same as fumbling a kneel down you shouldn't be gambling. It's simple kneel down and end the game. The arguing here is ridiculous.

Fumbles on simple plays happen. Even in the NFL. Remember this game?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311031012

Granted, it wasn't a kneel down play, but it was a simple play that was supposed to change the alignment of the football to better suit the kicker. And the ball was fumbled on the snap. It's rare, but it can happen, just like 2 scores in under a minute with no timeouts is rare, but can happen.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Unreal! Harbaugh declines to take the safety off the board. I had the Seahawks +8 but a fix job is a fix job. Sorry for anyone who was screwed by those cheats!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermzzy View Post
    they take the safety they be up 9points? with under a minute lol hes the worst
    Harbaugh OBVIOUSLY did the RIGHT thing by declining the safety because he effectively ended the game by doing so, as all QB had to do was take a knee. The game was over, why would you take the safety and give Seattle a tiny chance at a miracle? THAT would make no sense.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    i had 49ers bought down to 6.5 so i won anyway but that was definitely bogus and the nfl is 100% fixed to an extent. not all of the games are or else people wouldnt bet anymore but a good portion of them are. my local says it is as well
    The logic here completely escapes me. So, let's say, the NFL comes out tomorrow and says that "All NFL games from this point on will be fixed". As a gambler, why would I care. They aren't going to tell you in what way "they will be fixed" or "how the refs are going to fix the game" or "who the winner will be"...nothing changes. At a 90% clip, the people that say "that game was fixed" are generally losers (except with this game because Harbough MADE THE RIGHT DECISION AS A HEAD COACH). There are other errors in your post too but I'm tired of typing. GL with your bets.

MNF Bailout
    MNF Bailout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by in2thethickofit View Post
    The logic here completely escapes me. So, let's say, the NFL comes out tomorrow and says that "All NFL games from this point on will be fixed". As a gambler, why would I care. They aren't going to tell you in what way "they will be fixed" or "how the refs are going to fix the game" or "who the winner will be"...nothing changes. At a 90% clip, the people that say "that game was fixed" are generally losers (except with this game because Harbough MADE THE RIGHT DECISION AS A HEAD COACH). There are other errors in your post too but I'm tired of typing. GL with your bets.
    You say nothing changes if the game is indeed fixed?? WTF? By that token, handicapping the game is of no value, that's what changes.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Not saying it's a rigged game, but they know what the spread is. From the announcers to the players to the coaches and the Gatorade buy, they know what the spread is.
    Maybe in your sick pathetic little world pal. ill Degenerate ....

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

SF spread was the dumbest bet one could make on that game anyway.

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    do you really think harbaugh cares about covering? i doubt he even knows the spread. when you think about it, he did the right thing...

Everyone knows the spread. The only thing is.... There goal is to win games... Not cover or intentionally lose.

I'm pretty sure someone would get fired from doing that.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

The main thing that people don't understand is that Harbaugh HAD THE OPTION TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO AFTER THE BALL WAS SPOTTED.

1. If the ball was spotted short of the 1st down, he DECLINES the safety and SF takes a knee.
    2. If the ball was spotted over the line, he ACCEPTS the safety and Seattle would then do an onside kick to try and recover.

Harbaughs decision DOES NOT automatically prevent a turn-over or automatically give SF the ball.

The refs still need to spot the ball. Then Harbaugh decides what to do.

First 1234 Last